IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I guess IMAGIC decided to save money by using clamshell box

Not only that, but the C64 version is in the exact same box, just with a red sticker over the spine, so if you peel it off, you will see "Cartridge for Colecovision/Adam".

Atari_Bill, you got a really good deal.

Arrived today and

Congrats. As far as shrinkwrap, I do not think that it was shrinkwrapped. Actually, I never saw it available for purchase in stores in my area and recall that a Texas outfit (not TeleGames, eColeco, etc.) sold them thru mail-order for a while and this is how I learned of and acquired the game back in 1985.

Congrats. As far as shrinkwrap, I do not think that it was shrinkwrapped. Actually, I never saw it available for purchase in stores in my area and recall that a Texas outfit (not TeleGames, eColeco, etc.) sold them thru mail-order for a while and this is how I learned of and acquired the game back in 1985.

I have purchased both a NIB C64 version and a NIB CV version (CV on 07 March 2010) and IIRC both came shrinkwrapped. Judging by the feel of the shrink - and the newness of the box, cart, and manual - I do not think they were more modern reshrinks.

I have purchased both a NIB C64 version and a NIB CV version (CV on 07 March 2010) and IIRC both came shrinkwrapped. Judging by the feel of the shrink - and the newness of the box, cart, and manual - I do not think they were more modern reshrinks.

Yeah, all of the Imagic clamshells came shrinkwrapped. I own almost all of them, several of which were purchased NIB.

• Like 1

You beat me to it Jim, I was gonna mention that. That seems like the "standard" price on those, I just wish OpCode would release the next batch to curb the prices on those and prevent people from cashing in like that.

Oh well..

At least the second time that SGM has been put up on eBay for $400.

NIAD, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:NIAD, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Oh, but a SGM did recently sell that included four SGM games (Zaxxon, Thexder, King's Valley and Dragon's Lair) as a BIN for $1000!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3213014246341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321301424634&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmm, the listing does not automatically come up, but a link is provided.

Its what happens when demand is threw the roof and nobody is giving out the supply with the few exceptions of people putting them up on Ebay. Plus the longer Eduardo is gone the more it will drive up the price. It's crazy though because when he comes back (hopefully) then the price will drop all the way back down to normal! Unless he doesn't come back where those SGM's that are out there may be one of the most sought after Coleco items ever made. My money is on that he will return.

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 3

He'd be a fool if he didn't return, there's a lot of people still rooting for him (myself included) and to go and blow his reputation like that would be a shame, not to mention the legal action that may ensue if SGMs aren't shipped or refunded soon. I'm sure he'll bounce back.. We'll see!

I put up another Colecovision with internal power supply and composite video out:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F171234826708

I'm pulling the sound signal from inside the RF modulator now, so it should support the 2600 expansion module, but I don't have one to test it with.

is that internal power supply save?