IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Lol! It was me you outbid by 9 cents. :) I'm out of town and forgot to bid again so I'd say you got a pretty good deal overall.

I'm glad you were out of town!! ;) I thought that I misread something on these because no one was bidding, and I was the highest bidder for the last 45 minutes, by barely anything. I was really surprised to wake up in the morning and found out that I won. Now I know why it went relatively cheap, because of no folder!!

Considering that each Flyer sheet can sell for about $25 each, you got yourself a pretty good deal. As was mentioned, having the folder that these Flyers came in adds a lot of value as well as having complete sets of Flyers. The black background Flyers are from the 1st Press Kit that Coleco release in 1982 and I see five of those in your auction win... these are the more valuable. The blue background Flyers are from the second Press Kit that Coleco released in 1982 and are much more common. You are missing a good number of Flyers from each set and the three-hole punches were probably done by a salesperson or whomever owned them previously as they were not distributed like this by Coleco.

When the Coleco Industries Museum website officially goes online, there will be good scans of all of them without watermarks! I have two more kits to sit down and scan out of the six that I own. I am missing the 1984 - Second Release Kit if anyone wants to help out..... Anyone? If you are reading these Chuys450, please send me a PM.

Thanks NIAD for the info on the origins and years of these things. Much appreciated!

I don't know if this auctions is anyone here but I just thought it was funny.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513067675371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251306767537&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It has been out there for a while for 400 bucks for Donkey Kong and Jr Donkey Kong and instead of lowering the price they added a Centipede game.

I guess it is only funny if you have been watching it but it made me laugh when all the sudden I saw another game added instead of how many people would just lower the price. :)

I don't know if this auctions is anyone here but I just thought it was funny.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513067675371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251306767537&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It has been out there for a while for 400 bucks for Donkey Kong and Jr Donkey Kong and instead of lowering the price they added a Centipede game.

I guess it is only funny if you have been watching it but it made me laugh when all the sudden I saw another game added instead of how many people would just lower the price. :)

With it being brand new sealed, I don't think they're too far off on price. Yes, still a bit too high, but another round of lowering and I can see someone (not me) springing to get the DK. Didn't the last nice one up for auction on ebay go for the high $100s? It was only CIB, not sealed.

Yeah i believe high 100s is correct. I guess it depends how many sealed colecovision colectors there are though. I don't think there are too many. If you give donkey kong $200 worth DKjr and Centepede are cheap and like I said if there are not sealed enthousiasts out there then it adds nothing to the price.

So it is minimum 100 bucks off and most likely around 150 off of a good price. However with ebay you never know.

The funny thing is you leave that buy it now on and put an auction price of like $200 and if people get in auction war he may end up getting more than 400.

Yeah i believe high 100s is correct. I guess it depends how many sealed colecovision colectors there are though. I don't think there are too many. If you give donkey kong $200 worth DKjr and Centepede are cheap and like I said if there are not sealed enthousiasts out there then it adds nothing to the price.

So it is minimum 100 bucks off and most likely around 150 off of a good price. However with ebay you never know.

The funny thing is you leave that buy it now on and put an auction price of like $200 and if people get in auction war he may end up getting more than 400.

I don't know. You can never tell about those sealed collectors. They're a kooky bunch!

I think I'll never be a sealed collector, the suspense kills me thinking if the game works or not :)

It is even worst for me as one time I discovered that my sealed Activision HERO didn't work when opened, so my mind has an example case :D

I think I'll never be a sealed collector, the suspense kills me thinking if the game works or not :)

It is even worst for me as one time I discovered that my sealed Activision HERO didn't work when opened, so my mind has an example case :D

It would drive me nuts not opening a sealed box. How do you know that someone didn't reseal it and fill it with garbage?

I'm with you Nanochess. I have opened up numerous sealed games just because I have to know that the game works and more importantly that the game and instructions are, in fact, in the box. I always fear that someone took out the cart and manual and replaced with some garbage and then resealed the box with shrinkwrap and a heat gun. I worked in a computer store for four years and I use to open software that I wanted, then re-shrinkwrapped the box and you could never tell the difference.

I tip my hat to Sealed Collectors, but it's also very cool to be the first person to open a box (well, I think), look at the manual and play the game especially when these items are 25-30 years old. It's almost like opening up a time capsule.

• Like 3

I'm with you Nanochess. I have opened up numerous sealed games just because I have to know that the game works and more importantly that the game and instructions are, in fact, in the box. I always fear that someone took out the cart and manual and replaced with some garbage and then resealed the box with shrinkwrap and a heat gun. I worked in a computer store for four years and I use to open software that I wanted, then re-shrinkwrapped the box and you could never tell the difference.

Another very good reason to open sealed games.

I tip my hat to Sealed Collectors, but it's also very cool to be the first person to open a box (well, I think), look at the manual and play the game especially when these items are 25-30 years old. It's almost like opening up a time capsule.

It's very exciting. I like specially the new smell and that I don't have to clean anything :)

I've got a Turbo cartridge like this one on ebay : http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.fr%2Fitm%2FCOLECO-VISION-TURBO-%2F380682816150

It's a US cart with a CBS label over it. Is it common?

I'm wondering why this was done. Was it before CBS cart were available or after that there was none left?

Has anyone noticed the price of Colecovsion Experience Magazines has gone way down as of late?

Volume #1 just went for $10.49! http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F141019934129%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1423.l2649

I recently got #2 and #3 on EBay for $25-$30 per. At one time, I thought #2 and #3 were going for $50-$70 each, and maybe higher.

Maybe the supply is getting bigger, or just a change in the price, as other games have fluctuated in the past.

Has anyone noticed the price of Colecovsion Experience Magazines has gone way down as of late?

Volume #1 just went for $10.49! http://rover.ebay.co...984.m1423.l2649

I recently got #2 and #3 on EBay for $25-$30 per. At one time, I thought #2 and #3 were going for $50-$70 each, and maybe higher.

Maybe the supply is getting bigger, or just a change in the price, as other games have fluctuated in the past.

Ya I have seen the value of games starting to go down lately, http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FSuper-Cross-Force-for-the-Coleco-ColecoVision-1983-Spectravideo-%2F200944602198%3F_trksid%3Dp2047675.l2557%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%253AMEDWX%253AIT%26nma%3Dtrue%26si%3Dx9Odmwt%25252Ftswev6ilyLwr3bv5ci4%25253D%26orig_cvip%3Dtrue%26rt%3Dnc I saw this game CIB go for $100 not to long ago and now it just went for $31

It's just the normal ups and downs and the past 2 months have been extremely slow and uneventful... summertime is always like that although this year more so. I'm sure things will start heating up once again after Labor Day and also when there is another influx of people starting to collect for the ColecoVision.

Betcha don't have this for your Colecovision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513122577781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251312257778&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

comes with manual!

Yeah it is starting to piss me off that my search is filled with these things because they put a lot of extra words in things to have searches find them.

I hate the guy with the comic books that throws up like 50 auctions at a time.

Yeah it is starting to piss me off that my search is filled with these things because they put a lot of extra words in things to have searches find them.

I hate the guy with the comic books that throws up like 50 auctions at a time.

I find it amusing that the person decided that the platform was "ColecoVision". It makes me wonder what the seller really intended.

I find it amusing that the person decided that the platform was "ColecoVision". It makes me wonder what the seller really intended.

He probably messed up, but there are others who put every word possible at the bottom of the design for anything they might sell and then it comes up when we are searching for specific things.