IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I guess we learn new things every day

I was clearly not aware an ADAM version did exist

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-ADAM-BOULDER-DASH-data-pack-/171167185133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27da5bf8ed

The topic of TeleGames releases for the ADAM Computer came up a couple months ago... I guess you missed it. I'd have to check back in old NIAD Newsletter product lists, but there were roughly 20 ColecoVision games that TeleGames had converted to ADAM DDP and Disk format and sold thru their mail-order as well as thru a couple ADAM mail-order companies. For the Data Pack versions, they used the all too familiar green plastic clamshell and in most instances used a generic grey with blue lettering insert sheet while in a couple special cases (Boulder Dash, Alcazar, Rock 'n Bolt), they used the insert sheet artwork from their cartridge distribution like you see in the two auctions that were put up by ADAMcon (whoops, only one remains, looks like he got an offer he couldn't refuse! :thumbsup: ). The Disk versions were distributed in a plastic zip lock bag with the same artwork as the DDP versions, but they were reduced and on two separate sheets (front and back) with a couple pieces of cardboard as well to protect the disk.

I can't remember exactly, but some of them even had a nice TeleGames title screen added which displayed while the cart code loaded into memory.

As a whole, they were very good sellers for us, but by 1989 no one wanted them anymore... probably because of all the pirating going on as well as the release of some very good cart copier software programs.

BTW, I saw them last night and considered it, but the cartridge versions I own are plenty good for me.

Here's pics of the generic grey insert sheet clamshell:

post-25956-0-45549800-1383868127_thumb.jpg

Subject: Coleco Adam Hardware / Educ-Software / Games for Sale

If you collect Coleco Adam Hardware/Software/Games ,then you might be interested in my newly listed eBay auctions. You can go to ebay and cut-n-paste each eBay Auction "item number" below into search or just click on the link for each :

331064264637 , Lot of 4 Coleco/Adam Educ-Software/Games , auction ends 11/18
141114608919 "ADAM 5 1/4 Disk Drive" , auction ends 11/19
231094997126 Lot (9) Vintage Colecovision ADAM games, auction ends 11/20
331065652091 ADAM Address Book Filer & Autodialer, auction ends 11/20
231095009631 Lot (200+) ADAM Floppy Disks Software/Games, auction ends 11/20
231095020440 Lot (26) ADAM Game Cartridges and Manuals, auction ends 11/20
231095029166 Lot (89) Colecovision ADAM Games/Pgm Tapes, auction ends 11/20

Thanks for looking.

Subject:  Coleco Adam Hardware / Educ-Software / Games for Sale

If you collect Coleco Adam Hardware/Software/Games ,then you might be interested in my newly listed eBay auctions. You can go to ebay and cut-n-paste each eBay Auction "item number" below into search or just click on the link for each :

331064264637 , Lot of 4 Coleco/Adam Educ-Software/Games ,     auction ends 11/18

141114608919 "ADAM 5 1/4 Disk Drive" ,                                        auction ends 11/19

231094997126 Lot (9) Vintage Colecovision ADAM games,            auction ends 11/20

331065652091 ADAM Address Book Filer & Autodialer,                  auction ends 11/20

231095009631 Lot (200+) ADAM Floppy Disks Software/Games,   auction ends 11/20

231095020440 Lot (26) ADAM Game Cartridges and Manuals,      auction ends 11/20

231095029166 Lot (89) Colecovision ADAM Games/Pgm Tapes,   auction ends 11/20

Thanks for looking.

I might be interested in one of those lots but I live in Canada. Will you ship outside of the us for atariage members?

There was a thread in "MarketPlace - Interesting Auctions" about this seller and a Mr. Do!'s Castle game in an Activision style cart shell a couple weeks ago. That one and these newly listed carts are complete reproductions, but I thought before that the seller might have acquired the cart shells and PCBs from PixelBoy and then made his own labels. I would assume now that the seller has or had acquired all the Activision style cart shells (notice that ACTIVISION isn't stamped on the front/bottom of the shell) and PCBs through other means such as TeleGames or that they were actually produced by TeleGames.

Either way, not worth the money especially since original Parker Brothers loose carts can still be found very easily... unless of course you have the need to acquire every possible variation.

• Like 1