IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Anyone near Cincinati, Ohio? http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/vgm/2559184989.html console with stack of games for 25

actually lol... i am at my friends here near cinci and we bought that lot. dirtiest system i have ever seen. took it apart and cleaned the hell out of it. had dirt, insulation, cob webs... and it works ! the controllers are yet to be desired but thats always the case even when they are good.

Anyone near Cincinati, Ohio? http://cincinnati.cr...2559184989.html console with stack of games for 25

actually lol... i am at my friends here near cinci and we bought that lot. dirtiest system i have ever seen. took it apart and cleaned the hell out of it. had dirt, insulation, cob webs... and it works ! the controllers are yet to be desired but thats always the case even when they are good.

LOL, really? What games came with it?

I envisioned it was an old farmer that was selling it..........Any more details? :D

Anyone near Cincinati, Ohio? http://cincinnati.cr...2559184989.html console with stack of games for 25

I envisioned it was an old farmer that was selling it..........Any more details? :D

lol actually it kinda was... think he said it was in an attic where he moved into... it was either buried in mud or in a barn lol. games are 1 donkey kong, 2 space fury, 2 carnival, 2 cosmic avenger, 1 subroc, 1 venture, 1 qbert label fell off. very dirty games also. when i put them in the system you have to kind of move them around and hit reset to get them to work alot of the times.

lol actually it kinda was... think he said it was in an attic where he moved into... it was either buried in mud or in a barn lol. games are 1 donkey kong, 2 space fury, 2 carnival, 2 cosmic avenger, 1 subroc, 1 venture, 1 qbert label fell off. very dirty games also. when i put them in the system you have to kind of move them around and hit reset to get them to work alot of the times.

Still, 25 isnt a bad deal. :thumbsup:

I've sold a 10 or 20 items to outside the US, and one of the things that is a pain to me is to drive 15 miles each way to the post office because of custom forms, Driving to the post office I have to use $7-$8 in gas (how do I recoup that money?), and then stand in line for 10 minutes. If I mail within the US I can print the postage, and drop it in a mailbox and I'm good to go. I basically would have to make $10 more on an item going out of the US to make it worth while.

Interesting - thanks for the info. This is clearly a big difference between the USPS and Canada Post. With Canada Post it is possible to complete everything online and print the postage even for international shipments, and drop it in any mailbox.

Edited by Ikrananka

I've sold a 10 or 20 items to outside the US, and one of the things that is a pain to me is to drive 15 miles each way to the post office because of custom forms, Driving to the post office I have to use $7-$8 in gas (how do I recoup that money?), and then stand in line for 10 minutes. If I mail within the US I can print the postage, and drop it in a mailbox and I'm good to go. I basically would have to make $10 more on an item going out of the US to make it worth while.

Interesting - thanks for the info. This is clearly a big difference between the USPS and Canada Post. With Canada Post it is possible to complete everything online and print the postage even for international shipments, and drop it in any mailbox.

You can print customs forms online for USPS, too.

My post office says that I have to bring them in, is that not the case? If so that would be great!

I'm more then happy to sell overseas, but I use Amazon for that, not EBay. Amazon gives you a fair shipping credit for that which the buyer then pays.

It is a hassle to have to do the custom forms, but not that time annoying. I ship everything at the local PO during my lunch break anyway.

I'd say another part of the reason is the whole claims process. Often times buyers elect for the cheapest shipping option, and then when it aproaches 30 days, claim they never got it and get their money back. Insurance and signing are a lot harder to get for things out of the country, even to Canada, and when available they add on to the expenses. Scamers are also (it seems, anyway) more common overseas along with PO systems not as good. The whole EBay experience allready is much easier and safer for buyers then sellers...when you factor in overseas, it just adds to the chance that something is going to happen.

I'm more then happy to sell overseas, but I use Amazon for that, not EBay. Amazon gives you a fair shipping credit for that which the buyer then pays.

It is a hassle to have to do the custom forms, but not that time annoying. I ship everything at the local PO during my lunch break anyway.

I'd say another part of the reason is the whole claims process. Often times buyers elect for the cheapest shipping option, and then when it aproaches 30 days, claim they never got it and get their money back. Insurance and signing are a lot harder to get for things out of the country, even to Canada, and when available they add on to the expenses. Scamers are also (it seems, anyway) more common overseas along with PO systems not as good. The whole EBay experience allready is much easier and safer for buyers then sellers...when you factor in overseas, it just adds to the chance that something is going to happen.

