IGNORED

PANG on A8

José Pereira

I couldn't get the .xex to load from the SIDE loader on my U1MB XEGS (it just gives a yellow screen with random garbage players), but the .atr works. I had to rename pang.com to pang.ar0 to make it autoload, otherwise it just dumped me in the MyDOS menu.

Posting in case somebody else has the same problem.

Don't know if he's also here on AtariAge and who is but had discovered him on the Pang topic at AtariOnline. He's going already at level 5 and as he seems a good player and for all curious guys (me included :grin:) better having a constantly look at his youTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tdc6502/videos

Yeah, he's present here (as "tdc"), but not very active.

Ye

Yeah, he's present here (as "tdc"), but not very active.

Yes. I discovered occasionally yesterday. He answered some time/years ago on the Price of Persia topic.

P.s.- And before you start asking: "NO! there's nothing of PoP going on now". I don't even know how and why I got there but I think it was some Google Search for something that got me into there and into his post. It was yesterday, it was raining too much today over here so slept too much and don't remember anything :grin:!...

Edited by José Pereira

• 3 weeks later...

TDC wrote that there is a surprise for players in the omitted levels and he didn't want to spoil the pleasure of finding it by others.

Humm. and anyone got the surprise because I'm not and never was a good games player ;) :grin:...

He's going well and today at level 80:

I count 12 different backgrounds if I'm correct. Does it ends at level 99?

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I couldn't get the .xex to load from the SIDE loader on my U1MB XEGS (it just gives a yellow screen with random garbage players), but the .atr works. I had to rename pang.com to pang.ar0 to make it autoload, otherwise it just dumped me in the MyDOS menu.

Posting in case somebody else has the same problem.

It requires a 320XE, do you have a 320k upgraded machine with antic access? I didn't read the whole thread

Edited by _The Doctor__

It requires a 320XE, do you have a 320k upgraded machine with antic access?

Yes, I have an Ultimate 1MB upgraded XEGS. As I said, the .atr works, it just boots more slowly than the .xex would have :)

Does the game really require Antic access? I'm pretty sure my U1MB is in 1088kB RAMBO mode, but I can play the game just fine. Or did you mean that the .xex requires Antic access? I haven't tested that, I stopped fiddling around when I got the .atr working.

Excellent game, by the way. The only thing I miss from the Amiga version is the music.

Edit: wordsing am hard.

Edited by Eyvind Bernhardsen

Pang 4.5:

http://madteam.atari8.info/gry/pang.7z

- greater number of bonuses (heart, shield) at beginning on PANIC mode, then bonuses are fewer and fewer
- screen with congratulations after passing level 9 at PANIC mode
- Added DataMatrix, you can save the HIGH_SCORE on HiScore Cafe
- Ability to disable the music during the game (for NTSC players)
- Game checked for Rapidus, everything works in addition to the title picture
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

One memory issue I found is that the loader does not disable BASIC itself and crashes after the extended memory detection in case you didn't manually disabled it using OPTION yourself.

post-17404-0-17868600-1504694075_thumb.jpg

Here's a version with an additional first segment that fixes this.

PANG-disable-BASIC.zip

Plus a translated readme in English:

PANG.txt

• Like 7

• 4 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Pang on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:
  • Gacek (2021 | A8) by Janusz Chabowski @shanti77
  • Castle Defender (2021 | A8) by Martin Simeček @matosimi (Code & Design), Piotr Radecki (Title Screen), Michal Radecki (Music)
  • Barnstorming (2021 | A8) by glurk @glurk
  • Pang (2016 | A8) by Tomasz Biela @tebe /Madteam, Kamil Walaszek (Vidol) & Adam Pwroznik (Ooz / Agenda) & Maciej Hauke (Rocky / Madteam) (Graphics), Michal Radecki (String / Agenda) (Music)

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)