IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

Not marked shipped yet.... Soon I hope

It shouldn't be too long, but desoldering 2 28pin chips is kind of time consuming. Depending on how finicky the board is, it can take 1/2 hour to desolder and install the new ROM's. I only have a couple hours each night to work on them and the last few days I've been occupied with finding my wife a new car.

I have 10 boards finished right now and cart shells are cleaned up and ready for assembly. I should get them shipped out in the next couple days which will get me 1/3 through the list.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214684-7800xms-just-checking-in/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2837572

"Someone asked about ordering - sorry, no further orders until the XM's ship to all of the people who pre-ordered and supported this project early on, their orders were like an Atari Age version of kickstarter, it funded the cost of the steeling tooling for the plastics and the production of the plastic cases, tooling and production of the aluminum name plates, cost of the boxes and manuals so they get taken care of first and foremost before any new orders will be taken, so hang in there, still have a lot to do and the programmers came back with some good feedback on some things, so those ideas and changes will be implemented, now it looks like some compatibility testing with the several versions of the 7800's will have to also be done."

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214684-7800xms-just-checking-in/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2837572

"Someone asked about ordering - sorry, no further orders until the XM's ship to all of the people who pre-ordered and supported this project early on, their orders were like an Atari Age version of kickstarter, it funded the cost of the steeling tooling for the plastics and the production of the plastic cases, tooling and production of the aluminum name plates, cost of the boxes and manuals so they get taken care of first and foremost before any new orders will be taken, so hang in there, still have a lot to do and the programmers came back with some good feedback on some things, so those ideas and changes will be implemented, now it looks like some compatibility testing with the several versions of the 7800's will have to also be done."

Thanks again, sorry for not only asking twice, but also for missing that topic... twice. :|

The holdup is I've been super busy at work. I'm still working on desoldering boards, which is crazy time consuming. Sorry for the delay. I appreciate everyones patience. I'm sure I will be able to have all the carts built and under your tree by Christmas. :)

• Like 1

The holdup is I've been super busy at work. I'm still working on desoldering boards, which is crazy time consuming. Sorry for the delay. I appreciate everyones patience. I'm sure I will be able to have all the carts built and under your tree by Christmas. :)

Take yer time, Im just an impatient bastard? I keep dropping in on this thread, but not seeing much progress with the 1st post being updated. I was just curious......as others may be (i hoped) !

Hope to have er by christmas!

Thanks for an update,

chris