IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

But I don't want the Multicart, I want the LTO Flash Cart that is much more advanced,

Its "advanced" in your opinion. However, both carts do things the other cannot support. Hive does not support DRM for example.

why can't they sell Chopper Command in ROM format

Why sell it when you can give it away for free?

But I don't want the Multicart, I want the LTO Flash Cart that is much more advanced, why can't they sell Chopper Command in ROM format for a reduced price after making back the costs to produce the carts and get a little extra profit to boot? They would definitely make a larger profit on selling ROMS since a file does not coast anything. I just want to play the game not collect a box or game manual or poster or overlays, well maybe overlays so I know what each button does but after awhile I'm sure I would remember what each button does after all what could there be but a fire button and maybe a smart bomb button which would be the side buttons and possible one of the keypad buttons could toggle auto fire

Your use of the word "definately" renders the rest of your sentence irrelevant. By what are you basing this on? Do you have a ROM for sale (on any system) that you are using as evidence that they would make a larger profit? Currently only one entity sells Intellivision ROMS and I doubt it is making him a profit considering the time to review the Paypal payment, recompile the ROM to embed the purchaser's name, email to the purchaser, deal with the purchaser that doesn't know how to run an emulator etc. Even then, there is nothing stopping you from giving your ROM to 5 of your friends. There are enough differences between to Hive and the LTO that people will end up with both depending on new games that take advantage of their unique features but your assertion that the LTO is more advanced is also flawed. Copter Command require none of the unique features of either.

And besides, Revolutionika will be giving the rom for Copter Command away for free once his production run is done.

• Like 3

Daldude. May I ask a serious question. Why do you want to play a game you say is inferior? Why not play Chopper Command for the 2600 instead.

As I've stated in the Copter thread already. After boxed sales are done, I will post Copter rom to public free of charge.

• Like 3

Its time to reveal a a bit more about one of the mystery games :-

• 7 full and DRM free homebrew games :-
    • Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • CollectorVision's "Sydney Hunter & The Shrines of Peril"
    • IntellivisionRevolution's "Copter Comand"
    • M.D. (a mystery arcade conversion)
    • +2 games (not programmed by me - more details soon)
  • Music demos by Der Luchs and Mystery Musician
  • A graphics demo by nonner242
  • Demos of other games and some utilities :-
    • Pop-Tart
  • Like 1

<p>

Its time to reveal a a bit more about one of the mystery games :-

• Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • +2 games (not programmed by me - more details soon)
    • Pop-Tart

Wow! Quite juicy! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Another mystery game reveals a clue about itself :-

• Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • mystery contributor's "C.C.V.T.S.G.O.T."
    • +1 game (not programmed by me - more details soon)
    • Pop-Tart
  • Like 1

Another mystery game reveals a clue about itself :-

• Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • mystery contributor's "C.C.V.T.S.G.O.T."
    • +1 game (not programmed by me - more details soon)
    • Pop-Tart

But what if I want to pay for Pop-Tart? Why can't you just sell the ROM? :grin:

Your use of the word "definately" renders the rest of your sentence irrelevant. By what are you basing this on? Do you have a ROM for sale (on any system) that you are using as evidence that they would make a larger profit? Currently only one entity sells Intellivision ROMS and I doubt it is making him a profit considering the time to review the Paypal payment, recompile the ROM to embed the purchaser's name, email to the purchaser, deal with the purchaser that doesn't know how to run an emulator etc. Even then, there is nothing stopping you from giving your ROM to 5 of your friends. There are enough differences between to Hive and the LTO that people will end up with both depending on new games that take advantage of their unique features but your assertion that the LTO is more advanced is also flawed. Copter Command require none of the unique features of either.

And besides, Revolutionika will be giving the rom for Copter Command away for free once his production run is done.

