IGNORED

Skunkboard production batch. Declare list.

willyvmm

So.

Everything seems to be working fine.

I got them to work.

jcp v02.03.03 built on Oct  3 2010

XXX         XXX   XXX         XXX    X          XXX   XXX    X    XXX
X   X       X   X X   X       X   X XXX         X   X X   X XXX   X   X
    X       X   X X   X       X   X   X         X   X X   X   X       X
  XX        X   X X   X       X   X   X          XXXX X   X   X     XX
    X       X   X X   X       X   X   X             X X   X   X    X
X   X       X   X X   X       X   X   X             X X   X   X   X
 XXX    XX   XXX   XXX    XX   XXX  XXXXX        XXX   XXX  XXXXX XXXXX

The sertial numer is just for test :) dont worry about that.

Reboot claim that it's a myth that the Jag is hard to develop for, AFAIK most of the problems were based on the lack of proper documentation (esp. regarding GPU programming and a workaround for the GPU bug regarding main RAM access).

Documentation is important, but even MORE important is mature, bug-free tools. The 68000 compilers were fairly decent by then, but the lack of a decent JRISC compiler hurt. Even the very last compiler version in June 95 (well after the Jag was dead) had bugs. It's why nearly everything for the Jaguar is >95% assembly. Asking devs to do mostly assembly in the early to mid 90's was a significant hold-back.

Actually the Jaguar didn't die really until the end of 95.

Documentation is important, but even MORE important is mature, bug-free tools. The 68000 compilers were fairly decent by then, but the lack of a decent JRISC compiler hurt. Even the very last compiler version in June 95 (well after the Jag was dead) had bugs. It's why nearly everything for the Jaguar is >95% assembly. Asking devs to do mostly assembly in the early to mid 90's was a significant hold-back.

Reboot claim that it's a myth that the Jag is hard to develop for, AFAIK most of the problems were based on the lack of proper documentation (esp. regarding GPU programming and a workaround for the GPU bug regarding main RAM access).

I think what Reboot meant was its not hard to get started programming on the Jag.

It's not hard to get started. It's also not hard to code for.

Jagchris - I thought Reboot killed the Jaguar scene :P (If you are talking about the decaying, non-release, overlord-ish scene, then if we did, good riddance! LOL)

Please stop harping on about GPU in main, LOL.

Actually the Jaguar didn't die really until the end of 95.

I think what Reboot meant was its not hard to get started programming on the Jag.

Well that was random. How hot is it over there down under? You doing ok? You get bit by something poisonous? I hear even the spiders over there have health bars. post-3107-0-27896600-1405292541_thumb.jpeg

It's not hard to get started. It's also not hard to code for.

Jagchris - I thought Reboot killed the Jaguar scene :P (If you are talking about the decaying, non-release, overlord-ish scene, then if we did, good riddance! LOL)

Please stop harping on about GPU in main, LOL.

Edited by JagChris

That's a small spider ;)

Also, its winter over here. Winter may be coming everywhere else, but its damn well arrived here. brrrrr!

Anyways... Can't wait for this batch of skunks to become available!

Well that was random. How hot is it over there down under? You doing ok? You get bit by something poisonous? I hear even the spiders over there have health bars. attachicon.gifmana bar spider.jpeg

Out of curiosity and OT, have the winters been more severe than usual over there? The States have had some freak weather the last couple years.

That's a small spider ;)

Also, its winter over here. Winter may be coming everywhere else, but its damn well arrived here. brrrrr!

Anyways... Can't wait for this batch of skunks to become available!

Our summers are getting warmer and at different times of the year. Our winters are getting colder.

But our blind and ignorant politicians think there isn't any climate change.

Corporate greed will kill the planet, no doubt.

Out of curiosity and OT, have the winters been more severe than usual over there? The States have had some freak weather the last couple years.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The work is in progress ... :D

This is going slower than i expected, additionally i need to replace all USB connectors ... because of poor quality.

a lot of soldering...

That sucks... I can only imagine. I've done only slight soldering on circuit boards, and what a pain... can't imagine replacing a bunch of USB connectors... ugh...

The first computer board I designed, my employer required me to make them all myself. At least they paid for the parts. We eventually found a board house that would also solder all the parts for less than the first place wanted for just the boards. I was never so glad... I didn't want to solder another thing ever again. :D

• Like 1

The work is in progress ... :D

This is going slower than i expected, additionally i need to replace all USB connectors ... because of poor quality.

a lot of soldering...

Wait. You need to fix 200+ boards manually ? In your free time ?

Well, even if you could do, like, 3-4 in one evening, that's still about 50+ evenings.

You sure you can finish it this year ?