IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

NEW VIDEO! The Summer of the 100 Mega Shock comes to a close with METAL SLUG! Featuring the lovely voices of
@HotCyder  and @dyhptg
! #retrogames #retrogaming https://youtube.com/watch?v=bDRlgCJvYhk

And now the video.

Anthony..

3 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

Thank you again for sharing this with us Paul. Le Cortex went bankrupt a few years later and they also did the game Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon that was suppose to be for the Neo-Geo as well....It never happen.

Anthony.. 

18 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I asked one of my friends about Athena and he agrees that Athena's new look is weird. Looking at it again, I don't think it's bad, but it doesn't really look like Athena. Still better than 2001, though. What were they thinking with that design? I actually don't want to know, so pretend I didn't ask. 

I know for a fact that there's quite a few SNK employees/representatives that come by to look around the Neo-Geo thread here after the many Q&A articles with me and @Adriano Arcade did with them Steve.....But look at this!! This was posted on one of their official Twitter accounts. They see and listen on what we post bro.  ?

アテナちゃんの新衣装、可愛いですよね~! 毎回衣装チェンジがあるので、わかりやすいように並べてみました! どれも素敵ですが、みなさんはどのアテナちゃんがお気に入りですか? #SNK #KOF #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by

Athena's new outfit is cute, isn't it! There is a costume change every time, so I arranged them for easy understanding! Everything is nice, but which Athena-chan do you like? #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より8月5日まで新イベント「Road to Everlasting Summer」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「シードラゴン」や「海の民」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210730_01d9g6d.html

[MSA Notice] A new event "Road to Everlasting Summer" is being held from today to August 5th! Clear the stage and get "Sea Dragon" and "Sea People"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210730_01d9g6d.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「ドラコー&ポッケ」を追加しました! 8月5日まで開放されるフィーバークランクから獲得できます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210729_03t2in8.html

[MSA update information] A new unit "Draco & Pocket" has been added! You can get it from the Fever Crank that will be open until August 5th! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210729_03t2in8.html

Anthony..

I grabbed a copy of Art of Fighting 2 for AES, it's a game I've already got and finished on the CD but it's within the cheaper range for AES. I imagine the next 2 or 3 games I get will be similar but I'm considering getting Riding Hero which will be new for me. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for games for AES in the <100 £/$ range? 

4 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

I grabbed a copy of Art of Fighting 2 for AES, it's a game I've already got and finished on the CD but it's within the cheaper range for AES. I imagine the next 2 or 3 games I get will be similar but I'm considering getting Riding Hero which will be new for me. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for games for AES in the <100 £/$ range? 

Hi Mike,

Excellent purchase on Art of Fighting 2. :thumbsup: What games in your AES library do you have now? I have a few in mind that can be added to your list if they aren't in your collection already.

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Mikebloke said:

In the meanwhile Mike, I do have games in mind to help build a library without affecting the wallet and is in the less than, and in the 100 £/$ range that are still inexpensive to buy.

Now I have to point out that they are all in Japanese, but are cheaper to purchase to save good money. Hope this helps Mike. :)

Fatal Fury 2

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Samurai Shodown 1

Samurai Shodown 2

World Heroes 2

World Heroes 2 Jet

Fire Suplex

Super Sidekicks 2

King of Fighters 94

King of Fighters 95

King of Fighters 96

King of Fighters 97

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I know for a fact that there's quite a few SNK employees/representatives that come by to look around the Neo-Geo thread here after the many Q&A articles with me and @Adriano Arcade did with them Steve.....But look at this!! This was posted on one of their official Twitter accounts. They see and listen on what we post bro.  ?

アテナちゃんの新衣装、可愛いですよね~! 毎回衣装チェンジがあるので、わかりやすいように並べてみました! どれも素敵ですが、みなさんはどのアテナちゃんがお気に入りですか? #SNK #KOF #KOF15

Athena's new outfit is cute, isn't it! There is a costume change every time, so I arranged them for easy understanding! Everything is nice, but which Athena-chan do you like? #SNK#KOF#KOF15

lol maybe I shouldn't say too much about using the ROM-loading carts, then!

Still, if SNK is reading, hopefully they know that we want more rereleases of Neo Turf Masters/Big Tournament Golf in the future, not Top Player's Golf! I know they like to rerelease Top Player's Golf instead of Neo Turf Masters, but I'd prefer it if it was the other way around!

