IGNORED

Space Rocks Label Contest

Albert

Did you submit this one? It doesn't show on the contest page.

I didn't submit it at first. It was meant to be a manual cover - a companion-piece to my other entries.

But based on your interest I modified it a bit to make it work at label-size, and sent a version off to Al. Thanks!

• Like 1

Ink, then watercolor, which had I been smarter I would have gone pencil first, so I could have covered my mistakes easier.

Very nicely done! I really need to dust off my brushes and paint again someday.

I'm also digging Dave Dries' Asteroids homage, and the way Jason Rein incorporated game graphics into his logo type. Good stuff.

I am totally blown away on how much talent hides withing the Atari Age community. Everyone has done outstanding work. With there being a week left I wonder how many wonderful labels will surface. I just want to tell everyone how great of a job you all have done. Impressive work indeed. Spiceware is very lucky to have such a talented and great community to bring forth artwork that no matter one he picks, will end up being great artwork for his project.

• Like 2

Very cool Ivan Machado !

Thanks. I said I'll try something different, I mean a clean drawing ressamble 70's or 80's comic books, nothing so realistic as I did on Lead contest.

Probably I'll update my entry before the end of the contest.

Edit : A good magician doesn't reveal his secrets but since I'm not magician and this is not my secret, here's the turorial for how to make a starfield in photoshop with good looking :

http://www.photoshop...-star-field/630

I'm not really used this, because it will looks too good for a comic feel, but I want to share as it's great.

Edited by LS_Dracon

In preparation for next week's decision, I have printed out the labels at actual size. The last 3 are missing though as I need 1 more to fill up that page.

post-3056-0-98871800-1352318227_thumb.jpg

Note: the camera's flash caused some of the labels to appear to be washed out - in person they're not, so don't worry :)

Edited by SpiceWare
  • Like 5

It is awesome to see all of the hard work everyone has put into this printed out and ready for evaluation. This is a great project. Spiceware has really gone above and beyond, putting there hard work into making a game that really pushes one of the best game consoles ever made. I am honored to have my submissions evaluated by such a great project. Great work everyone, all around, from the game to the labels. So much passion in the community and it is awesome to be a part of it all.

• Like 2

Albert - I was looking at some of the other contest pages, and noticed that on Medieval Mayhem, a bunch of entries are missing. Wha' happened? :?

(For reference: http://web.archive.org/web/20061209075237/http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/MedievalMayhem/ )

Edited by Nathan Strum

Albert - I was looking at some of the other contest pages, and noticed that on Medieval Mayhem, a bunch of entries are missing. Wha' happened? :?

Not sure, I'll need to look. Probably happened during the last server move. I know you this was pointed out in the past, and for whatever reason I didn't fix it then.

Thanks,

..Al

I entered this contest to win prizes for my **love*** who is a big Atari geek, you know who you are :). You should see his Atari Room. He's got everything (except the Space Rocks game).

This contest was a lot of fun, haven't done artwork like this in a long time, and am proud of myself.

-Kathleen W.

P.S. He better finish his design soon, cause it will increase out chances

These are all unbelievable. Outstanding work by all! I think there has to be more than one winner with labels being either the buyer's choice or a random assignment. Variety is a good thing!

• Like 1