IGNORED

The Intellivision prize thread. Post 1000 wins fabulous gifts!

Rev

In the meanwhile all my cartridges are packed in individual plastic bags so there will be no scratches of handling.

Every CIB is packed in big plastic bags with its own silica bag.

And all of this in two big plastic containers. I've though seriously to make exercise simply carrying plastic containers from one side to other :), easily each one is 20 kg.

A single Colecovision cartridge weights 55 grams.

If I was to buy just one game for the intellivision which one should it be and why?? Which game best encapsulates the inty experience??

dIIk (pronounced d2k) or christmas carol vs the ghost of christmas presents or space patrol. all are homebrews, but if you are only buying 1 game these games give you the best inty experience possible. and "why" you ask? because these games are f'in badass.

If I was to buy just one game for the intellivision which one should it be and why?? Which game best encapsulates the inty experience??

I would recommend you to get Christmas Carol, a recent homebrew and Intellivision exclusive. The Intellivision controller shines in this game: fast paced, tight controls. Modern classic.

1 is too few, so here are some to consider:

Astrosmash

Baseball (pick one)

Burgertime

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (pick one)

Night Stalker

Worm Whomper (my favorite, but all of the Activision games are good)

D2K, Carol vs. Ghost, Space Patrol (great homebrews)

Sorry I didn't really say why for each :-) Guess you'll just have to find out. Astrosmash, Baseball, Burgertime, Night Stalker, and AD&D are all cheap so they would be a minimal investment good start.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Thanks for the answers. Christmas carol seems to be a popular choice. So may have to look into that. The reason I asked the question is because I've played a few games on the inty & so far none have grabbed me like games on the 2600 did. Maybe it's rose tinted specs I'm wearing, but if I put Frostbite on my 2600 I'm lost for a good hour or so. Simple addictive fun. I would like to find an inty equivalent! So far rocketeer is my favourite! Then sitting playing it next to the developer helps too! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers. Christmas carol seems to be a popular choice. So may have to look into that. The reason I asked the question is because I've played a few games on the inty & so far none have grabbed me like games on the 2600 did. Maybe it's rose tinted specs I'm wearing, but if I put Frostbite on my 2600 I'm lost for a good hour or so. Simple addictive fun. I would like to find an inty equivalent! So far rocketeer is my favourite! Then sitting playing it next to the developer helps too! :)

All recommendations so far are good. If you're looking for "simple addictive fun," you'll like Christmas Carol, Worm Whomper, and BurgerTime.

Worm Whomper is a bit pricey to get, but it is good.

You can play Christmas Carol for free, the ROM is available for download. For the full experience, you may want to purchase the collectible edition, which comes in a beautiful gatefold box, with color glossy manual, overlays, cartridge with custom stickers.

The ROM is available on the official web page.

dZ.

If you know the VCS, you should try the Intellivision version of Atlantis. No game shows better the different concept of these both consoles. Not only the enhanced graphics but also the more complex gameplay.