IGNORED

Have the prototypes been preserved somewhere?

Doran

This thread is somewhat depressing. From what I've gathered, all prototype games and Xonox games are basically self destructing. Some believe that these carts are in the end stages of their lifespan now. So those games equate in my mind to be valueless. Zilch. Worthless. Right?

And what's the big deal about the difference between "real" prototypes and Best Electronics prototypes? Aren't both worthless?

This thread is somewhat depressing. From what  I've gathered, all prototype games and Xonox games are basically self destructing. Some believe that these carts are in the end stages of their lifespan now. So those games equate in my mind to be valueless. Zilch. Worthless. Right?

:idea: You can always reburn an EPROM. :)

No, there isn't, it's not only a matter of dumped but also released. I have a couple of protos that can not be released for legal reasons. :(

Also, there is a few out there like Alligator People that haven't been dumped yet. :ponder:

I am sure Tempest could come up with a decent list if you ask him nicely. ;)

This thread is somewhat depressing. From what  I've gathered, all prototype games and Xonox games are basically self destructing. Some believe that these carts are in the end stages of their lifespan now. So those games equate in my mind to be valueless. Zilch. Worthless. Right?

:idea: You can always reburn an EPROM. :)

I can't reburn an eprom. Besides that, reburning an eprom would turn a "real" prototype into a fake (or so the bizzaro logic of prototypes goes). I'm screwed either way. But thanks for the thought.

I can't reburn an eprom. Besides that, reburning an eprom would turn a "real" prototype into a fake (or so the bizzaro logic of prototypes goes). I'm screwed either way. But thanks for the thought.

:?: :? :???: :dunce:

Tempest

Hey, I won't necessarily disagree with you. But I thought a "real" prototype had to be burned at Atari. Am I wrong in that?

I am sure Tempest could come up with a decent list if you ask him nicely.

Got it.

Ahem...

:D

Tempest... could you, time permitting, kindly put together a list of known-to-exist-but-not-yet-dumped-and-archived and/or known-to-exist-but-still-unreleased prototypes?

Please? Many thanks in advance.

:D

(Did that work?)

Anyway, I'm just curious as to what's still out there. It'd also be interesting to know why the games have remained undumped or unreleased. As long as it didn't erupt into a flame war or something.

Hmm... flame war. Sounds like an idea for a homebrew game. ;)

The number of games known to exist but not in circulation are growing small. That's why I closed down my VGAM egroups.

Here is the remaining list (from memory).

Snow Plow

Pink Panther

Good Luck Charlier Brown

Pleiades (will be dumped by AA)

Cat Trax (will be dumped by AA)

2 Activision protos (dumped)

I think the 2600 well is beginning to run dry, but there are still some very exciting protos for other classic platforms still to be circulated.

Like we still haven't gotten Mail Plane or Batter Up for the Vectrex, for instance.

Tempest... could you, time permitting, kindly put together a list of known-to-exist-but-not-yet-dumped-and-archived and/or known-to-exist-but-still-unreleased prototypes?  

Please? Many thanks in advance.

Well there's a problem with that. I know of many unreleased prototypes, but alot of them are to remain confidential (for now). I'll try and give a list of the ones I know of that can be named.

3-D Rubik's Cube

AD&D Tower of Mystery

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Anteater

"Bloody Human" Freeway

Funky Fish

Good Luck Charlie Brown

Hoover Dam (The Leavy Game)

In Search of the Golden Skull

Keystone Kapers II

Locomotion

Mission Omega (Possibly)

Ninja Fighter

Pink Panther

Pleadies

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Rush Hour

Sharp Shot (Possibly)

Street Sports Basketball

Twister

Underworld

Unknown Activision Prototype #1 (two versions)

Unknown Activision Prototype #2

Unknown Activision Prototype #3 (Submarine Game)

Venetian Blinds Demo

Tempest

Well there's a problem with that.  I know of many unreleased prototypes, but alot of them are to remain confidential (for now).

I hate it when people say that. If it's so confidential, what is the need for anyone to know about it? :?

Cheers,

Marco