IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

I was affrad of that happening when I saw those boxes getting made, The way the seller is selling those and not letting you see the back of the box, the buyer of those games is going to be upset when he sees "authentic replica package" on the back of the box. :woozy::mad::thumbsdown:

It looks like the seller is not being honest to me :ponder:

• Like 1

Seller is from Colecovision Canada ???

And he cannot say for sure if it's a repro or not?

Yeah, right...... :thumbsdown:

Unless you're trying to trick me into not bidding and then you'll pick up an original CIB at a reasonable price.

Just kidding. Glad to get your input - I'm sure that it is a repro but how can you be so sure (aside from the seller's odd location and lack of clarity in his answer to me)? Was the front of the repro box modified from the original in some way?

Seller is from Colecovision Canada ???

And he cannot say for sure if it's a repro or not?

Yeah, right...... :thumbsdown:

Unless you're trying to trick me into not bidding and then you'll pick up an original CIB at a reasonable price.

Just kidding. Glad to get your input - I'm sure that it is a repro but how can you be so sure (aside from the seller's odd location and lack of clarity in his answer to me)? Was the front of the repro box modified from the original in some way?

No it wasn't only the Picture on the back and the Repo label on the back bottom

It looks like the seller is not being honest to me :ponder:

So, did you contact him before?

No but I saw what you posted and not showing the back of a mint DK CIB game sounds pretty fishy to me. :? You can't hide that when the only way to tell is to see the back of the box :?

I also love the fact that the "larger image" is not any larger. When I sell something I always put large and high res pictures as I can so that buyers can zoom in. He should at least have put in a detailed description but instead states "what can I say". Hmmm, not impressed.

Nah.... I already have all Coleco games CIB, including DK ;)

Ooooh - you lucky man :P

Just to be clear ... all Coleco brand games ... wich mean, no other company are in my collection...well almost ;)

I'm a Coleco collector, not just a CV collector

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

REPRODUCTION

Just got a message from the seller:

"I was just able to contact the guy who sold them to me last week and he said they are reproductions!"

Good call J-F!!!!!

Price is currently $91 so some poor sod is going to be very unhappy.

REPRODUCTION

"I was just able to contact the guy who sold them to me last week and he said they are reproductions!"

Good call J-F!!!!!

Ya and I notice the seller didn't have the decency to post your question and let everyone know its a repo :mad: :mad: :mad:

REPRODUCTION

Good call J-F!!!!!

That was easy actually...... Cabinet is more dark blue and there is no white outine on the back of cabinet ;)

I can spot fakes miles away from it

did supergun get it or did someone else?

Whoever got it, they definetly earned it. If he did, I would venture a guess that the Box would cost you about $500 to buy from him.

Come on I told you when I want something I get it. Do you really think one of the only CIB that I do not have was going to get away? ;)

I had to join a snipping company to make sure I won it because I was in Austria and was sure I would not have access to try and get it. Got love the snipping company!!!

Almost done with the collection baby :)

AH!!! I should have kept better track of the last couple CIB games that you need as I thought you had this one already. Congrats on the pickup and getting one step closer.

BTW, I was contacted by the seller on Thursday that he hadn't recieved payment for the game yet and was opening up a case so that he could "2nd chance" it. Just a heads-up if you haven't sent payment yet... which I'm sure you have seeing that you're back on here after what had to be an incredible vacation.