IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

BTW, looks like even the ADAM Computer is reaping the benefits of all this Coleco love going on over on eBay as a system with disk drive went for a nice chunk of change. I don't want to post a link as the auction just ended... see earlier in this thread for proper etiquette on these matters,

ADAM Disk Drive are pretty scarce!

Man! , I followed many auctions to get one for myself but these went to high for me

Not surpised though, judging by how much they were back in 1984 !

True that Boulder Dash is not the rarest or hardest game to come by, even CIB. I can't even imagine what a WizMath, Sammy Lightfoot or the Xonox DoubleEnders CIB would end up going for.

Or a sealed Tournament Tennis from Imagic ;)

BTW: Sammy is probably THE RAREST COMPLETE IN BOX to get!

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

True that Boulder Dash is not the rarest or hardest game to come by, even CIB. I can't even imagine what a WizMath, Sammy Lightfoot or the Xonox DoubleEnders CIB would end up going for.

For Tournament Tennis, just buy (if I recall correctly) the Commodore=64 version and pull of the C=64 sticker to reveal "For ColecoVision & ADAM". Then all you have to do is track down a loose cart for around $80-$100. This is a helluva lot cheaper route to take and I think it was mentioned on this forum a couple weeks ago.

Sealed Tournament Tennis... would have to break the bank on that one.

Someone in Canada was selling a Sammy Lightfoot CIB on eBay for $500 BIN a month or so ago. I wish I would have grabbed that one as it's only going to get harder to find one.

Maybe I should auction mine.....

Someone in Canada was selling a Sammy Lightfoot CIB on eBay for $500 BIN a month or so ago. I wish I would have grabbed that one as it's only going to get harder to find one.

THAT WAS A STEAL!!!

For Tournament Tennis, just buy (if I recall correctly) the Commodore=64 version and pull of the C=64 sticker to reveal "For ColecoVision & ADAM". Then all you have to do is track down a loose cart for around $80-$100. This is a helluva lot cheaper route to take and I think it was mentioned on this forum a couple weeks ago.

Manual is not the same apparently ;)

Ya that's why I wouldn't be as interested in a nonsealed tournament tennis vs a sealed one. C64 differently lowers the value of that game as a CIB. It being a factory sealed game shows the true rarity of that game.

• Like 1

Maybe I should auction mine.....

THAT WAS A STEAL!!!

I would love to know what the difference look like, although what ever you do don't open your to find out :lol:

BTW, looks like even the ADAM Computer is reaping the benefits of all this Coleco love going on over on eBay as a system with disk drive went for a nice chunk of change. I don't want to post a link as the auction just ended... see earlier in this thread for proper etiquette on these matters,

ADAM Disk Drive are pretty scarce!

Man! , I followed many auctions to get one for myself but these went to high for me

Not surpised though, judging by how much they were back in 1984 !

While the ADAM Disk Drives are scarce, they do have a tendency to show up on eBay fairly often. I would venture a guess that there were about 15 last year and close to 5 already this year. The main concern here is the working condition of the drive seeing as you would have to have some serious SKILLS to repair one if it is more than just an alignment issue and even if the seller says that it is in working condition... you just never know.

:arrow: Loose = $125-$150

:arrow: CIB = $225

They originally sold for $225-$250 in the States and I've heard around $325 in Canada... so after almost 30 years, they have retained their value if you don't take inflation into account. :grin:

Who reads the manual anyway? I know first hand that my wife would never, ever consider reading an instruction manual... maybe that's why she keeps me around. :ponder:

A freak collector that will someday buy your collection ;)

Hey, strange.... my wife too don't read the manuals ...... sounds like conspiracy! :roll:

did supergun get it or did someone else?

Whoever got it, they definetly earned it. If he did, I would venture a guess that the Box would cost you about $500 to buy from him.

