IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 released!

Shamus

Hey, on a side note, is there any way for me to rip the images off my Jaguar CDs? There's a lot of games that I would probably play, but I don't want to wear out my Jaguar CD drive. I did that a while back with my NEC TurboGraFX-16, and now that thing is totally worthless and all I can play are the games that are on the HuCards or whatever those things are called.

It's against the forum rules to ask about the ROMs. However, they're not at all hard to find. Use Google.

Ah, ok, sorry.

So what would be the right way to go about getting ROMs if I already own the games? Do I just go through the same channels that everyone else does... except that I'll have a clear concious? heheh...

• 2 weeks later...

was playing with 2 recent versions of vj, namely 2.0.2 and svn 417

there is a sound problem with cybermorph (either very high pitched or tinny) on 2.0.2

and svn 417 doesn't run anything (probably a bug in the emu)

AvP still run's very slowly (with or without DSP) on 2.0.2

Also, some of the links here don't work anymore and the first link for the emu on dbug's site don't work

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a CPU monitor, check it while running Rayman. I'd be willing to bet the periodic freezes correspond to 100% CPU spikes. :)

Shamus,

I took a look at the resource utilization as you suggested. While Rayman is running, my CPU load is ~12-15% and the GPU load is ~0-1%. During the freeze, there is no increase in CPU or GPU utilization. OS: Win 7-x64 Home Prem.

BTW, is VJ 2.0.2 svn (r409?)

The latest is r413. Version 2.0.2 is in tags/2.0.2. Are you playing with sound on? If so, then there's a known problem where the sound lags and causes periodic freezes in NTSC mode. Playing in PAL mode doesn't display this problem (no sound lag/freezes).

BTW, if you know which rev didn't have this problem, that would be helpful. :)

The latest is r413. Version 2.0.2 is in tags/2.0.2. Are you playing with sound on? If so, then there's a known problem where the sound lags and causes periodic freezes in NTSC mode. Playing in PAL mode doesn't display this problem (no sound lag/freezes).

BTW, if you know which rev didn't have this problem, that would be helpful. :)

You're right. I'm using NTSC mode with sound on. I haven't tried r411 or r412. But, as far as I can tell, r410 seems to work correctly.

Well, it looks like r410 has the same problem as 2.0.2. And it seems like the problem is present all the way until r393--while the sound doesn't lag in that version, it also sounds wrong. Reason being that NTSC was running at 50Hz(!) in that and pretty much all previous revs. So there's a deeper problem here that needs looking at. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found it :)

Doesn't seem to work all that good on my PC though.

On Super Burnout, the bottom of all the words on the main screen are cut off and then the actual races dont load and for Cannon Fodder, the frame rate looks like about 2 frames per second.

Maybe it's my PC im not sure, but you cant beat the real hardware :D

However, if there was a Jag USB controller and all the games were near 100% compatible, this could be awesome.

Hi,

I tried downloading these files and no luck. I have Windows vista. I tried it a couple times and it keeps taking me to file cure. Then it asks me to fix the problem what problem? Any help on this?

as I'm mostly to blame for the windows port of vj, I've personally tested it on windows xp (32 bit) and 7 (32 and 64 bit). So it's a bit weird it doesn't work on vista (it's not like vista and 7 are a world apart). Is your graphics card opengl capable?

Could you upload a screenshot of the error?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Major problem with VJ (svn/rev 418)

My PC (3 core AMD phenon, 2.1 gig) keeps powering down/switching off after about 10-30 minutes of using the emulator...no other programs are running

Also, doom, evil unleashed doesnt run (crashes after the first loading screen), none of my cybermorph game images run (all i get is a black screen, and all the settings are marked/ticked off, that relate to DSP/sound etc)

On the plus side though, seems as though you have sorted out the sound problem in AVP, there is no lag now

Unofficial releases (such as the rev you're using now) are bound exhibit problems, YMMV, etc.

With that revision I've finally gotten the DSP/JERRY into its own thread. The gains are quite dramatic in terms of audio quality alone and I fully intend to keep pushing on in this direction; the ultimate goal being that all the Jaguar subsystems will run in their own independent threads.

That said, there are still some problems that need to be ironed out before doing a regular release (which will be 2.1.0). The system shutdown you're experiencing is a new one, and I have no idea why it's doing it. :P

• Like 1