IGNORED

HSC9 Round 13: Donkey Kong... with a twist!

[trbb climbs back on his seat]

I can hardly believe it but Donkey Kong won the vote!!!

So what shall we do differently, we've had level 1 bonus challenges, bonus games Kong, DK Jr etc etc...

For this round ALL OF PAULINE'S BONUS ITEMS MUST BE COLLECTED ON EVERY SCREEN... yes folks collect everything [Hat, Purse, Umbrella, Birthday Cake] so no cheating ;)

If you want to go for atariksi's HSC record of 195,500 (good luck there!) and not get the bonus items that's fine, but it will NOT count in the main table.

For the sick, and I mean really sick individuals who want more (so that's roadrunner & possibly McKong!) then the Bonus BASIC Game Gorilla Warfare should keep you busy... this will be 4pts for the winner 3pts for 2nd, 2pts for 3rd-5th, 1pt for playing. Read the blurb on the link below - mastering the movement holding fire when moving left/right and shortcuts to save time are key ;) [i'll handicap my score to the player underneath it to be fair] (High Score shown at the end of your go. Press Help or move l/r on title screen for more tips!

Downloads:

Fandal XEX

Atarimania ROM Instructions

AtariOnline.pl ATR & XEX

Gorilla Warfare Instructions & ATR :D *Lv1 step-by-step guide* *Lv2 tips*

This round closes WEDS 5th Sept 10pm BST (wow we really do have summer time in England now!) [looks like it's over already!][Yes over :twisted: ]

EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN IN (POST FOR HELP IF YOU NEED IT )

This DK version is overrated. OK, it has all 4 screens of the arcade, but that's not all. I don't know what was the programmer's intention. 5 levels of difficulty, and in my opinion the easiest has arcade standard or even more.

This is very frustrating. DK Jr. is even worse concerning difficulty.

Welcome :thumbsup: I guess they did what they could in the time.... I agree about the difficulty they didn't make the first level that easy :ponder: did you see the new A8 Arcade version (Kjman? did recently)? Which game would you consider to be the best A8 platformer?

This makes the pie factory board ( I know it's supposed to be a cement factory!) very difficult.

How many points for the HSC record? It's a very good score and anyone who beats it deserves big points!

Yes it's tougher - just managed it though; went up left and back down then up the right side to the top... HINT did you know you can jump the burning barrel in the middle ;) big points you say OK 2pts! 5pts for anyone reaching level 8 ;)

64,400post-19705-0-56045000-1345499381.jpg

@trbb, could you make a new version of Gorilla Warfare?

The thing i have to get below the tree is too difficult to get.

Could it be moved to one of the vines?

chortle! sounds like one shortcut too many rr. HINT: you need to climb the tree!!!

For Gorilla Warfare I'll allow starting on any of the three bases, but to unlock the 'secret base' you need to start on base 1 and collect get the big (red) fruit that appears on each screen [move l/r on title screen for more info] :)

I played some LA O/Track And Field, it plays good using a keyboard.

I would have no problem playing this in a future round.

I couldn't figure out Hammer. I kept getting a foul.

I can do Hammer on the 2600 version.

Good! not too much practice mind... I think you spin L/R a couple of times and then press and hold fire then release it perhaps to set the angle...

I'm thinking we'll run the A8 Olympics round next folks, so get thinking of those sports games that might be worth a go (not Summer Games this time) I'm sure Darts was meant to be in the Olympics ;)

74300, failed at the second pie factory

It's McKongcrete wellies for you :D

This DK version is overrated. OK, it has all 4 screens of the arcade, but that's not all. I don't know what was the programmer's intention. 5 levels of difficulty, and in my opinion the easiest has arcade standard or even more.

This is very frustrating. DK Jr. is even worse concerning difficulty.

Welcome :thumbsup: I guess they did what they could in the time.... I agree about the difficulty they didn't make the first level that easy :ponder: did you see the new A8 Arcade version (Kjman? did recently)? Which game would you consider to be the best A8 platformer?

This makes the pie factory board ( I know it's supposed to be a cement factory!) very difficult.

How many points for the HSC record? It's a very good score and anyone who beats it deserves big points!

Yes it's tougher - just managed it though; went up left and back down then up the right side to the top... HINT did you know you can jump the burning barrel in the middle ;) big points you say OK 2pts! 5pts for anyone reaching level 8 ;)

64,400post-19705-0-56045000-1345499381.jpg

@trbb, could you make a new version of Gorilla Warfare?

The thing i have to get below the tree is too difficult to get.

Could it be moved to one of the vines?

chortle! sounds like one shortcut too many rr. HINT: you need to climb the tree!!!

For Gorilla Warfare I'll allow starting on any of the three bases, but to unlock the 'secret base' you need to start on base 1 and collect get the big (red) fruit that appears on each screen [move l/r on title screen for more info] :)

How generous! Level 8 might as well be worth 100 points cos it won't matter no one will get there and Level 7 5

How generous! Level 8 might as well be worth 100 points cos it won't matter no one will get there and Level 7 5

I had a dream I got to level 7 from the start :D

76,000 for you to be going on with... ;)

post-19705-0-10272700-1345578998.jpg

162200 was sorely tempted on the level 5 pie factory to abandon the bonus item on the bottom level but went back for it even though I'd already collected the other two items and the route to the top was clear!

Woah that's a serious ramp up in the scoring :thumbsup: not sure I will get near that but I'll have a bash later ;) At least this way we have to play the cement factory screen a bit rather than just sneaking straight up... it's fun jumping that flaimng barrel :)

p.s. I'll add the Hi Score with all bonus items to the ratings and records. It's a small criticism of the game that the bonus items' scoring doesn't always match the time bonus lost to get them - they should have given a bonus score for getting them all :ponder:

162200 was sorely tempted on the level 5 pie factory to abandon the bonus item on the bottom level but went back for it even though I'd already collected the other two items and the route to the top was clear!

Woah that's a serious ramp up in the scoring :thumbsup: not sure I will get near that but I'll have a bash later ;) At least this way we have to play the cement factory screen a bit rather than just sneaking straight up... it's fun jumping that flaming barrel :)

p.s. I'll add the Hi Score with all bonus items to the ratings and records. It's a small criticism of the game that the bonus items' scoring doesn't always match the time bonus lost to get them - they should have given a bonus score for getting them all :ponder:

I think if I'd made it to the level 6 pie factory I would have abandoned collecting all the bonus items in favour of trying for the 195k!

I haven't actually tried jumping the flamming barrel yet, it doesn't look possible cos of the size of the gap and I guess it wouldn't be were it not for the acceleration from the conveyer belt