IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Edit: And one way to spot these reproductions is they use regular ColecoVision carts, as opposed to the carts Atarisoft used for the ColecoVision (two separate labels, as opposed to a wraparound label).

Good examples of the Atarisoft two separate labels can be seen here:

Colecovision Labels Thread (page #2)

Scroll down and you will see Atarisoft labels for:

Dig Dug

Joust

Pac-Man

Galaxian

Moon Patrol

Robotron 2084

Stargate

Tempest

I'll try again as my post yesterday was completely bypassed, as people seemed more worried about something that wasn't in an auction!! :D

How much is this ADAM set up worth? I'm currently leading the bidding, but not sure whether I need to up my bid?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F231060357214

Cheers

I'll try again as my post yesterday was completely bypassed, as people seemed more worried about something that wasn't in an auction!! :D

How much is this ADAM set up worth? I'm currently leading the bidding, but not sure whether I need to up my bid?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F231060357214

Cheers

There is nothing exceptionally rare in this auction with the exception of the CBS printed owner's manual... which is the first time I have seen it. Everything else in the auction is actually the U.S. release of the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM, the 64K Memory Expander looks like the Orphanware Business Systems card which was made in 1986 and there is nothing rare with the software that is included. Due to the condition of the box and system, looks like some things from the original packaging are missing, don't know if the original styrofoam packing inserts are included, the Printer may not print but does supply the necessary power and the seller doesn't state if the Data Drive is fully functioning (we know it reads, but does it write?)... I would say around $225 U.S.

• Like 1

hey guys, posted a couple CIB cv games on ebay. bid on 'em if ya wanna! they are both in A+ shape, i can provide more pics for members if you pm me, also.

James Bond 007

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FJames-Bond-007-Colecovision-1984-CIB-complete-%2F221290142025%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem3385eb9949

Beamrider

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FBeamrider-Colecovision-1983-CIB-complete-%2F321217767430%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem4aca122806

there's also some CIB and sealed C64 games and some other junk. lemme know if you end up winning something that you're an AA member and we'll work out something cool. thanks!

Don't know anything about this particular multicart but sean kelly is famous among vectrex users for a multicart he did for that community.

It's interesting that the multicart in the youtube video he links to is actually a different version - check out the differences between the title screens. Looking forward to some insights from NIAD :)

Bartsfam, on 05 Oct 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:Bartsfam, on 05 Oct 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:Bartsfam, on 05 Oct 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:Bartsfam, on 05 Oct 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:Bartsfam, on 05 Oct 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Anyone familiar with the history of this? Was there only a few made? I've never seen this item discussed here.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FHOLY-GRAIL-of-Colecovision-cartridges-extremely-RARE-LIMITED-by-SEAN-KELLY-%2F281181161979%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games_Games%26hash%3Ditem4177b409fb

This item is 15 years old? Who is Sean Kelly?

Is it worth the money??

NIAD rates the game as a R9

Yes it is rare but "Holy Grail" it is not. I don't think it is worth as much as the guy wants. The game was one of the early multi carts and was sold at conventions. There was 5 different Sean Kelly multi carts but they became obsolete when Atari Max made there USB and SD carts. They have no value to people other then hard core collectors that want everything. If it started at a $0.99 auction I would bet it wouldn't go over $100. That would be my guess. I find the CoColeco multi cart more interesting in my opinion as it has a really cool box art and its from France, which I just like things from other countries in my collection.

This is the first ColecoVision MultiCart that contained all (or almost all) of the known at the time released, prototype, unreleased and even early Homebrew CV games and it was sold by it's creator, Sean Kelly, direct and probably at Classic Gaming Expo shows in Las Vegas. Sean also made a couple of other CV MultiCarts that contained far fewer games (16-in-1, 32-in-1 and I think he was the person that made the 64-in-1) and they would have been released in the late 90's and early 2000's, but I am not sure of the exact years seeing as I was out of the scene at the time. They were state of the art at the time, but do not offer the ability to add more games to them like the AtariMax SD Cart, and I have heard that they are hit-or-miss as far as working condition after all these years.

