IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

I think the whole drive dedicated to Xevious is interesting! ....It was a great NES game.

I particularly like the ceiling mounted chain-so that you can flush without having to leave the TI.

...maybe it is to flush the DNS-Server on the upper floor.

Actually, what is REALLY funny about that is "Xevious" is my internal DNS, DHCP, SMTP, and syslog aggregation server running Solaris 8. FTR, it is a 500MHz AMD K6-III+ with 128MB RAM and a 120GB SSD. So, yeah, I could have a pull-chain to flush the Bind cache :) Xevious is the only remaining server of a half-dozen game-theme named servers from around 2002 or so. It runs like a damn champ and all I have to do is replace the PSU and CPU fans every once in a while.

Not quite Ti-99 related, but if we're showing racks, here's mine (well the UDS10 is connected to the LAN and PEB) :-

IMG_1597.JPG

It's split in two. The top half is the networking, and the bottom half is the AV as it's located in the theatre room which I've just finished...........well, phase one........

• Like 2

It's in the loft's old bonus room. The air is drawn through the grille above the receiver and out at the top by the 1U fan. The room itself is connected to the house's central AC. You can just see the white thermostat on the left of the pic.

• Like 1

Man that is the nicest rack I've ever seen that did not have to be labeled as gallery_35324_1027_229.png! :grin:

Thanks! You should see the other side when it's pulled out - it's not as neat as the front. BTW, I also made each and every one of the patch cables - it took a while!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever considered getting one of these...YwdBK.jpg

...then mounting the unit in a case to get a better angle on the display and to protect the electronics? You would be able to have the display and the SD card at the same angle.

Ciro mounted his in the P-Box itself, but I would never have the guts to go hacking on the PEB!

• Like 3

Have you ever considered getting one of these...YwdBK.jpg

...then mounting the unit in a case to get a better angle on the display and to protect the electronics? You would be able to have the display and the SD card at the same angle.

Ciro mounted his in the P-Box itself, but I would never have the guts to go hacking on the PEB!

Ciro's box looks awesome

• Like 1

Have you ever considered getting one of these...

Well, i do not like so much hacking vintage items too, but i can change idea on items that have not more a life...

The PEB i hacked was really in dead conditions: Very rusty inside, stained and scratched on external plastics, power supply absent.

I gave him a new life... I thought that it could never be as like the original, and then I changed for my needs of actually use.

Ciro's box looks awesome

thank you daafies :) ... i am happy you like...

post-24673-0-71685600-1436016882_thumb.jpg

i also done some update on my modification lastly,

i changed the Power Supply with a new one from the Classic Arcade of the '80 years

post-24673-0-30346900-1436016738_thumb.jpg

it has 4A for Floppy Drives :)

I also inserted the HxC in a 3.5" case so it will more easy to update the SD Card :) (before of this i had to open everytime the PEB cover)

post-24673-0-30263400-1436016744_thumb.jpg

and update the front panel of the SD Card with a PowerButton On/Off so i can change the sd card without poweroff the PEB, and also e number drive settings so i can decide the number of the drive without open the PEB too :) :)

post-24673-0-69222800-1436016747_thumb.jpg

i have some other idea for other details, the third drive is external

post-24673-0-73248400-1436016754_thumb.jpg

in past days, my friend gifted me some spare parts of TI99 beige and silver, in very ugly condition and missing parts... i really believe that i will do some hack with these too :) :)

one only problem for me.... lot of ideas but really not enough time for complete them :P

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 5

Well, i do not like so much hacking vintage items too, but i can change idea on items that have not more a life...

The PEB i hacked was really in dead conditions: Very rusty inside, stained and scratched on external plastics, power supply absent.

I gave him a new life... I thought that it could never be as like the original, and then I changed for my needs of actually use.

Ahhh, that make sense! If it was already thrashed everything is an improvement with nothing to lose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my humble TI 99/4a setup, combined with my Atari 130XE on the same monitor, at the latest meeting of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society last week.

very nice system. how did you connect the screen to the TI ? (can´t see the cable)

;)

Here's my humble TI 99/4a setup, combined with my Atari 130XE on the same monitor, at the latest meeting of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society last week.

Some nice other bits 'n' pieces in there, like the Wico Boss, the 1050 and the Touch Tablet.