IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

12 hours ago, glazball said:

I rarely Kickstart anything but I was going to pledge for the Dreamcast version of Gladmort.  As I get ready to check out, I see the shipping charge is 32 Euros (!!) and I decided not to kickstart it after all.  I have a real problem with people trying to make money off of shipping charges.  PixelHeart already has the infrastructure to mail out games.  There's absolutely no reason to ask 32 freakin' euros to send a Dreamcast game across the Atlantic.

I see now that they've already met their goal, so my support was not needed anyway!  I'll buy the game later and pay the usual, inflated shipping charge.

Hi glaz,

Good to see you back with us bro. Yeah, I didn't like that either with the cost of shipping. What also disturbs me is that my form of payment isn't accepted with Kickstarter outside the United States. That's a bummer. Look like I have to find an alternative way to pay, or wait when it's over with PixelHeart and use PayPal. :|

Anthony..

12 hours ago, shane857 said:

Also been building my NEO-GEO CD collection.

Picked this up for £60/$75. 

Oh wow! Money well spent Shane. Last Resort is one of the best shooters for the Neo-Geo. Glad you have it in your already awesome collection bro. I think I'll play mine later on today now. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

I had a DOH moment. I was thinking of this backwards. I didn't even think that JGO stood for JapanGameOnline. They must have been the original producer. That's a great bonus. I was thinking someone bought up old stock and was hording them. I'm happy to know it's the opposite. 

Yeah Dopy, JapanGamesOnline @japangameonline really helps the community a lot. If you're looking for something, feel free to contact him on AtariAge as well. He knows me and if you like, mention Anthony or Charlie Cat sent you. He'll provide you a discount as well :)

Here's the link to his profile.

https://forums.atariage.com/profile/80506-japangameonline/

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Mike and Corey from BitBeamCannon with the latest with DaemonClaw. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"All portraits for the cinematic scenes have now been finished and upgraded for Megadrive, except for the final boss portrait. - All intermission scene graphics for the scenes which are displayed between levels have been finished and are implemented in the Megadrive version. - Corey is finished making the final art for the level 4 boss and Neofid is still working on finishing the programming for the level 4 boss fight. - Corey made enhancements to the level 2 boss fight environment and they've been added in game. - Mike finished refining and detailing the very big illustration for the box art and the kickstarter poster add on. On the Neo Geo side of things: - The programmer continues to make progress on implementing the core features and gameplay on his improved game engine. - Cory and Mike had a creative meeting to discuss the Neo Geo specific boot-up sequence and other enhancements for many aspects of DaemonClaw for Neo Geo. - We are slightly behind schedule in that we should have started making playable builds of the Megadrive version available to the backers who volunteer to be testers a few weeks ago. Our plan is to make the first playable build available for them by the next update video. This first test build will include the opening sequence, main menu, level 1 and the level 1 boss, and future updates will introduce new levels and of course the continued improvements to the previous levels. We're doing everything we can to stay as close to the original estimated release date as possible, but rest assured quality and fun factor are much more important to us than hitting a specific release date, but that said, we are only off the original intended schedule by a matter of weeks. We'll continue to keep you you all updated every step of the way. - Thanks as always everyone for your support! "

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been playing this early NEO-GEO CD release today. 'Riding Hero' .Critics back in the day gave it poor reviews.

I played a burned copy and I have to say...I actually enjoyed the game. Once you get used to the controls the game is really enjoyable, especially in story mode. My only criticism is the roads are too narrow to pass vehicles. Original NEO-GEO CD copy at the moment is around £300/$375 which is a shame, as I would have bought it if it were cheaper. Why wasn't there more racing games of this type on the NEO-GEO, as appose to the 'top down' racing games? Guess developers saw this game flopped and didn't bother...🤔

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

• Like 3

@shane857 One reason why Riding Hero was review bombed was because the Neo Geo had no handlebar controller/steering wheel.

As for the latest Bit Beam Cannon video, I'd like to see them take another stab at Forensic Pixology or taking one of the games they covered and re-draw/re-color it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

@shane857 One reason why Riding Hero was review bombed was because the Neo Geo had no handlebar controller/steering wheel.

As for the latest Bit Beam Cannon video, I'd like to see them take another stab at Forensic Pixology or taking one of the games they covered and re-draw/re-color it.

That's true Slidel. If the game had better controlling like you would expect for a motorcycle racer cabinet in the arcade, it would've receive a different score. Plus a few other adjustments to the game.

Anthony.. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shane857 said:

Interestingly Shane, Riding Hero is my father's favorite game for the Neo-Geo. He was really into the graphics and the story mode that was part of the title when it debuted and he was good at the racing since he didn't like those arcade cabinets that required you to sit and pretend you're actually racing. Still like to see footage of it on YouTube even to this day. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 2

Hi guys,

The King of Fighters Victrix Pro FS Arcade Fight Sticks are available now! Pick up one of these limited-edition sticks serialized out of 250 before they’re gone. https://pdp.com/collections/victrix-fightsticks #victrixpro #kingoffighters

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOF XV商品のご紹介 【アクリルスティックキーホルダー】 草薙京 K‘ 身長181cmの草薙京と183cmのK‘の全身を 約10.5cmのアクリルキーホルダーに濃密度凝縮! (スティック部約13cm) 各種¥1,320(税込) Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 今月19日(日まで開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
Translated from Japanese by
 Introduction of KOF XV products   [Acrylic stick keychain]  Kyo Kusanagi  K' The entire bodies of 181cm tall Kusanagi Kyo and 183cm tall K' are densely packed into approximately 10.5cm acrylic keychains! (Stick part approx. 13cm) ¥1,320 each (tax included) Half Anniversary Thanks Sale On until the 19th (Sun) of this month  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT

