IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

Until tonight, only my mother thought I was perfect ...

Perfect Christmas! Woo hoo!

Next goal ... yellow score.

attachicon.gifperfect christmas.jpg

From a member who has done the ultimate perfect Christmas last season, that is indeed a Perfect Christmas, wtg!

PS - DZ Jay, while he did do a perfect Christmas, he's NOT THE FIRST this year to do so... I did (and posted video)

• Like 1

From a member who has done the ultimate perfect Christmas last season, that is indeed a Perfect Christmas, wtg!

PS - DZ Jay, while he did do a perfect Christmas, he's NOT THE FIRST this year to do so... I did (and posted video)

Of course! I'm sorry. You were the first Perfect Christmas this year. :)

-dZ.

@ebelhaki: Congratulations! You just saved Christmas! :) Way to go! You've graduated to the Top Elite Helper Elves blocked, and bumped down Oscar G.!

@JasonlikesINTV: Great stuff! Frosted Maze is rather easy: remember that when you pick up a snowflake, the Snowman changes directions. One hint is to work on the edges of the maze and stay close to the tunnel; when the Snowman is near, just jump in the tunnel--unless he is right on your back, he won't follow. I believe Scalpel posted a walkthrough video of it last year, or perhaps it was Liduario? I'll try to dig it up. Still awesome progress on your achievements.

Leaderboard updated.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Christmas Carol Fun Fact: Frosted Maze was the second level designed for Christmas Carol. It was created by star Intellivision programmer and President of Left Turn Only Productions, Joe Zbiciak. Joe also programmed the Intellivision home-brew classics 4-Tris and Space Patrol. Joe designed Frosted Maze using a level editor he whipped up on the fly that ran on his Intellivision, using Christmas Carol's tiles and structures.

As he explained it, he was toying with the idea of straight platforms that channel the Snowman's wobbly path, forcing him in one direction or the other. In practice, I found it worked really well as a challenge--and when I changed the look of the tiles to the current stalactite shape, it all fell into place.

Back at the very early stages of Christmas Carol, we intended to include the level editor in the cartridge ROM, and use Flash RAM to let players store their custom levels. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, this was one of the cool ideas that did not make it into the game, along with a persistent high-score board. I still have the level editor, and perhaps I'll polish it some day and release it as a ROM download.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

Hello dZ... Thank you for the updates.

This is my fourth submission. Slight improvement of my score:

Oscar G - 2,153 points - level 22

Moreover, I got a couple of extra achievements (both in the second picture):

A perfect score in the Snowflake garden plus a 5 lives (both at the same time... yippie!)

Cheers,

Oscar

post-34781-0-81242200-1386883333_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

@Oscar G.: Great work! If that is what you are getting by just playing during your commute, I'm impressed. :)

@LidLikesIntellivision: OMG!!! That is an awesome score! You're still a few thousand behind your last record from 2012, but it is still a fantastic progress. By the way, you don't have to start your 12 Days Of Christmas Carol today, since you posted yesterday; so you have now 2 days. :)

@Gorfy: FANTASTIC PROGRESS! Wow! I was just telling my wife that a mere week ago, you submitted your first score of 55 points, and look at it now! Don't get discouraged, you're almost done saving Christmas... only a couple more levels and you join the ranks of the Top Elite Helper Elves! :)

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 2

@Gorfy: FANTASTIC PROGRESS! Wow! I was just telling my wife that a mere week ago, you submitted your first score of 55 points, and look at it now! Don't get discouraged, you're almost done saving Christmas... only a couple more levels and you join the ranks of the Top Elite Helper Elves! :)

Wow! Your wife knows about me -- you know how to make a guy feel important 8)

• Like 2

Wow! Your wife knows about me -- you know how to make a guy feel important 8)

My wife is sharing this contest with everybody. She doesn't really play the game, but since she had to suffer through its development, she would tell you that she's lived it. :)

-dZ.

• Like 3

new personal best: 2443

post-34560-0-07464500-1386900897_thumb.gif

but I'm sorry to say, I'm going to have to contest my Perfect Christmas achievement, I don't think I earned that! I had 1780 pts at the end of level 17. not the beginning of it. (thanks anyway though, I hope to do it soon :))

now that I have these 3 perfects

post-34560-0-35577700-1386900898_thumb.gifpost-34560-0-66456100-1386900954_thumb.gifpost-34560-0-06006500-1386900954_thumb.gif I can say however that I have gotten perfects on all stages through #17... hooray!

and I finally beat practice stage 4 with a perfect score:

post-34560-0-45894000-1386900896_thumb.gif

and a perfect score for adventure Levels 1-4:

post-34560-0-75608600-1386900897_thumb.gif

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

but I'm sorry to say, I'm going to have to contest my Perfect Christmas achievement, I don't think I earned that! I had 1780 pts at the end of level 17. not the beginning of it. (thanks anyway though, I hope to do it soon :))

I don't know what you mean? I don't see a Perfect Christmas achievement on your entry. It could have been a transient error that was corrected. Can you reload the page and verify?

@Darrin9999: Keep bringing in those achievements. Even if you don't get a higher score, it's OK. It'll still count towards the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol.

Leaderboard updated (again).

Thanks! DZ-Jay

I`m going for the 12 days of christmas, but I don`t think I`ll beat my high score. :mad: . I keep trying but No Luck!!

@mphokie: Little little, I'm sure you'll get there! Great progress, though! :)

@S.BAZ: I could not see either in the database nor in the leaderboard that you had been attributed the Perfect Christmas achievement. It could have been a transient error where I messed something up in the leaderboard script. In any case, it is correct right now. I do appreciate your honesty. :)

Your new score brings you closer to JasonlikesINTV's talons... you're very close! Keep cracking!

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

I don't know what you mean? I don't see a Perfect Christmas achievement on your entry. It could have been a transient error that was corrected. Can you reload the page and verify?

you congratulated me for it yesterday (post #197). maybe it was someone else you meant to congratulate?

you congratulated me for it yesterday (post #197). maybe it was someone else you meant to congratulate?

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out... sorry, it was an error. It was meant for Fushek, and I have edited the post. You're still doing great, and you're still kicking butt with your achievements. :)

Keep it going! Nice work.

-dZ.

I've added a new feature to the leaderboard: It now displays the number of achievements each contestant has earned, as well as the number of consecutive days they have played. This last bit is the days counted towards the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol achievement.

I thought it would be useful to tell this information at a glance.

Enjoy! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1