IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

We picked up two 3DS at Target over the holidays when they went on sale for $129 each. They replaced my kids nearly dead but well loved DS lites. They got Lego Batman 2 and New Super Mario Bros 2. They also play a ton of their old DS games on them. I do miss the GBA compatibility but I still have a GBA SP and a Game Cube GBA player so we should be good with most everything except the two Guitar Hero games we have.

Yup. I'd like to get a Vita, but $250 PLUS more overpriced storage courtesy of Sony? I can wait until they're $150 or less, and you can use a picoSD adapter for storage.

I've seen at least two used Vitas that have gone for that price (both 3G units, even!). I get the feeling that players are smelling blood in the water and want out while they still have a chance.

I've been playing the Glory of Heracles (DS game) on my 3DS XL.

It's fairly standard Japanese RPG fare, although the battle system is a bit more strategic (and uses the touchscreen for powering-up magic attacks). I can wholeheartedly recommend it, apparently for it's current "gimme" price at Amazon ($6.77 at the moment).

I've been having trouble sticking with just one game, having acquired so many over the holidays, but the last time I played it, I played Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time.

I don't think it's the 3D that makes the 3DS successful, most players say they usually turn it off.

I have mine on most of the time, but some of the games like Adventure Time, Cave Story, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 aren't very impressive in 3D mode, IMO.

Street Fighter is one I wouldn't mind picking up if I found it for a good price. I'm not going to pay $25+ for yet another SFIV release, though.

I got it for $12 at Big Lots.

The Ghost Recon game is pretty good if you like turn based strategy games. I think the 3D is amazing and whilst its only a gimmick it gives the games a different feeling than on other platforms. Eg. Streetfighter on the XBOX just doesnt appeal to me, nor on the iphone, but on the 3DS I cant get enough of it.

Edit: stuck on Zelda at the point where you have to gather the chickens, cant find some of them =\

Edited by GadgetUK

I just started Fire Emblem: Awakening and am totally blown away by this game. Everything from the music to the graphics to gameplay is OUTSTANDING! The fact that there is already DLC available for the game is a plus (for me). Using Spotpass not only gives you additional items and characters but you can battle others online.

If you enjoy RPG's and turn based strategy, this new FE is a MUST play.

And you can check the game out by downloading the demo from the eShop.

The Ghost Recon game is pretty good if you like turn based strategy games.

I was expecting it to be much more like X-COM and/or Rebelstar (being designed by the same guy), but it's very different. I don't know if those differences make it a bad game, I'm just having trouble looking past them.

Also, it seems like it's way too easy so far, I had to put it on hard difficulty after breezing through the first level.

I got 100% in New Super Mario Bros. 2 so now I've gone back to Super Mario 3D Land which I haven't played since last Spring. I'm completing the special worlds while getting as many Star Coins as I can. I already have the Star Coins from the normal worlds. I've already completely beaten Bust-A-Move Universe so after Mario that will leave me with just Ocarina of Time and Sonic Generations to finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whelp I finally got one cause there's more than a few games I want (Fire Emblem and Devil Survivor Overclocked!).

I got a red 3DS XL from Target a few weeks ago on sale for $159. Figured this was the best time to get one.

I also picked up Luigi's new game and got a free download of Super Mario 3D land.

Next game will definitely be Fire Emblem....