IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

I offered them the chance for me to verify their copy but they said that they will just ride out the auction. I tried.

That's unfortunate, I can't see this doing anything but helping the auction.

..Al

I have to level with you guys, if I found some rare "My little pony" or other collectable I knew absolutely nothing about that was worth 30k, I wouldn't let a stranger in my house either to look at it. I would just be way too paranoid. We are talking a LOT of cash here. I might say, meet them in a public place but then I would be terribly paranoid of carrying the thing around. I guess I'm saying I get where they are coming from...

That being said, wouldn't some high res scans work?

• Like 7

The current top two bidders have both been members since 2008/2009 even though they have had no transactions. They didn't just sign up to bid on this auction. And we have verified them. A few of the others are members here. We are watching the bidding and bidders closely, I can assure you all :)

They are probably just paranoid about a stranger coming over. I believe it is real. I'm more concerned about if the bids are real.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 3

I signed up for Game Gavel just to bid on the Air Raid auction. Before this auction I have only heard of Game Gavel a handful of times and never even looked at the site before. I've been a member of eBay since 2000 and have 100% feedback and have been very content to stay on eBay for my buying/selling needs. My bids on this auction were for real but unfortunately the price quickly went past my range.

Just because noobs signed up for Game Gavel just to bid on this auction doesn't mean the bids were not real. Now that I have become a member of the site it seems pretty cool and I just might start doing more business there.

• Like 3

I am sorry I did not think we needed any more validation after it was given by Albert. If Albert wants to fly out to help everyone verify the legitimaticy we will pay for him to fly out. We have nothing to hide and if anyone feels this is not legit I am sorry and I hope they do not miss out on this awesome opportunity because we would not meet with Wonder007. I let him know we would love to meet him and hand deliver the game personally to him if he is the winner of the auction. Again we are sorry to have caused any questioning or doubt.

Edited by AIR-RAID
  • Like 5

I signed up for Game Gavel just to bid on the Air Raid auction. Before this auction I have only heard of Game Gavel a handful of times and never even looked at the site before. I've been a member of eBay since 2000 and have 100% feedback and have been very content to stay on eBay for my buying/selling needs. My bids on this auction were for real but unfortunately the price quickly went past my range.

Just because noobs signed up for Game Gavel just to bid on this auction doesn't mean the bids were not real. Now that I have become a member of the site it seems pretty cool and I just might start doing more business there.

Thanks Matt ! I am glad to hear that hope you get some great games from Game Gavel.

• Like 1

I have to level with you guys, if I found some rare "My little pony" or other collectable I knew absolutely nothing about that was worth 30k, I wouldn't let a stranger in my house either to look at it. I would just be way too paranoid. We are talking a LOT of cash here. I might say, meet them in a public place but then I would be terribly paranoid of carrying the thing around. I guess I'm saying I get where they are coming from...

That being said, wouldn't some high res scans work?

What about Lalaloopsies? LMFAO

If it were a rare "My Little Pony" my wife would be buying plane tickets to your place. Those damn things are everywhere in my house. :|

• Like 1

I have to level with you guys, if I found some rare "My little pony" or other collectable I knew absolutely nothing about that was worth 30k, I wouldn't let a stranger in my house either to look at it. I would just be way too paranoid...

I wouldn't even call it "paranoid." To me, it's common sense. I'd be given pause, too, if someone on the internet that I've never heard of wants to come to my house after learning I possess an item of value. And with Craigslist Killers/Robbers and people like that out there, you just never know these days.

Of course I'm not saying Wonder007 is that kind of person or would ever do anything like that. I just think the doubters need to keep the situation in perspective. :) Buying anything on the internet requires a certain degree of good faith. I think we've seen enough to substantiate that good faith. If it were fake, I think that would be evident by now.

• Like 7

I am sorry I did not think we needed any more validation after it was given by Albert. If Albert wants to fly out to help everyone verify the legitimaticy we will pay for him to fly out. We have nothing to hide and if anyone feels this is not legit I am sorry and I hope they do not miss out on this awesome opportunity because we would not meet with Wonder007. I let him know we would love to meet him and hand deliver the game personally to him if he is the winner of the auction. Again we are sorry to have caused any questioning or doubt.

Don't worry, they're all just joking around about it -- your cart has more than enough provenance, and as stated, the other items make it pretty apparent this is legitimate. :)

• Like 4

I am cool with not wanting to meet with me.......I just thought I would be a good person to go because I live 20 minutes away, I own a boxed copy of it, I am a very reputable and respected individual in this hobby and on this website and, lastly, because people have contacted me to verify the game. Let's just move on and see what happens with the auction.

• Like 5

I wouldn't even call it "paranoid." To me, it's common sense. I'd be given pause, too, if someone on the internet that I've never heard of wants to come to my house after learning I possess an item of value. And with Craigslist Killers/Robbers and people like that out there, you just never know these days.

Of course I'm not saying Wonder007 is that kind of person or would ever do anything like that. I just think the doubters need to keep the situation in perspective. :) Buying anything on the internet requires a certain degree of good faith. I think we've seen enough to substantiate that good faith. If it were fake, I think that would be evident by now.

If I were them I would be scared that a potential bidder would try to steal it by telling the community that it is fake to prevent competitors from bidding.

• Like 1

What about Lalaloopsies? LMFAO

If it were a rare "My Little Pony" my wife would be buying plane tickets to your place. Those damn things are everywhere in my house. :|

hmm, I got to ask this. Does your wife make her own custom ponies? Anyway about your wife's collecting I think it beats being married to a brony.

• Like 1

hmm, I got to ask this. Does your wife make her own custom ponies? Anyway about your wife's collecting I think it beats being married to a brony.

Nope. She buys them from her artist friends though! There are some REALLY talented artists on her website. Too bad they choose 'cheap Chinese plastic horse' as their medium, though, LOL!

She doesn't do any of the new stuff, just collects the old 80s MLP stuff. She cannot stand bronies or any of these new pony collectors.

Anyway, back on track! LOL

So, my speculation is still that there has to be more of these hiding out somewhere. Vacuum molding the cart insert isn't cheap, and molding that cart alone has got to be at least $50,000. There's no way a small company would do something like that and only produce ~25 for samples for distribution, unless they had some sort of special deal like "I know a guy" in the molding industry that provided it on the cheap. I think there's several more waiting to be found by us Atari adventurers!

Well, if Jose is bringing his own copy, I can't see why they would be too afraid.

Phil

Remember that this is happening pretty fast for them, awesome as the whole thing is. They haven't had time to even get a sense of the collecting cummunity as it is represented here, let alone a sense of how respected Jose is in the community. And I cant begin to imagine how many weird PMs and emails they may be getting from all kinds of fringe people telling them god knows what. Having said that, I would love to be having those "problems" right now. :-)

• Like 5

Whoa, from that Kotaku article:

Harv Bennet, the man who had the game sitting around in his attic, explained to Polygon that the game never was that good, but the Men-A-Vision representative who'd given it to him to try didn't want it back either, and so he held on to it.

Finding a CIB Air Raid AND wrote the Wrath of Kahn!!! :-o :-o :-o

;)

• Like 1

IS THIS THOERY PSYCHOLOGICALLY PROVEN? OR DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE STATS?

Yes, and it causes even more seizures than Japanese Pokemon cartoons.

It's great that word is getting out about this. It seems the bids have hit a lul, but all that press can only cause the price to spike higher! Expect last minute sniping!