IGNORED

2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo! Who will be there?

I am happy to announce a new 2600 homebrew and show exclusive for PRGE 2012. The game was programmed by a good friend of mine, Chris Trimiew. I assisted in the project and am happy to see its completion. Road Warriors Survival Edition will be limited to 41 numbered copies and have some crazy packaging.

Details on PRGE website:

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

:lust: I know which booth I will be bee-lining for as soon as the show opens! :D

• Like 1

I am happy to announce a new 2600 homebrew and show exclusive for PRGE 2012. The game was programmed by a good friend of mine, Chris Trimiew. I assisted in the project and am happy to see its completion. Road Warriors Survival Edition will be limited to 41 numbered copies and have some crazy packaging.

Details on PRGE website:

Drool! Thanks John and Chris!

Rick

Details on PRGE website:

:lust: I know which booth I will be bee-lining for as soon as the show opens! :D

I must apologize in advance for tripping you as I run by/over you. :-D

Details on PRGE website:

Is that a real box, or one of those cheesy plastic deals? I need to know, so I can ask Jose to grab one for me, if it's a real box. Cheers.

Details on PRGE website:

Is that a real box, or one of those cheesy plastic deals? I need to know, so I can ask Jose to grab one for me, if it's a real box. Cheers.

It is a box, and not plastic box. The box does not look like an official Atari 2600 box. We wanted our project to look unique. It is not a VCR box but more like a universal project box that we picked up locally. The reason we went with this design was because we wanted to pack alot of extras in a box and have people not have to worry about damaging the box when opening it.

As I'm in Georgia I won't be able to attend...will any of the new homebrews be available on the website after the convention?

Yes, although I am going to update the store software before I add all the new games, so it'll be a few weeks after the show. Then the onslaught shall begin! :D

Let's see, for PRGE it looks like there will be four new 2600 games (plus more copies of Halo 2600), one new 5200 game and five new 7800 games. To be fair, the 7800 games are the ones Bob Decrescenzo has sold in small quantities here (RipOff, Meteor Shower, Moon Cresta, Crazy Brix and Scramble), but they will have high quality labels and manuals, and will be made available with boxes. All the new games at the show will have boxes, and I expect those to sell quickly! Once in the store, all the new games will be available with boxes.

..Al

Thanks for the update Albert. Will folks who have bought the 7800 games from Bob be able to buy boxes and manuals seperate from you? Just curious :). When will the 5200 games and 2600 games be announced? Looks like there will be many awesome Atari things at the show this year :)

Edited by swlovinist

Details on PRGE website:

I want one of these, anyone willing to grab one for me and ship it to Ohio? PM me if you can

The programmer of the game has the booth "Lost Classics" but I'm not 100% sure that is where the game will be sold. I would ask John Hancock.

The Road Warriors 2600 game will be available at the booth labeled Lost Classics, which will be right near a much bigger booth called Classics. I will be at both booths throughout the show. It was fun to work on the crazy packaging of this game :)

Yes, although I am going to update the store software before I add all the new games, so it'll be a few weeks after the show. Then the onslaught shall begin! :D

Let's see, for PRGE it looks like there will be four new 2600 games (plus more copies of Halo 2600), one new 5200 game and five new 7800 games. To be fair, the 7800 games are the ones Bob Decrescenzo has sold in small quantities here (RipOff, Meteor Shower, Moon Cresta, Crazy Brix and Scramble), but they will have high quality labels and manuals, and will be made available with boxes. All the new games at the show will have boxes, and I expect those to sell quickly! Once in the store, all the new games will be available with boxes.

..Al

Ok, I'm late to this post... I've been busy!!

Albert, first of all. Awesome that you can make it. Secondly, I'll want one of everything :-)

It will be nice to meet up with you again.

Aside from work, I've had a wild summer.. and I mean that in the truest sense of the word. 500 mile paddle trip on the Yukon river and I just returned from a an incredible motorcycle trek in central B.C. I find it hard to play games with the great weather we've had this year. I'm looking for PRGE to kick off the season for me.

Regards,

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

Would like to attend the Portland Retro Gaming Expo...don't see me makin' it to "PRGE". Anybody kno'...if there's..."Ever"...any..."Classic Retro Gaming Expos"..."Ever"...in N.Y. State?????????????????????????????? "Sure would appreciate anyone responding!!!" :) I'd like to go to at least..."one" RG Expo!!" ;-) :thumbsup: "Thanks!!"... :)

PM sent

Rick