What features does the Multicart have that the LTO Flash does not? Other then extra games? If Multocart does not support DRM then it's not as advanced or versatile prefer features over extra games, the LTO Flash will have custom fonts so you can display the name of an entire game if it is too long to fit on one line using the Intellivision built in character set. Also the LTO Flash has built in ROM Memory so you don't have to jeep removing a Memory card to add more games or programs. Not everyone can afford to buy more then one multi cart type of device for their Intellivision, I could really not afford the Cuttle Cart 3 but I broke my budget because I did not want to loose the chance to get such a rare and unique item. I might sell my Cuttle Cart 3 to help pay for the LTO Flash.

Daldude. May I ask a serious question. Why do you want to play a game you say is inferior? Why not play Chopper Command for the 2600 instead.

As I've stated in the Copter thread already. After boxed sales are done, I will post Copter rom to public free of charge.

I Never said Chopper Command was inferior, just that the Atari VCS version graphics looked better that does not mean I think the Intellivision version is inferior. I can't play the Atari Version because I no longer have it. When I did play it it was my friends copy and I don't live near him anymore. I do have the System Changer for my Colecovision and I could get the one my cousin had for his Intellivision 2 but that is in another state.

If Multocart does not support DRM then it's not as advanced or versatile

Really? A lack of Digital Rights Management (DRM) makes my cart less advanced? Hmmmmmm.... Good job I'm giving my games away for free then. If free games means Hive is less advanced, then so be it :lol:.

the LTO Flash will have custom fonts so you can display the name of an entire game if it is too long to fit on one line

Did you watch the video I posted last time you stated that? At 10 seconds in you can see me scrolling left/right through a long file name.

Also the LTO Flash has built in ROM Memory so you don't have to jeep removing a Memory card to add more games or programs.

Given how infrequently homebrew games are released for the Intellivision, I don't think updating a microSD card is all that much of a burden.

• Like 3

What features does the Multicart have that the LTO Flash does not? Other then extra games? If Multocart does not support DRM then it's not as advanced or versatile prefer features over extra games, the LTO Flash will have custom fonts so you can display the name of an entire game if it is too long to fit on one line using the Intellivision built in character set. Also the LTO Flash has built in ROM Memory so you don't have to jeep removing a Memory card to add more games or programs. Not everyone can afford to buy more then one multi cart type of device for their Intellivision, I could really not afford the Cuttle Cart 3 but I broke my budget because I did not want to loose the chance to get such a rare and unique item. I might sell my Cuttle Cart 3 to help pay for the LTO Flash.

Considering how long both cards have been discussed in their respective forums, I would have thought you might having taken a better stock of what the differences actually are, especially since there are way more than the two you listed and the smaller scrolling name is a cosmetic thing, I couldn't care less about the smaller font. Once both cards are in the hands of programmers and they start using the math acceleration or save slots or DMR , then you will see which card you want. As of right now there are no legally available roms that require one or the other. But if a programmer uses a feature specific to one, you may be out of luck.

I will be happily supporting both carts, but your reasons for supporting one or the other are coming off as I'll-informed.

I personally will be buying which ever one comes out first, then I'll buy the the other one, too.

As for cost, we've all had at least a year's warning to save up, just like we've all been warned that 2015 and 2016 will see a lot more homebrew releases.

• Like 1

Please do! The more the merrier. Don't forget you need to add DRM+ to be even more advanced than everybody else ;).

I probably forgot to mention this, but I'm releasing a read-only multicart next month. It's basically the ultimate in DRM, plus you never have to mess around with SD cards, or cables to the multicart, or anything.

• Like 3

Please do! The more the merrier. Don't forget you need to add DRM+ to be even more advanced than everybody else ;).

Is DRM+ the one where you have to buy credits from a website and enter a code into the console? Or is like all those Fremium games on IOS where you have to wait after each game or use in app purchase to play more?

• Like 2

I probably forgot to mention this, but I'm releasing a read-only multicart next month. It's basically the ultimate in DRM, plus you never have to mess around with SD cards, or cables to the multicart, or anything.

I'm in the middle of developing a write-only multicart. It's probably a couple of months away, because testing is fairly difficult.

• Like 4