IGNORED

Best Vectrex homebrew games?

Serious

I am looking for some advice on my next Vectrex game purchase.

I already own the Sean Kelly 2.0 multi-cart, Protector/YASI, and I'm planning to buy Vector Pilot.

Besides Vector Pilot and Protector/YASI, what are the best homebrew games?

And are there titles from CGC that should be considered a must-have that aren't on the Sean Kelly Multi-cart?

Thanks in advance

Is Birds of Prey on your Multicart?

I believe it is, but I haven't tried it, yet. Will have to give it a go!

Of the homebrews I've been able to acquire, Vector Pilot and Patriots are by far the best.

Patriots does look good.. I think its on the multicart, but will have to confirm..

Have you tried Space Frenzy? I really like that release.

That is the one CGC game that did jump out at me.

Vector Pilot and Vectrexians are good so I'm keeping an eye on that guys page. If Kristof makes it then it must be good.

Hmm.. How good would you say Vectrexians is compared to Vector Pilot?

I really like Thrust and Omega Chase...

I tried Thrust on my iOS Vectrex collection, and it was hard to control, but I attribute that to the touch interface.. (Why can't they make a proper controller for iOS devices?)

Where can I find out more about Omega Chase?

I put off buying Vectrians far to long. I remember discussions of the programming 14, yes fourteen years ago, and people were amazed that Kristof was able to get more vectors onscreen without flickering than should be possible.

He has released 2 games in the last 14 years. They are both worth it if you like Galaxian and Time Pilot.

Think SpiceWare, but on the Vectrex!

I really want to get vector pilot, but it's so hard to justify the money when there are so many standard release games that I need first.

The best I've played is v-frogger. There are so many objects on screen and so many of those are animated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLurE8iFcY

Edited by Reaperman

Have you tried Space Frenzy? I really like that release.

Ugh...Space Frenzy is horrible! Doesn't play correctly like Space Fury. In Space Fury, your ship is not destroyed when colliding with the ships only when colliding with the cruisers. This is not the case in Space Frenzy and it totally destroys it for me.

Ugh...Space Frenzy is horrible! Doesn't play correctly like Space Fury. In Space Fury, your ship is not destroyed when colliding with the ships only when colliding with the cruisers. This is not the case in Space Frenzy and it totally destroys it for me.

You know I played a butt-load of Space Frenzy this past weekend. I honestly didn't think it was too bad... the one thing I liked was the difficulty was toned-down compared to the arcade counterpart which sometimes is absolutely brutal and unforgiving!

• Like 1