IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

Getting a little better:

If I had a quarter for every time I thought "%#$@ Ghost!", I'd be able to buy a copy of Spiker!

That's really funny! Wait until you save Christmas, you'll love that Ghost. :)

P.S. Congratulations! You have jumped to the top of the Elite Novice Elves, displacing Felson42!! :)

Now, you just gotta work on your Achievements... ;)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Fantastic work, everyone! This was an awesome birthday! :) I'm sorry I wasn't around too much in the afternoon, but my wife took me out to celebrate. I appreciate everyone's birthday wishes, and admire the wonderful scores that everyone submitted--especially LidLikesIntellivision, that was outstanding!

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

Woke up. Fed the cats. Fed the dogs. Walked the dogs. Played a couple games of Christmas Carol and bombed miserably. Went upstairs. Made coffee. Put on some Christmas jazz. Drank coffee. Took some antidepressants. Ate fig. Now I'm ready for round two! Look out, ghost!! :twisted:

• Like 2

@Gorfy: It may be just a minor improvement in score, but you've advanced to the last stage of the adventure and you've met T.O.M.Bot 3000, a.k.a the Bad Toy! That earns you The Boss Is In achievement.

Now, watch out! You are at the cusp of saving Christmas, which means that you will be earning your first Elite Elf Squad rank. You should improve your score, or else you risk losing position in the leaderboard once you join the Top Elite Helper Elves group!

No worries, though. I'm sure that once you save Christmas the first time, the rest feels a bit more familiar. :)

Nice going, everyone!

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

Christmas Carol Fun Fact: The character of Carol Greenleaf was always intended to be more Tolkien than Keebler elf. She is Santa's most trusted elf, and her job is to find all the boys and girls of the world still missing from Santa's list. Her resourcefulness, determination, and attitude--inspired by the likes of Lara Croft--come from the nature of her work: there are children of all races and cultures in all corners of the Earth, so she must traverse through all sorts of environments, fight her way through uncountable dangers, in order to complete her mission.

Because of her worldly experience, resourcefulness, and sagacity, it's no wonder Santa calls on her in cases of grave emergency, like when the Evil Snowman strikes.

• Like 4

Wow! Liduario! This is very impressive, again! :)

Since that is proof of A Perfect Christmas, I accepted Frozen "P," as well as the other "perfect" achievements, of which you already had most. You are now up to 23 achievements--impressive!

Are you going to go for the Code Breaker as well? ;)

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

@catsfolly: Slowly but surely, you're going up. That's great! As for the the "perfect" achievements, have you tried the Practice Mode? Pick the level you feel is easiest for you, and practice on it to try to get a perfect score. I and others in this thread can help you find an appropriate pattern to solve the stage.

Once you feel comfortable getting a perfect score, aim at getting the bonus on the lower levels the next time you play the adventure. This will surely bump up your score as well.

If there is any particular stage that's giving you trouble, let me know, and I'll see if I can provide some tips. :)

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I scored 1,438 but pressed F12 instead of F11 when I tried to get screenshot :mad: :mad: :mad:

I did get a screenshot of saving Christmas.......

attachicon.gifshot0003.gif

Aw, man! That's too bad. :(

Do you recall which level you finished on? Unfortunately, I can't accept the score, but you have earned the Savior Of Christmas achievement. Congratulations! :)

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

917, I give up! :)

Oh man! You did such good progress in the past week--don't give up now!

With this entry, you have played for 5 consecutive days, you have a few "perfect" achievements on your belt, and even earned a rank! You have to protect your standing... I hear that Gorfy is gunning for your seat at the Top Elite Helper Elves table! ;)

Leaderboard updated.

Oh man! You did such good progress in the past week--don't give up now!

With this entry, you have played for 5 consecutive days, you have a few "perfect" achievements on your belt, and even earned a rank! You have to protect your standing... I hear that Gorfy is gunning for your seat at the Top Elite Helper Elves table! ;)

Leaderboard updated.

Gorfy will take it, I don`t know how i got the 1510 score! I have not come close to it again.. :( I would love to get a patch this yr, but I don`t see it happening.

@Darrin9999: No worries, mate. Is there any specific stage that is giving you problems? Perhaps I and the others can help. Although this is a competition, it is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. If you are getting frustrated, perhaps it is time to let go of the hand controller for a bit, prepare some hot-cocoa or eggnog, and spend some quality time with your family and friends.

Then, with a fresh mind and attitude, give it another go. :)

-dZ.

P.S. You have played for 5 days straight, and I'd hate to see you lose that count towards the 12 Days Of Christmas achievement; so just play a bit each day and submit a score to keep the counter going. Other than that, make sure to have fun! It's Christmas Time! :)

Breaking Down The Perfectionist Elf

For those who have posted several screenshots of perfect levels, I invite you to post tips on how you managed to conquer each stage. There are some new comers having trouble improving their score, and perhaps some helpful tips from the veterans will give them the guidance and encouragement to get farther.

To those having trouble achieving a "Perfect Level Bonus," feel free to post on which stage you are stuck, and I and the others will try to offer advice. :)

-dZ.

@Darrin9999: No worries, mate. Is there any specific stage that is giving you problems? Perhaps I and the others can help. Although this is a competition, it is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. If you are getting frustrated, perhaps it is time to let go of the hand controller for a bit, prepare some hot-cocoa or eggnog, and spend some quality time with your family and friends.

Then, with a fresh mind and attitude, give it another go. :)

-dZ.

P.S. You have played for 5 days straight, and I'd hate to see you lose that count towards the 12 Days Of Christmas achievement; so just play a bit each day and submit a score to keep the counter going. Other than that, make sure to have fun! It's Christmas Time! :)

Lol! Its all good, I`m gonna keep playing... just having some fun...

• Like 1

I would be happy to show how to do prefect on the levels I've been doing, but my photos are bad as they are on a TV and don't show the candy so well.

Can someone post clean emulator photos and I'll mock up?

I can not get emulator to run on my Mac, so hence the request.

I would be happy to show how to do prefect on the levels I've been doing, but my photos are bad as they are on a TV and don't show the candy so well.

Can someone post clean emulator photos and I'll mock up?

I can not get emulator to run on my Mac, so hence the request.

PM Sent.