IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 released!

Shamus

• 1 month later...

Great work on the emulator! I finally got around to trying version 2.0.1. This is not a complaint, just an informational post. My system is an AMD PhenomII X4 955 (64-bit quad core @ 3.21GHz) with 8GB RAM, Win7-64, and an NVidia GeForce GTX275 vid card. It stutters with audio on.

I like the interface, especially the TV static when a cart is not inserted. Thanks for the continued work on the project.

• Like 3

Well, I am suitably impressed. I've always wanted to be able to play some of my favorite Jaguar games while travelling with my laptop. I just gave a few ROMs a try, and found that both Cybermorph and Atari Karts actually seem to run fine.

That's the good news. The bad news is that with my 1.9 GHz Dual-core, the games run at maybe 40-50% of full speed... :(

post-8320-0-57672800-1323746463_thumb.jpg

Hello,

r407 is indeed quicker (it is clearly noticeable in Checkered Flag and Cybermorph). Actually I wonder if it isn't a bit too fast. I'll check against a real Jaguar.

However I noticed a regression vs VJ 2.0.1 final release: the HUD is Alien versus Predator is completely messed up.

I grabbed the windows executable from http://reboot.atari.org/features/emu/emu.html

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 3

@DrTypo: Thanks for the heads up. Could you make a screenshot and post to show the problem? :)

If anyone else has found any regressions, please, speak up! :) Also, if you know which version first shows the regression, that would be really useful information as well. ;)

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 1

Question. On the two .exe's to download from the above mentioned site, how do I overwrite one with the other? Is it an auto install?

It's not an auto install. The .rar file at vj2_r346.rar contains the executable and a bunch of dll it needs. You just have to extract it to a folder of your choice.

The second rar file vj2.rar contains only the newest executable. You can overwrite the executable from vj_r346.rar with this one.

• Like 1

ok thanks!

Question. On the two .exe's to download from the above mentioned site, how do I overwrite one with the other? Is it an auto install?

It's not an auto install. The .rar file at vj2_r346.rar contains the executable and a bunch of dll it needs. You just have to extract it to a folder of your choice.

The second rar file vj2.rar contains only the newest executable. You can overwrite the executable from vj_r346.rar with this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your continual development and support of VJ.

Just tried out VirtualJaguar-r409. On my Win7 x64 system, the screen is flickering really badly.

r407 does not flicker but Rayman game play occasionally freezes for a few seconds and then resume.

Downfall doesn't seem to run at all.

Edited by atx4us

Hello,

I quickly tried r409 on my system (Win7 x64). Like atx4us, I noticed that the screen is flickering.

However Downfall is working.

I didn't noticed any obvious change apart from that.

By the way there is something I forgot to mention previously. On all version of VJ I tried (r2.0.0 final, r2.0.1 final, r407, r409) the sound playback frequency in Cybermorph seems to be about one octave too high compared to the game on an actual Jaguar.

Hello,

I quickly tried r409 on my system (Win7 x64). Like atx4us, I noticed that the screen is flickering.

However Downfall is working.

I didn't noticed any obvious change apart from that.

By the way there is something I forgot to mention previously. On all version of VJ I tried (r2.0.0 final, r2.0.1 final, r407, r409) the sound playback frequency in Cybermorph seems to be about one octave too high compared to the game on an actual Jaguar.

I tried to run Downfall again with VJ 2.0.1 (r396) and it just crashes. Tried the same Downfall.jag file with Jagulator 2.0.2 and it works. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with VJ?

I tried to run Downfall again with VJ 2.0.1 (r396) and it just crashes. Tried the same Downfall.jag file with Jagulator 2.0.2 and it works. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with VJ?

That's strange. Downfall works with every version of VJ I have (2.0.0 final, 2.0.1 final, r407, r409).

I use it with PAL settings but it also works in NTSC. It works even with DSP disabled.

It comes in a .j64 file. CRC32 is 544E7A01.

• Like 1

That's strange. Downfall works with every version of VJ I have (2.0.0 final, 2.0.1 final, r407, r409).

I use it with PAL settings but it also works in NTSC. It works even with DSP disabled.

I definitely don't have the file with the correct CRC32 above. Can you please post or point me to the correct file? Thanks!

I definitely don't have the file with the correct CRC32 above. Can you please post or point me to the correct file? Thanks!

DrTypo

Never mind - I found it in the "software" folder of the Virtual Jaguar 2.0.1 distribution and it is working! Thanks for helping me to look into this.

I'm still having trouble with running S/W on VJ. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.

I downloaded the "Project One" from Reboot's web site (link below) and the "PROJECT1.ROM" file would not run on VJ. Can someone please give me a hint how to get these files to work with VJ? Thanks.

http://reboot.atari....es/PROJECT1.ROM

Edited by atx4us

I'm still having trouble with running S/W on VJ. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.

VirtualJaguar requires all ROMs to be padded to the correct size (1mb, 2mb, 4mb) - the P1 rom is 'truncated' to the size of the binary. We'll have to update all the ROMs on the site with correctly padded images.

In the meantime, fwiw, try this:

PROJECT1.zip

• Like 1

VirtualJaguar requires all ROMs to be padded to the correct size (1mb, 2mb, 4mb) - the P1 rom is 'truncated' to the size of the binary. We'll have to update all the ROMs on the site with correctly padded images.

In the meantime, fwiw, try this:

Thank you for your explanation. That makes sense. Your file worked very nicely. The game is AWESOME!