On Athena, my buddy said that '98's design is best. I'll take pretty much any of them aside from the horrible 2001 and the really weird-looking one from XII. Hell, I'll even take this new one from XV as long as it isn't the one from 2001!

2 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

In the meanwhile Mike, I do have games in mind to help build a library without affecting the wallet and is in the less than, and in the 100 £/$ range that are still inexpensive to buy.

Now I have to point out that they are all in Japanese, but are cheaper to purchase to save good money. Hope this helps Mike. :)

Fatal Fury 2

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Samurai Shodown 1

Samurai Shodown 2

World Heroes 2

World Heroes 2 Jet

Fire Suplex

Super Sidekicks 2

King of Fighters 94

King of Fighters 95

King of Fighters 96

King of Fighters 97

Anthony...

Yeah, a lot of those are super cheap. Samurai Spirits can be found for 1980 yen or so and Garou Densetsu Special is around 3000 yen max, both CIB. making those the 2 cheapest games on the system that I know of.

• Like 1

Pulsar is a great looking title on Neogeo but it's so slow with way too much trial and error and odd stage design to be enjoyable. But it's well animated and very clean for 2D.

But in the other end you have Blazingstar, which uses nice prerendered graphics but isn't as clean. It's much faster but also way too easy (for me), and the stage design doesn't present much challenge.

I need a shooter that balances the elements of both. That's what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Fatal Fury 2

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Samurai Shodown 1

Samurai Shodown 2

World Heroes 2

World Heroes 2 Jet

Fire Suplex

Super Sidekicks 2

King of Fighters 94

King of Fighters 95

King of Fighters 96

King of Fighters 97

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony, I do have Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown 2, it's the only other ones I have so far. I will probably grab the others on your list at some point but want to grab a few games I don't have yet. Fire Suplex / 3 Count Bout would be the only one I don't have on CD so that might be worth looking into. Going to wait for payday to make sure I don't go overboard and I'll grab a few! I don't mind anything that doesn't have an English option, got the romcart for that if I really need to know what anything says! 

7 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

Pulsar is a great looking title on Neogeo but it's so slow with way too much trial and error and odd stage design to be enjoyable. But it's well animated and very clean for 2D.

But in the other end you have Blazingstar, which uses nice prerendered graphics but isn't as clean. It's much faster but also way too easy (for me), and the stage design doesn't present much challenge.

I need a shooter that balances the elements of both. That's what I'm looking for.

Hi Leeroy,

Forgive me if this was mention before (I forgot).How about Zed Blade by NMK in 1994 for the Neo-Geo MVS Leeroy. It was before Blazing Star and Pulstar. But it's a good shump that holds it's on ground.

As for others, Hmmm...Well, there's this one game that's really quirky and unusual in which it was developed by Visco in 1999. It's called Captain Tomaday, and it was launched on the Neo Geo MVS only as well. It's a fun and well animated design title. Challenging? I guess that depends on the player. But enjoyable (IMO) I think you'll like it Leeroy.

Anthony..

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Oh man! That's another issue I had with Athena Steve. Her man legs in the later versions of her design. I mean, it just didn't fit her body and style at all. Where was upper management to over see her on this one? ?

But yeah Steve, a good amount SNK employees come by the thread to see what we offer. Maybe they will take into consideration with Neo Turf Masters on their future ports. 

That's right. Even when I started my AES endeavors Steve, Samurai Sprits I, II, Garou Densetsu 2, Special, and 3 were so cheap that I purchased them right away. And amazingly, they looked like they came off the assembly line from Hit-Japan at the time. Good deals at the time for sure. :)

Anthony..

3 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Thanks Anthony, I do have Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown 2, it's the only other ones I have so far. I will probably grab the others on your list at some point but want to grab a few games I don't have yet. Fire Suplex / 3 Count Bout would be the only one I don't have on CD so that might be worth looking into. Going to wait for payday to make sure I don't go overboard and I'll grab a few! I don't mind anything that doesn't have an English option, got the romcart for that if I really need to know what anything says! 