GM9o2cgawAEia5A?format=jpg&name=small

GM9o2ceasAAzhP0?format=jpg&name=900x900

GM9o2cdbQAAsc9z?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【零サム がま口】 ・ナコルル & リムルル 「森林保護寄付金を貯めます」 ・徳川慶寅 & 真鏡名ミナ 「逢瀬代入れとくか」 ・炎邪 & 水邪 「ゴゥルアアアア!」 約 W120mm × H105mm 全3種 各税込¥1,760 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 今月 19日(日)まで開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
Translated from Japanese by
[Zero Sam Purse] ・Nakoruru & Rimururu  "I will save money for forest conservation." ・Tokugawa Yoshitora & Majikina Mina  "Shall I pay for the rendezvous?" ・Fire and Water  "GOOLAAAAAAHH!" Approx. W120mm x H105mm All three types are ¥1,760 (tax included) Half Anniversary Thanks Sale On until the 19th (Sunday) of this month  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GNCQWfDbsAA-TGT?format=jpg&name=small

GNCQWfBa0AAwk8i?format=jpg&name=360x360

GNCQWfFa4AAycw2?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony.

Hi guys,

The final batch of Cyborg Force fellas. :)

These are the very last #cyborgforce #aes #mvs pre-orders we had pending. So if you're still waiting for your "order shipped" message: your game is here, and it will be in the post on Friday. Thank you all so much for your support and your patience! 

Anthony..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, shane857 said:

Been playing this early NEO-GEO CD release today. 'Riding Hero' .Critics back in the day gave it poor reviews.

I played a burned copy and I have to say...I actually enjoyed the game. Once you get used to the controls the game is really enjoyable, especially in story mode. My only criticism is the roads are too narrow to pass vehicles. Original NEO-GEO CD copy at the moment is around £300/$375 which is a shame, as I would have bought it if it were cheaper. Why wasn't there more racing games of this type on the NEO-GEO, as appose to the 'top down' racing games? Guess developers saw this game flopped and didn't bother...🤔

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Everything about that looks like a combination GTA and OutRun. Man that looks amazing. I will find a way to play this too.

@shane857 How about this one? It's showing 79.99 USD with 20 USD Shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355336933563?itmmeta=01HXCCW5ZEXH01K2KWBTTEBJT9&hash=item52bbbb50bb:g:wR8AAOSwUshjoF1M&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4LPqQWTfOUD0c2bWgJWrcGrz%2B7%2Frw0AiarIq7I4xh4%2BDecmQimDvLCP5%2FV000z2F54pSNq44nbVNEocaxxzy%2BtKiQ0wy9474w8DRx3OkZV3ormlqxCjwtWmP%2Bj%2BvWS%2Fo5BgrnMcCq3G0mvy8iv%2BwUHxhSXQz5pbSDq%2FhTBPLquvI6vTRRcXUvhrP0j4DpDdKAhcHsEaJX8pCnJz%2FYm%2BaaCl5tO0lRGxpTG4rCssJtkQoCyl5Y58gQJgVxoQSjlwdPAqVh8o%2FwMJtSDfQl%2F0PYUkpILC3iUQOIz3ed7014XzN|tkp%3ABk9SR-7f8IzrYw

This one is in Spain at 75 EUR:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295909319582?itmmeta=01HXCD6GWEW0TPM1TT386EQ6HN&hash=item44e591e39e:g:4FsAAOSwgFNjqe1G&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwDls%2FdJK8o%2Fo3Xc4D%2BUAGMWgTj%2FKsTx%2F2sRFeyWKWSUkMpIPgYaO6Jj7%2Fu%2BRN%2BrEeJQpGrSmlaFtz7lx3CJyUI6lmY0QE66f108yhgZgBMo8ZcciPUj0pd6Z5ntcvyp1jhZYABv94wv5o9GAVpGXX8df%2BuSWSFCZOuicKRdeK%2F5H9WQq62MmY30RkqdhCA5EEina2f%2FLf2SQ8Xqaf30uJZRhza0yQXAn2KHr%2FFirO52j8PSAzx%2BwFGypZ1JtyqUC9g%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6SOmo3rYw

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Well done to the Galdmort Kickstarter campaign as it still has weeks to go.. :)

#GladMort has demolished his #Kickstarter goal, and it's all thanks to you! To support the project and discover the surprises that will be arriving on the kickstarter, click here: https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort #NEOGEO #Dreamcast #steam #platformer #action #adventure #RETROGAMING

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

It's incredible, all 100 copies of #GladMort #AES JPN edition have been sold... Why not add another copies to the sale, available from 6pm today? When do you think?  #kickstarter #RETROGAMING #retrogamer #Neogeo

Anthony..

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Well done to the Galdmort Kickstarter campaign as it still has weeks to go.. :)

#GladMort has demolished his #Kickstarter goal, and it's all thanks to you! To support the project and discover the surprises that will be arriving on the kickstarter, click here: https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort #NEOGEO #Dreamcast #steam #platformer #action #adventure #RETROGAMING

Anthony..

NEO-GEO CD also. Pleeeaase! 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

@Charlie Cat @shane857

I always confuse this on the CD units. My CDZ comes with a US Power Supply, so should I buy this adapter? Is a step-down converter needed, despite my power supply being US? 

Edit: The answer I receive will determine whether I buy it or not.

Edited by ColecoGamer