IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

24 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

What's so special about it?

ICS 32K cards for the PEB are not exactly common. They function identically to any other 32K card for the PEB though, and so would really only be interesting to folks who want to add one to a hardware collection (I have one in my reference set that I use for testing) or to folks who just need a 32K card. Of course, with the general prices for 32K cards, it is a really short step to the much more capable 1M SAMS cards if someone needs a daily driver card, so the collector use case is probably the most likely one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 3:54 PM, arcadeshopper said:

Who won?

That would be me. Getting ready to test it out as it just arrived, thanks to FedEx not waiting for me to get to the door for a signature twice.

• Like 1

Dear all.

I would like to point out this beautiful auction. (who knows what great programs are in those boxes!🤩) The part about the books is also interesting. Also worth mentioning is a cartridge (without shell) which will surely contain something interesting!

P.s. the auction, of course, is not mine.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/226188760751?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=HsIyogxIQq2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hopefully the buyer will realise it has a 5V TMS2516 EPROM plugged into a socket which also has -5V and +12V for a TMS2708 or 2716 EPROM. It won't be happy!

I wonder why someone did that. Maybe the previous owner cut the traces for the power on the backside.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

I wonder why someone did that. Maybe the previous owner cut the traces for the power on the backside.

The traces on the back are all intact. I suspect the seller went through the spares box and thought "this one (the 2516) looks the same as that one (the 2708) already fitted; I'll just plug it in." The 9900 is also a modern replacement from China. But sort out the EPROMs and it will likely all work. ;-)

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

We need to make a Seagull game on the ti99

I have been toying with that concept for a long time.  I have all kinds of assets and game plans drawn up.  Originally, I wanted it to be a Genesis game, then Amiga, but I just never got around to getting it done.  Oh, but to dream, I suppose.

• Like 2

I've got a couple things NOT on eBay 

Ram disk for PEB $250

Raspberry pi 4 2gb $50 includes fan, heatsink 

LCD display for raspberry pi $20

And over at the Dallas computer show I'm selling a TI professional computer plus monitor plus keyboard plus printer and working condition but a couple screws need to be put in to hold the floppy drive and the case back on, I lost the screws. And that computer is booting from it's hard drive. Monitor is good and clear and quick to warm up. 

That system can be yours for $750 but I'm not shipping. I had another system shipped to me in the monitor broke so I'm not taking a chance on that again. 

I'm still trying to troubleshoot that monitor.

I've got another TI professional I've got that operates, but the power supply has to be recapped.

And I don't need the RAM disc because I've got the new 2mb newer version installed in my TI along with a tipi with its own raspberry pi 3. 

I've also got four or five super carts in different flavors I have the 32K switchable and the 8K standard. Those are going for $75 

Over at the TI computer show I'm also selling a TI-994A in the original box that looks pretty darn nice and the computer looks pretty done clean 40 bucks,

somewhere I've got an F-18A brand new in the package that I'm trying to locate and I'm letting it go for a hundred bucks which is what I paid. 

Thx

IMG_20240614_090137565_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240614_090145405_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240614_090403107.jpg

IMG_20240614_090406575.jpg

IMG_20240614_090414383.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

And over at the Dallas computer show I'm selling a TI professional computer plus monitor plus keyboard plus printer

How many Dallas computer shows are there today?

I'm  giving away an MCS-10 at TandyFest.  Free table. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

How many Dallas computer shows are there today?

I'm  giving away an MCS-10 at TandyFest.  Free table. 

I'm not even sure the name of this one. A friend of mine invited me to send my stuff with him since I can't make the show.

4 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I'm not even sure the name of this one. A friend of mine invited me to send my stuff with him since I can't make the show.

It's VCFSW...I just got the name of the show.. sorry for being late on it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Aw, thought you might be here...

It's just the one Vintage Computer Fest as far as I know. TandyFest combined forces, it's growing. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I will be sure to check out the Texas Instruments-99/4A show! Nice. (I'm not doing a table.) 

I think the f18a product is inside the box of that TI-994a... I told my buddy to check it out... If not someone's going to get a computer for 40 bucks with a free f18a...lol

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I think the f18a product is inside the box of that TI-994a... I told my buddy to check it out... If not someone's going to get a computer for 40 bucks with a free f18a...lol

LOL, a most amazing find.  

"Whaddya mean, your first 4A didn't come with the VGA adapter?" or "Review: really liking this #99/4A especially with the included VGA adapter!" 

• Haha 3