IGNORED

Philia - Elansar Sequal

82-T/A

We would also need to understand that donating $20 does not mean that we get a free copy too... we'd have to off-set those costs by actually buying a copy of the game as well, and I'm ok with that too.

I already have a memory track, or did you mean that he needs one?

I'm at $200 anyone else want to donate feel free but I'm about to PM everyone that are interested in this great cause. This should cover $149 for a refurb jag cd and I'll donate my ac adapter and pick up a memory track for Orion. Anyone have an issue with a $149 refurb vs paying $225 for a new jag cd? Both have a 90 day warranty with best electronics.

I'm at $200 anyone else want to donate feel free but I'm about to PM everyone that are interested in this great cause. This should cover $149 for a refurb jag cd and I'll donate my ac adapter and pick up a memory track for Orion. Anyone have an issue with a $149 refurb vs paying $225 for a new jag cd? Both have a 90 day warranty with best electronics.

You know he is in Europe right? A 110v psu would most likely be useless to him.

Well, first, I'm really surprised by this generosity. Thank you.
About the AC adapter, I still have the one I used for my "dead" jagcd.
Also, if this is really gonna happen, I need to check the feasability on JagCD, for example I can't garanty that I can use cinepak (my previous experiment about using this failed), and I would need to now exactly how many people will be interested to buy this game (there are less JagCD owner than Jaguar owner I guess). the donators can get a discount.

Once the total for a JagCD+Memory Track can be gathered, I will post a topic with a poll about the project.

Well, first, I'm really surprised by this generosity. Thank you.

About the AC adapter, I still have the one I used for my "dead" jagcd.

Also, if this is really gonna happen, I need to check the feasability on JagCD, for example I can't garanty that I can use cinepak (my previous experiment about using this failed), and I would need to now exactly how many people will be interested to buy this game (there are less JagCD owner than Jaguar owner I guess). the donators can get a discount.

Once the total for a JagCD+Memory Track can be gathered, I will post a topic with a poll about the project.

TXG is lord of all that is cinepak. Maybe CJ & GGN will create the planned ULS2.0 to make producing a large CD easier?

Anyway, interesting to see this being planned, I didn't actually think the "buy me a jaguar CD" comment was anything other than making a point about the money you'd have to put in before you even wrote a line of code :0)

TXG is lord of all that is cinepak. Maybe CJ & GGN will create the planned ULS2.0 to make producing a large CD easier?

Anyway, interesting to see this being planned, I didn't actually think the "buy me a jaguar CD" comment was anything other than making a point about the money you'd have to put in before you even wrote a line of code :0)

This was the point at first. Because I also thought that this would never happen.

Now that I see that lots of people are actually willing to donate for buying me a JagCD, this made my mind change.

To be really clear, the Jaguar is not my favorite video game console, but there is a large and motivated community for it, and that makes me motivated.

to take another example, my favorite console is the ps1, I offered the small ps1 community to port Elansar & Philia, all I got was 2 yes and one "no, I prefer action games"...

so, creating games for my favorite system is one thing, but if no one cares, there is little interest in doing it...

even if the Jaguar is not easy to code for, if people motivates you to create things on it, that may be worth to continue.

• Like 5

This was the point at first. Because I also thought that this would never happen.

Now that I see that lots of people are actually willing to donate for buying me a JagCD, this made my mind change.

To be really clear, the Jaguar is not my favorite video game console, but there is a large and motivated community for it, and that makes me motivated.

to take another example, my favorite console is the ps1, I offered the small ps1 community to port Elansar & Philia, all I got was 2 yes and one "no, I prefer action games"...

so, creating games for my favorite system is one thing, but if no one cares, there is little interest in doing it...

even if the Jaguar is not easy to code for, if people motivates you to create things on it, that may be worth to continue.

Man, I wish I had your programming skills, because I'd be supporting the hell out of systems that sold little (Jaguar CD, Pippin, 3DO, etc.) and couldn't care less about the systems that sold outrageous numbers in comparison.

The niche systems will have a growing homebrew community while the mainstream systems will only have fans that care about Pokemon and Final Fantasy. The reason for this is because of the amount of software released for these systems. Why care about a homebrew game being released on a system that had ~2,000+ games? If a system had like ~20 games released for it, you bet your ass there will be people in line to buy a new release for it. It adds value to the obscure system.

This is an interesting analysis, I had not thought of it.

Yeah. Keep in mind that certain markets/industries do not meet the "status quo", or ideal way of economics. Video games happen to be one of those weird quirky situations in which a large install base of a platform does not guarantee success for software producers (see: Wii). You'd be better off finding a niche audience, since homebrew itself is niche. Think of it as either being a little fish in a big sea full of sharks versus a big fish in a small pond. I'd choose the latter.

Hi all - looks like the memory track is more expensive than I thought. Does anyone have one to donate? I'm at $150 right now and need the rest of the people to follow through to reach around $200 ish and I'll cover the rest including shipping.

I've seen Memory Tracks go for like ~$40 on eBay.

EDIT: Here's a new one for $60-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Track-Atari-Jaguar-CD-Brand-New-Sealed-/161258191768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258bbcbb98

Edited by NinSEGA

So far these members have put in for this great project:

Umberto

Isgoed

Gulfman

twoquickcapri

lachoneus

anyonomous

doctorclu

Anyone else interested? let me know. if there's anyone else interested in the next few days. Bradley for Best is going to give me a quote on shipping the jag CD to France. I'll drop off a memory track if possible to him to ship everything in one package.

So far these members have put in for this great project:
Umberto
Isgoed
Gulfman
twoquickcapri
lachoneus
anyonomous
doctorclu
Anyone else interested? let me know. if there's anyone else interested in the next few days. Bradley for Best is going to give me a quote on shipping the jag CD to France. I'll drop off a memory track if possible to him to ship everything in one package.

Don't forget me!