Sean Kelly is still a huge player in the retrogaming scene and owns a videogame store in Norridge (on Harlem Ave. just south of Montrose Ave. on the Northwest side of Chicago) that you really need to checkout if you're in the area. He also runs the yearly retrogaming show in Las Vegas called C.G.E. along with Joe Santulli and John Hardy... amongst others. Oh yeah, if you look up the word "retrogaming preservationist" in a dictionary, his picture is displayed.

As far as the differences in the title screen, I would assume this is just due to updates Sean made either to add some new games or possible to correct some problems.

As far as the value of it... that all depends on what someone is willing to pay for it in order to acquire it for their collection because top dollar will have to be paid to acquire it and there won't be any wiggle room to flip it for a profit. The only way to determine the true value of it would be to start an auction at a more reasonable price and then see where the bidding takes it. I would think an auction that started at $0.99 would easily top $100 and would probably end up going A LOT higher especially considering the history behind this MultiCart.

I'm with you Relik as far as preferring a complete package like the Cocoleco, but cool is cool and this Sean Kelly MultiCart is cool. 8)

• Like 3

NIAD, on 05 Oct 2013 - 8:26 PM, said:

This is the first ColecoVision MultiCart that contained all (or almost all) of the known at the time released, prototype, unreleased and even early Homebrew CV games and it was sold by it's creator, Sean Kelly, direct and probably at Classic Gaming Expo shows in Las Vegas. Sean also made a couple of other CV MultiCarts that contained far fewer games (16-in-1, 32-in-1 and I think he was the person that made the 64-in-1) and they would have been released in the late 90's and early 2000's, but I am not sure of the exact years seeing as I was out of the scene at the time. They were state of the art at the time, but do not offer the ability to add more games to them like the AtariMax SD Cart, and I have heard that they are hit-or-miss as far as working condition after all these years.

Sean Kelly is still a huge player in the retrogaming scene and owns a videogame store in Norridge (on Harlem Ave. just south of Montrose Ave. on the Northwest side of Chicago) that you really need to checkout if you're in the area. He also runs the yearly retrogaming show in Las Vegas called C.G.E. along with Joe Santulli and John Hardy... amongst others. Oh yeah, if you look up the word "retrogaming preservationist" in a dictionary, his picture is displayed.

As far as the differences in the title screen, I would assume this is just due to updates Sean made either to add some new games or possible to correct some problems.

As far as the value of it... that all depends on what someone is willing to pay for it in order to acquire it for their collection because top dollar will have to be paid to acquire it and there won't be any wiggle room to flip it for a profit. The only way to determine the true value of it would be to start an auction at a more reasonable price and then see where the bidding takes it. I would think an auction that started at $0.99 would easily top $100 and would probably end up going A LOT higher especially considering the history behind this MultiCart.

I'm with you Relik as far as preferring a complete package like the Cocoleco, but cool is cool and this Sean Kelly MultiCart is cool. 8)

I agree with you Jim, a Sean Kelly cart is cool and I would love to have one, but at this time in my collecting life I wouldn't pay more then $100 for it, as I have other carts that do the same thing. That's not to say other collectors wouldn't pay more. I would really like to see the game in a real action to see what it goes for. It is a cool piece of homebrew history, and I have only seen a Sean Kelly cart pop up on ebay about 3 times in the last couple of years.

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's hard to justify paying big bucks for such an item when we have newer MultiCarts that offer so much more as far as adding new games when the desire suits as well as built-in diagnostic tools. I would love to own this particular Sean Kelly creation for it's historical homebrew value, but I'd rather save my $$$ for the really big fish in the ocean... unreleased/prototype carts or rom images if and when they come up.

• Like 2

It's down to $379 now...it's going down!

Opcode proto: Exerion not sure if this is real why would you remove the signed and numbered prototype label?

It should look like this.

Its real and so is this one, but they aren't part of the 5 prototype releases that Ed did on ebay. I'm not sure the full story so Ed or someone else would need to chime in.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/COLECOVISION-GALAGA-CARTRIDGE-ONLY-/321224632157?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4aca7ae75d

The one I'm not sure of and have never heard of is Vampire(I know Dracula was in the works but never release and I have no clue if this has anything to do with it, I'm just throwing out a guess) , I didn't see it on Niad rarity list. So again I hope someone else could chime in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-VAMPIRE-CARTRIDGE-ONLY-/321224617367?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4aca7aad97