Do you prefer Amazon or Ebay overall?

My post office says that I have to bring them in, is that not the case? If so that would be great!

Here's one guide, there are others online:

http://www.auctioncope.com/guide/how-to-print-usps-international-shipping-label-with-required-customs-forms/

Also, USPS will pick up packages for you for free, so you never need to drive to a PO or mailbox again to drop off packages. Just look into Carrier Pickup:

http://pages.ebay.com/usps/shippingitems/carrierpickup.html

Surely there are some relatively easy ways to avoid some of these issues, e.g. only allow more expensive shipping options, limit shipping to those with tracking, limit sales to lower risk countries etc.

Technically you can. But I have not been able to figure out how to do it efficiently. The custom form that gets printed out that way is bigger than most boxes that I am sending them out in.

Surely there are some relatively easy ways to avoid some of these issues, e.g. only allow more expensive shipping options, limit shipping to those with tracking, limit sales to lower risk countries etc.

I haven't shipped to Canada in a while. For me it was a damned if I do damned if I don't. My main issue was that through the USPS I could never get proof of delivery. If someone mailed something from Canada to me they could get a sig confirmation, I never could to Canada through the USPS. And no one wanted to pay the extra for alternative shipping methods. If I sent $20 worth of games to Canada I was only out the $20 and the time it took to stand in line for the custom forms. No real big deal there. If I shipped a high price item, not only was I out the time to get the custom form, I was out the cost of the item as well.

With that said... Does anyone know if someone from the US can get delivery confirmation shipping to Canada now?

Edited by SpaceDice2010

I have yet to truely understand shy so many sellers limit there eBay ads to US only. I'm in Canada, right on the same continent, and most of the US only sellers I contact refuse to ship outside the US. Is it that much more difficult to ship to Canada? Or is it just that every country outside of the US is renowned for trying to fleece every US seller so best stick to home! I would have thought that sellers would want to widen their sales area as much as possible to maximise the final bid.

In a perfect world, it would be equally easy to ship to Canada as it is within the US. But it isn't a perfect world.

In additional to all of the reasons mentioned, I've generally stopped selling outside the US because I'm tired of hearing the whining about why shipping takes so long and why it's so expensive. It's not worth it for me to spend the time and frustration replying to those messages knowing that they've never actually bought the items after I've put in the time to respond to inquiries. Selling to people in the US on eBay is enough trouble as it is, why would I add to the frustration?

Also, USPS will pick up packages for you for free, so you never need to drive to a PO or mailbox again to drop off packages. Just look into Carrier Pickup:

When I tried carrier pickup the first time, the packages sat there for 2 days until I gave up and took them to the post office myself. The carrier delivered mail both days and stepped right over the packages. The second time, one package was returned because the post office said the postage was wrong (which it wasn't) and I had to repay to ship the item because the original postage was "spent" when the package was picked up and returned to me.

I didn't give "Carrier Pickup" a third opportunity to screw me over.

I live in a doorman building in NYC, so carrier pickup is a non issue. They come multiple times a day. My issue is and let me ask the question here -

Would a buyer be willing to pay the extra cost if a US seller shipped via UPS or Fedex, the two companies that will offer proof of delivery?

Ebay is a bitch now. Just two open cases and the seller is in "trouble". It's not really worth getting in trouble with Ebay over a couple $20 transactions.

Edited by SpaceDice2010

Just listed........Boxed Complete Donkey Kong 229.00. I know this is rare, but is it worth this much?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005965739191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300596573919&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hell no, and definitely not in that condition.

CIB CV DK is around a $90 title to me. I've seen them go a bit lower, and a bit higher, with sealed being a bit more of course.

Just listed........Boxed Complete Donkey Kong 229.00. I know this is rare, but is it worth this much?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005965739191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300596573919&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hell no, and definitely not in that condition.

CIB CV DK is around a $90 title to me. I've seen them go a bit lower, and a bit higher, with sealed being a bit more of course.

Why doesnt one of the CV homebrewers make a reproduction DK box?

Do you prefer Amazon or Ebay overall?

Oh, Amazon, in a heartbeat. :) I've said this in other threads, but Amazon gives you a fair shipping credit and has lower fees, and they aren't as quick to screw the seller as EBay/PayPal is. The one drawback is that you need to have patience to sell your item -- it's not good for any really rare items, or stuff you need money on right NOW.