IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

2 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Happy Thursday, people :)

I think I made yet another oopsie.  In order to test my homebrew I'll need a flashcart.  But, I'd rather not spend hundreds.  Also, I only need to load a single game at a time, if that helps.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced Neo Geo MVS flash cart?

There are none below 300$, maybe you could replace the rom chips of a cheap repro.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the NEO SD and I found that someone was trying to reverse engineer the MVS development cartridge that had two PCMCIA slots to load games, it seems like the forum which the developer was using to post the progress is abandoned now.

https://www.yaronet.com/topics/185952-neo-geo-flash-cartridge-with-pcmcia-linear-flash-cards

image.jpeg.52fd2296ac03908c3ae3669b08e095d4.jpeg 

Something like this seems like a good idea even if it was only able to load one or two games at a time, it would be really nice if someone tried to redo it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Happy Thursday, people :)

I think I made yet another oopsie.  In order to test my homebrew I'll need a flashcart.  But, I'd rather not spend hundreds.  Also, I only need to load a single game at a time, if that helps.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced Neo Geo MVS flash cart?

Well, until you find an SD cart solution, you can always use emulators.

I realize emulators have their faults, but at least you could test your games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Let’s play some Ninja Masters!

Always loved this game Mike. But I never pushed myself to purchased Ninja Masters for the Neo Geo CD. But a heck of a lot cheaper to buy than the AES that's for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【月末キャラ】予想キャンペーン 今年5月の月末限定キャラを予想し、 ひとり1回までコメント欄でご返信してください。 正解者から3名様に600ダイヤをプレゼントします! イベント期間:2024年5月20日(月)17:00まで ※5月31日に報酬を配布する予定です。 #KOF98UMOL #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
[Monthly Character] Prediction Campaign We predict the characters that will be available only at the end of May this year. Please reply in the comments section only once per person. Three winners who answer correctly will receive 600 diamonds! Event period: Until 17:00 on Monday, May 20, 2024 ※ Rewards will be distributed on May 31st. #KOF98UMOL #KOF

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【期間限定イベント SPセール開催!】 KOFシリーズの初代ラスボス。武器や麻薬といった闇市場を牛耳る武器商人「ルガール02UM」 ST登場! イベント期間:5/20 05:00:00 - 5/24 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ルガールバーンシュタイン
[Limited time event special sale!] The first final boss of the KOF series. Rugal 02UM, an arms dealer who controls the black market for weapons and drugs, now appears in ST! Event Period: 5/20 05:00:00 - 5/24 05:00:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ルガールバーンシュタイン

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】KOF XVのパーティーVSの大会が開催されます。ぜひご視聴ください! https://tonamel.com/competition/BWYm9 #SNK #KOFXV
[Notice] A KOF XV Party VS tournament will be held. Please be sure to tune in! https://tonamel.com/competition/BWYm9 #SNK #KOFXV
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

Anthony..

12 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Well, until you find an SD cart solution, you can always use emulators.

I realize emulators have their faults, but at least you could test your games.

I've been burned by relying on emulators.  You end up with those Rumsfeld "Unknown Unknowns" :)

But, yes.  When I make minor changes emulators are pretty handy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Always loved this game Mike. But I never pushed myself to purchased Ninja Masters for the Neo Geo CD. But a heck of a lot cheaper to buy than the AES that's for sure. :)

Anthony..

You can definitely find a deal on a Neo Geo CD version like I did. The AES version - like you said - is astronomically expensive. I’m sorry, but no Neo Geo game is worth 4k-8k!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I need some advice for my YouTube channel. Should I continue recording Neo CD games or should I mix things up by including MVS as well? 

Yeh, mix it up bro. Only so many NEO-GEO CD games anyway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

You can definitely find a deal on a Neo Geo CD version like I did. The AES version - like you said - is astronomically expensive. I’m sorry, but no Neo Geo game is worth 4k-8k!

Yes. The NEO-GEO CD version is going for £130/$165 at the mo. One title that's definitely on my list...

• Like 2

Wondering if the reason PixelHeart are not releasing Gladmort on the NEO-GEO CD at the moment is because of loading time? 🤔

I honestly have no issues waiting for a game to load in about a minute. Just boil the kettle or something...😂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Wondering if the reason PixelHeart are not releasing Gladmort on the NEO-GEO CD at the moment is because of loading time? 🤔

I honestly have no issues waiting for a game to load in about a minute. Just boil the kettle or something...😂

Based on what I know now about Neo CD development, you need to program the Disc to work on both CD systems. Pixel Heart didn’t do this with Bang Bead, so my copy won’t work on the CDZ. The new games that we’ve pre-ordered from them (like Neo Drift) will work on both Neo CD systems, so why they’re tiptoeing around a Neo CD version is perplexing to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Based on what I know now about Neo CD development, you need to program the Disc to work on both CD systems. Pixel Heart didn’t do this with Bang Bead, so my copy won’t work on the CDZ. The new games that we’ve pre-ordered from them (like Neo Drift) will work on both Neo CD systems, so why they’re tiptoeing around a Neo CD version is perplexing to say the least.

Yes of coarse. The CDZ has copy protection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Played some Matriemelee on the MVS tonight because I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep. I apologize for the video quality; it didn’t come out as sharp as my MVS for some reason.

Thank you for sharing this with us Mike. I like Matrimelee for the Neo-Geo. A weird fighting game I thought it is, but a fun one no doubt.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

150k is the next #GladMort goal  This next goal will unlock a training mode with a new map and 10 mini challenges to become the best black knight  Support the project : https://kck.st/4bh5LBU #NeoGeo #neogeoaes #neogeomvs #Dreamcast #Plarformer #GhoulsnGhosts #MetalSlug

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[Announcement] COMBO BREAKER 2024 has been certified as a qualifier for the SNK World Championship! The winner of the #KOFXV tournament will be invited to the finals of Championship on 2025. https://start.gg/tournament/combo-breaker-2024/ *Details of SWC 2025 will be announced at a later date. #SWC2025

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【とめまる2024】 真サムライスピリッツ~サブカル、とめまるの陣~ 会場内eスポーツでは大会を開催!参加賞から優勝賞品まで用意しています!今回使う機種はNEOGEO。初s者大歓迎の大会です。参加無料尚且つ祭り内のイベント! #SNK #NEOGEO #ネオジオ #サムスピ #真サム #とめまる #コスプレ
[Tomemaru 2024] True Samurai Spirits: Subculture, Tomemaru no Jin An e-sports tournament will be held at the venue! We have prizes for participation and for the winner! The machine we will be using this time is NEOGEO. Beginners are welcome in this tournament. It's free to participate and it's a festival event! #SNK #NEOGEO #ネオジオ #サムスピ #真サム #とめまる #コスプレ
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GNntLA6bAAIIASt?format=png&name=360x360

GNntP2kaEAAohIh?format=jpg&name=360x360

GNntUvxaUAAM31U?format=jpg&name=360x360

GNntWqoaQAEHe05?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

New sets of ACA Neg Geo called ACA2Neo Geo incoming for PS5 & Xbox. These will also include a Time Attack mode but most importantly Network Mode - aka Online play!!! #アーケードアーカイブス #アケアカ #ネオジオ #アケアカ2ネオジオ

Anthony...