IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Someone in a thread pointed to yahoo.jp as a good place to search for MSX computers/cartridges at good price. Looks good.

Anyway I just searched also for Colecovision a see what I found http://page6.auction...tion/f111842313

Pretty strange :)

Those Taiwan Cooper style bootlegs (think there are 6 or 7 made in this style) are pretty common to see on auction sites now-a-days and usually sell for around $15. When they first started showing up more frequently about two years ago, they would fetch quite a bit more money, but there has been a steady stream of them coming from Venezuela and this has reduced the rarity/demand for them... plus, afterall, they are just bootlegs.

Wow glad I already own Jungle Hunt

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 170928938913 1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item= 170928938913 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well, be carefull with that seller. I won a CIB copy of Mr. Do's! Castle for $70 BIN from that guy.....he put the wrong zip code on the package, so it's been bouncing around the State for the last 2 weeks. I contacted my Postmaster and he's trying to get it resolved for me. Right after I won that auction, I picked up Star Wars CIB for $50 from him.....it arrived yesterday in an envelope!! :mad: When I made payment I had made note to seller to "PLEASE DO NOT send this in an envelope" X4 lines....he said I didn't send a message and the auction stated it would be sent that way. Can't believe peeps send 30yr old cardboard boxed games in envelopes!! God only knows what Mr. Do's Castle will look like....IF it ever gets here!

Edited by Jaymiester

Well, be carefull with that seller. I won a CIB copy of Mr. Do's! Castle for $70 BIN from that guy.....he put the wrong zip code on the package, so it's been bouncing around the State for the last 2 weeks. I contacted my Postmaster and he's trying to get it resolved for me. Right after I won that auction, I picked up Star Wars CIB for $50 from him.....it arrived yesterday in an envelope!! :mad: When I made payment I had made note to seller to "PLEASE DO NOT send this in an envelope" X4 lines....he said I didn't send a message and the auction stated it would be sent that way. Can't believe peeps send 30yr old cardboard boxed games in envelopes!! God only knows what Mr. Do's Castle will look like....IF it ever gets here!

Well, seeing as I'm down to 6 CIBs needed from the original 80's releases, I had to pay the piper on this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't run into any issues like you although he does state that a USPS Medium Flat Rate box will be used. Anyhow, as long as this one arrives in good shape, I'm down to 5... :D anyone want to help with :D :

- Logic Levels

- Memory Manor

- Slurpy

- Word Feud

- WizMath

oh yeah, and Super Sketch Pad with Sketch Master.

Dude, I scored CIB copies of Word Feud ($250) and Slurpy ($250) off Atari2600.com just yesterday.

I caught JC as he was listing them.

I also picked up these CIB games from him yesterday:

BC's Quest for tires 2 (Sealed $130)

Chuck Norris SuperKicks ($95)

It's Only Rock'N Roll ($180)

Motocross Racer ($180)

Robin Hood ($180)

Sir Lancelot ($180)

Tomarc the Barbarian ($250)

I'm down to 13 titles to complete my U.S. originals set after yesterday.

Edited by Jaymiester
  • Like 2

Well, seeing as I'm down to 6 CIBs needed from the original 80's releases, I had to pay the piper on this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't run into any issues like you although he does state that a USPS Medium Flat Rate box will be used. Anyhow, as long as this one arrives in good shape, I'm down to 5... :D anyone want to help with :D :

- Logic Levels

- Memory Manor

- Slurpy

- Word Feud

- WizMath

Got a couple of those Jim (memory manor / wiz math) (at least my records say I do...)- but uh sorry won't part with them... still kicking myself for letting the box for Jungle Hunt go many years ago for a song :mad:

Dude, I scored CIB copies of Word Feud ($250) and Slurpy ($250) off Atari2600.com just yesterday.

Motocross Racer ($180)

Robin Hood ($180)

Sir Lancelot ($180)

Wow! Nice pickups, good fair prices from JC as always. Thrilled I missed these! :)

Motocross Racer ($180)

Robin Hood ($180)

Sir Lancelot ($180)

Unbelievable, I must have purchased stuff from him the day before he put those up on the website because I didn't see them when I was looking through things. Only thing I have left to buy is Motorcross and that would have been a nice cheap pickup.

Congrats

Motocross Racer ($180)

Robin Hood ($180)

Sir Lancelot ($180)

Timing is everything in life, isn't it? I must have just looked at the Atari2600.com site shortly after you cleaned house with that rather large but not overly expensive, for those CIBs, purchase. I figured that I must have missed out on some goodies when I saw the Artillery Duel CIB in his listing of new products... usually when you see a ColecoVision title in his new products listing, that means that there were others that people already grabbed.

Congrats!

Someone is selling a copy of one of my Galagas on eBay. At least the person makes it clear it is a copy. I just wish he hadn't used my logo...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907976884981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290797688498&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Anyways, there you have the reason I don't sell ROM images. Though once my Super Game cartridges are ready, that is something I won't need to worry about anymore.

Looks like the auction was canceled or someone made a very BIG side offer.

- Logic Levels

- Memory Manor

- Slurpy

- Word Feud

- WizMath

It's kind of interesting what people are still missing in their collections. For example, I found CIB copies of the Fisher Price games relatively easy to acquire, but something like CIB Jungle Hunt or Keystone Kapers keeps getting away from me (sometimes by choice depending on price).

Motocross Racer ($180)

Robin Hood ($180)

Sir Lancelot ($180)

I could have used 4 of those Xonox titles, but cash is tight this month, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't see them (that's the mature thing to say, had I had the chance I probably would have just thrown caution to the wind and my Visa card).

If there had been a CV Wizard of Wor in there, I would have reported him to eBay for a fraud attempt. :)

Of course after first verifying with the seller that it was indeed not a CV cart... although it is easy enough to tell from the picture that it's the 2600 version.

Actually, about two years ago, I had one of those OMG moments when I say a Tac-Scan cart in an auction with only ColecoVision stuff and no EM #01. The picture wasn't of the best quality and the cart was mostly blocked by other items. Suffice it to say that I was on pins and needles waiting for the seller to verify that it was indeed the 2600 version and not some unbelievable stroke of good fortune and luck that Nuvatec actually produced a cart of this unfinished game and the seller had somehow acquired it.

Wow - yesterday I saw that atari2600.com had a prototype CV controller (pic below) for sale at $995. Today it is gone - did anyone on AA buy it I wonder. Prototype or not - that's a lot of cash to sink on a controller.

this is not me :(

I would have paid more than that! Geez I offered chuys alot more

Anyways, the lucky winner is a great guy, so that's cool :)

Wow - yesterday I saw that atari2600.com had a prototype CV controller (pic below) for sale at $995. Today it is gone - did anyone on AA buy it I wonder. Prototype or not - that's a lot of cash to sink on a controller.

Yeah, that's a BIG chunk of change for a prototype controller, but seeing that there may only be a couple in existence, I guess the price is justified. BTW, while discussing things a couple months ago with chuys450 when he was considering selling off his collection, he informed me that he received multiple offers for this controller that ranged from $1500-$2000... so I guess $995 wasn't such a bad price afterall.