Ya I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that much for just a box and manual with no game :sad: . I never dreamed that game would go for almost $900! Hopefully there will be more that will pop up now and I can find one at a better price. I'm still kicking myself for not spending the money on that sammy CIB a few months ago.

Did anyone see this crazy adam auction! Lots of disks and Tapes!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3208487619241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320848761924&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Still has 3 days left. It's not my auction, i just wanted to point it out incase anyone here missed it.

Russ

That's alot of stuff I don't really collect adam stuff exept for my arcade box games for the adam(that was only because those are so cool). Do you know what the value of all that would be?

If it tops $75, that will be a huge stretch, but the way things go on eBay... it could hit $100 easily. There isn't anything really rare as far as officially released products with the exception of the Coleco of Canada version of ExperType. However, it will be a nice way for someone to jumpstart their ADAM collection even though most of the software are actually backups/copies.

This lot is actually a very good means to stock up on Data Packs and Disks that can be reused for other means.

WTF!! It's at $232 and counting. I'm pretty sure that I am not missing anything as I looked it all over very carefully.

Looks like it might be high time to buy some more disks and data packs and get in on the action. :twisted:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3208487619241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320848761924&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Still has 3 days left. It's not my auction, i just wanted to point it out incase anyone here missed it.

Russ

That's alot of stuff I don't really collect adam stuff exept for my arcade box games for the adam(that was only because those are so cool). Do you know what the value of all that would be?

If it tops $75, that will be a huge stretch, but the way things go on eBay... it could hit $100 easily. There isn't anything really rare as far as officially released products with the exception of the Coleco of Canada version of ExperType. However, it will be a nice way for someone to jumpstart their ADAM collection even though most of the software are actually backups/copies.

This lot is actually a very good means to stock up on Data Packs and Disks that can be reused for other means.

WTF!! It's at $232 and counting. I'm pretty sure that I am not missing anything as I looked it all over very carefully.

Looks like it might be high time to buy some more disks and data packs and get in on the action. :twisted:

Yeah, but you never know what you could find by digging in those DDPs and Disks ;)

Russ

Yeah, but you never know what you could find by digging in those DDPs and Disks ;)

Oh, I know that all too well. Having taken in too many systems to count back in the Users Group/Mail-Order days and upwards of 10 alone last year, I have spent many an hour sorting through thousands of disks and data packs to ensure that I did not miss anything. Really what it boils down to, finding gems in the rough that is, is the obvious fact of who the owner is/was. There are certains ADAMites that I know I would jump all over the opportunity to acquire stuff from, but those guys aren't selling anytime soon, so 99.9% of the stuff that shows up on eBay will be just more of the same for someone like me, but will be gold for those just starting out with the ADAM. Then there are those rare cases when you come in contact with a former Coleco employee like I did last year, but then a lot depends on what department that they worked in.

Back to this auction, there are three items that immediately jump out and they are the CIB disk version of SmartLETTERS & FORMS (rare) and the Coleco of Canada CIB versions of Telly Turtle and ExperType. Other than that I see a lot of public domain volumes and backup copies, so again the real value will come down to the winning bidder acquiring a large supply of Data Packs and Disks that can be reused after spending a lot of time looking thru all the files on each one.

did supergun get it or did someone else?

Whoever got it, they definetly earned it. If he did, I would venture a guess that the Box would cost you about $500 to buy from him.

Come on I told you when I want something I get it. Do you really think one of the only CIB that I do not have was going to get away? ;)

I had to join a snipping company to make sure I won it because I was in Austria and was sure I would not have access to try and get it. Got love the snipping company!!!

Almost done with the collection baby :)

This looked interesting:

Time Pilot with an "Advance Review Cartridge" label. Kind of looks like a Telegames label.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209619702251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220961970225&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This was released by Telegames with this label. The cart was mounted on a grey cardboard blister pack with a simple photocopy paper instructions. Not overly rare either (I have one unopened).

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

• Like 1

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

REPRODUCTION

• Like 1