IGNORED

The homebrew flood ... good thing, right?

Fushek

How can you be confused? This might be a 'fun time hobby thing' for you but I personally was not willing to accept the risk of doing a CIB release. You inquired about giving me a 'loan' for the Old School box/manual/overlays. I didn't need a loan. I had enough credit to borrow the money. What I didn't have the ability to do was to LOSE that money.

Tim came along and offered to risk his money. Yup...if the upgrade kits and the first 50 CIB copies had not sold, he would have lost all of that money. I don't think you were willing to do the same. Tim didn't give me a 'loan' he bought the games and upgrade kits up front.

You might be surprised to learn that, actually, John DOESN'T like or think it is a good game. I felt differently and thought that it would be a good cart only release but NOT a 'CIB' release. I know that you would love to see boxes/manuals and overlays for every release but your money isn't at risk. I have to be much more careful. Another Paddle Party or Match 5 and I would have been out of business.

Match 5 is an excellent game. It was chosen one of the Top 10 new games of 2013 by Classic Game Room. I am very proud of that. But, everyone looks down their nose at it. Little consolation when I am paying the printing bills.

Not trying to be a butthead but I do think the only reason PADDLE PARTY did not sell well is because you William did not give it a chance you released the game and then shut your site down in like 3 months after the release or somewhere in that time frame and yet expected it to sell well ?

You know i was thinking about it earlier after i re-listened to an old CGE Intellivision panel, and how it was always described, what would be the difference between what is being produced today in some cases more than 'homebrew' than what the 'official releases' of Interphase back in the day (yes i said it Ferg) other than when they were made? From all accounts it has been described as 'essentially a one man operation', whether it was he who also programmed or if he contracted out individual games on different systems. Sounds pretty similiar to elektronite's business model, save for scope and whatever distribution deals Interphase might have been working with bitd.

gavv

• Like 1