IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

3 minutes ago, InfiniteTape said:

Already over $400 with 3 days to go.

Not sure why, but I had a feeling it would get really high.  Too bad I am not selling on eBay any more as I have some PEB cards I no longer use that would probably fetch some stupid money right now.

2 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Foundation 128K, modded to 512K for Geneve

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373911271465

Image 71 -  TI-99/4A TI99 FOUNDATION 128k Card CONVERTED to Myarc 512k Peripheral Expansion

It looks like this card was converted to operate as a Myarc 512K, however, this card will not work as-is in a Geneve system.  The Myarc 512K card required quite an extensive number of changes to work with a Geneve.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

It looks like this card was converted to operate as a Myarc 512K, however, this card will not work as-is in a Geneve system.  The Myarc 512K card required quite an extensive number of changes to work with a Geneve.  :)

aaaah yes, I only read Myarc and thought about the Memex :pirate:

I´ve changed it

22 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

is there any documentation on the 512k modification for it to be used on a Geneve?  I have a couple of Foundation 128k cards and I would not mind trying to convert one of them.

10 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

is there any documentation on the 512k modification for it to be used on a Geneve?  I have a couple of Foundation 128k cards and I would not mind trying to convert one of them.

Myarc 512?  Yes, documentation exists.  Foundation card conversion?  I am not aware of any conversion process that applies specifically to that card.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Myarc 512?  Yes, documentation exists.  Foundation card conversion?  I am not aware of any conversion process that applies specifically to that card.

I am doing a search on thekeep.net:9918 right now to see if there was something. If there was, it would have been captured in the original GEnie file listing.  Seems like there may have been a mod or eprom pdate to allow it to run Myarc XB2, but I do not recall anything beyond that.

image.png.6a3ce3d2558bce206d3383211721fb11.png

There was only one other file description that had "foundation" in it, and that was to run "FUN".  Not sure what that was.  I don't think the above file is what anyone is searching, but if someone wanted to download it and verify the contents, go for it as I don't have Xmodem capability on the system I am on at the moment.  The file may be archived.

Beery

15 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I saw that.  It does not show any bid retractions, so it looks like whatever I thought was going to drive the price through the roof has been patrolled.

I wonder how that was effected without a bid retraction.  Curious.

Edit: Talked to the seller.  The high bid was cancelled because it was supposedly a mis-bid - not sure if it was buyer's remorse or not.

43 minutes ago, aftyde said:

L@@K RARE!!!

Check this madness out...  ;)  https://www.ebay.com/itm/362913282202

Yours for a starting bid of $199.99 ONLY!  (not even a Make an Offer option)  

Image 2 - VERY RARE TI-SETTE ADAPTER 99ER-WARE FOR TI 99/4A

Yup... another thang that someone can keep, along with some of their $29.99 shipping fees for shipping a cartridge.. bwhhaha 

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mizapf said:

Is that the polarity changer? The little adapter plug? Here, newly interpreted in a film canister, in a gold coating?

I remember seeing ads back in the day where they were indeed in a film canister. ;)  So, this COULD be an original one.

• Like 1