IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

Will this eventually be available from the AtariAge store?

As a word of caution, I think if it were available in the AA store, it would get 'attention' and then be pulled. Honestly, I want this game shipped soon before a certain company tries to yank it from us. And, this is not me asking tep to rush, I'm just wary after what happened with Princess Rescue Edited by Nuclear Pacman
  • Like 2

Will this eventually be available from the AtariAge store?

I highly doubt it. I am pretty sure Nintendo is keeping an eye what Atariage sells at their store after Princess Rescue.

I am also saying this because early this year, the new version of Donkey Kong for the 2600 already got some recognition though kotaku. Perry's version of Donkey Kong didn't get any coverage at all, but it is at risk thanks the new 2600 version.

Since the new 2600 Donkey Kong already has kotaku giving the game coverage before its done, it means it already is starting to have same problem as Princess Rescue had that caused Nintendo to have Atariage not to sell Princess Rescue anymore.

When a homebrew game gets coverage before it is completed, it is a bad thing if it is a port or a clone of a well known game because that means more media coverage will happen once the game is completed and sold. That means a game company will step in.

Here is a link to the 2600 coverage of the new 2600 Donkey Kong: http://kotaku.com/after-30-years-donkey-kong-gets-a-proper-port-to-the-a-851576160

Edited by 8th lutz

I'm feeling bad for the people that pre-ordered so long ago, so to help make up for it I decided to design and print up some manuals to include with the game. Plus I thought it really deserved to have a manual. For verbage I've barrowed heavily from the old 8-bit manual. The graphics are all from the new game.

• Like 6

Your reply to the above is way too kind.

Yeah, that "would have been real hilarious"; almost as hilarious as Sega to go after someone using Dreamcast in their screen name.

Could be a coincidance, same name and both from the UK, but it looks a tad bit like sour grapes: http://atariage.com/forums/user/18061-dreamcastrip/

"Banned"...'nuff said.

Looking forward to having the complete package in hand, Perry! Thank you again for your tireless efforts. It is really and truly appreciated.