IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

Of course, being a Work in Progress, it isn't ready for release, but we expect it to be out before the end of summer.

Looks great so far! I'm well aware that the object physics in Boulder Dash have to be exactly right in order for the game to work, so I'm not surprised that this aspect is still being tweaked. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

This is the FINAL box design, approved by First Star Software, Inc. and ready to print.

The box is going to press in a little over a week. We now begin work on the manual.

Scott is a skilled programmer and I have total confidence in him to make a really great product. You may have heard Keith Robinson in the past talk about the guy who asked him about the Graphic Rom in the Intellivision and the buss. Well, what Keith doesn't know is that it was Scott. Him and I were tearing apart an Intellivision and Scott built the very first hardware to get key pieces of software such as the Exec, Graphic Rom and ECS Exec, as well as numerous game ROMS on to the PC. Scott wrote a demo in the 90s called 'Eggs and Eyes' and designed and built INTV2PC the first hand controller interface for an emulator. So, he is no newbie, and despite some bugs still being squashed and tweaks being made, Boulder Dash is mostly complete.

I have two experienced Boulder Dash ® players lined up to make sure that the game plays like the original. Hopefully we can begin testing in a few weeks.

I think that considering the Intellivision's limitations, that we have a great looking game. There is a mode that we can select various colour combinations and we have an Atari 8 bit and Intellivision set up side by side to make comparisons. We will be selecting some attractive colour combinations for each level, with an eye to the original, but will be selecting what looks best on the Intellivision as the most important criteria.

post-31813-0-02209900-1404778671_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I might have to write my albino polar bear in a blizzard game level just for you, Rev! Here's a screen shot of what I have so far:

post-35516-0-24450600-1404787208_thumb.gif

May use colored squares mode... haven't decided yet. The nose and ears graphics aren't done yet.

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 2

This is the FINAL box design, approved by First Star Software, Inc. and ready to print.

The box is going to press in a little over a week. We now begin work on the manual.

Scott is a skilled programmer and I have total confidence in him to make a really great product. You may have heard Keith Robinson in the past talk about the guy who asked him about the Graphic Rom in the Intellivision and the buss. Well, what Keith doesn't know is that it was Scott. Him and I were tearing apart an Intellivision and Scott built the very first hardware to get key pieces of software such as the Exec, Graphic Rom and ECS Exec, as well as numerous game ROMS on to the PC. Scott wrote a demo in the 90s called 'Eggs and Eyes' and designed and built INTV2PC the first hand controller interface for an emulator. So, he is no newbie, and despite some bugs still being squashed and tweaks being made, Boulder Dash is mostly complete.

I have two experienced Boulder Dash ® players lined up to make sure that the game plays like the original. Hopefully we can begin testing in a few weeks.

I think that considering the Intellivision's limitations, that we have a great looking game. There is a mode that we can select various colour combinations and we have an Atari 8 bit and Intellivision set up side by side to make comparisons. We will be selecting some attractive colour combinations for each level, with an eye to the original, but will be selecting what looks best on the Intellivision as the most important criteria.

Damn, that box is sexy!

The boulder, or the game? :P

I don't care who you are ... that there was funny!

Which one.... or are you to referring to one of the eleven already released? What's your point here?

Point is ... come over to the dark side ... write an Intellivision game. I mean, come on, the graphics on the Intellivision are far superior to the Jag ... er ... the community always gets along great over here ... er ... um ... :ponder:. Ok ... we have more bacon!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...