You're welcome Mike. Glad to be a helping hand with this list. Feel free to let us know if we can assist you further. Will be glad to do so bro. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @NeoGunloc. Here we see him with the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro. Awesome as always Rob. :thumbsup: :)

From the description,

"Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro / SNK Neo-Geo / The Wicked Gamer & Collector / Neo Gunloc As you may know, I am a big SNK Neo-Geo fan, and I own both a Neo-Geo AES and a toploader CD console. Now I have had the Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro in my collection for about 7 or 8 months now. It is the follow-up to SNK's polarizing Neo-Geo Mini and came pre-loaded with 20 fighting games. After having unlocked 20 additional games via the official website (including the awesome Metal Slug series) I take a look at what it's like to own the Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro in 2021. And a very special thanks to my buddy The Wicked Gamer & Collector for making this video possible."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

ivsKBb1g_bigger.jpg

#ニコニコ漫画 夏のマンガ祭り」スタート! 『#八神庵の異世界無双』も1,2話に加えて第3話「騎士の責任」が無料公開中です!! 夏休みのお供に是非お楽しみください! 最新コミックス④巻も絶賛発売中です ニコニコ漫画TOP▼ https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750?track=official_trial_l2

"#ニコニコ漫画 "Summer Manga Festival" started! "#八神庵の異世界無双 ], In addition to episodes 1 and 2, episode 3 "Knight's Responsibility" is now available for free !! Please enjoy it with your summer vacation! Latest comics ④ Volume is also on sale Nico Nico cartoon TOP ▼ https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750?track=official_trial_l2

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KADOKAWA コミックヒューにて『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』(原作:天河信彦先生)25話目更新です。 4巻発売中です。 よろしくお願いいたします。 https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750

https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4046805579/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_55XKC224GYTJAY3GWP0A

At KADOKAWA Comic Hugh, "THE KING OF FANTASY Yagami-an's different world Musou remember every time you see it! (Original: Professor Nobuhiko Amakawa) The 25th episode has been updated. 4 volumes are on sale. Thank you. https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750

https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4046805579/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_55XKC224GYTJAY3GWP0A

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Here’s the latest KOF XV character silhouette, coming in hot! The next character trailer will go live Aug 11th (PDT)! Don’t miss it! >SNK YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony...

5 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi Leeroy,

Forgive me if this was mention before (I forgot).How about Zed Blade by NMK in 1994 for the Neo-Geo MVS Leeroy. It was before Blazing Star and Pulstar. But it's a good shump that holds it's on ground.

As for others, Hmmm...Well, there's this one game that's really quirky and unusual in which it was developed by Visco in 1999. It's called Captain Tomaday, and it was launched on the Neo Geo MVS only as well. It's a fun and well animated design title. Challenging? I guess that depends on the player. But enjoyable (IMO) I think you'll like it Leeroy.

Anthony..

I'm aware of both games and they are fun, but I was wondering if there were other visual shooters that had good balance.

One thing about the better looking NG shooters is that they all seem to come witch a cache.

Speaking of tried replaying Blues Journey and Magician lord, they are early games but I'm surprised how good Magician lords soundtrack is but man is that a hard game. You can tell it was made to take your quarters.

I liked the attempt to hybrid rpg elements in Blues Journey but it's a bit flawed. I think Spin master may he the best platformer but I can't think of very many other platformers on the system I dont count Metal Slug in that category 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Fatal Fury 2

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Samurai Shodown 1

Samurai Shodown 2

World Heroes 2

World Heroes 2 Jet

Fire Suplex

Super Sidekicks 2

King of Fighters 94

King of Fighters 95

King of Fighters 96

King of Fighters 97

Anthony...

Alternatively you can get cheaper Neo Geo CD games, but there's loading in some very odd or inconvenient places in many games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

I'm aware of both games and they are fun, but I was wondering if there were other visual shooters that had good balance.

One thing about the better looking NG shooters is that they all seem to come witch a cache.

Speaking of tried replaying Blues Journey and Magician lord, they are early games but I'm surprised how good Magician lords soundtrack is but man is that a hard game. You can tell it was made to take your quarters.

I liked the attempt to hybrid rpg elements in Blues Journey but it's a bit flawed. I think Spin master may he the best platformer but I can't think of very many other platformers on the system I dont count Metal Slug in that category 

Magician Lord happens to be the game that introduced me to the Neo-Geo Leeroy. I love that game so much and still is my favorite Neo-Geo title of all time. Speaking of the soundtrack, have you seen this bro? I have the CD and Vinyl soundtracks in the collection. Worth having for sure. :)

https://www.wayorecords.com/en/

magician-lord-original-soundtrack-vinyl.

Magician Lord Original Soundtrack (CD)

Here's a video of the record in action Leeroy.

Anthony..

14 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Magician Lord happens to be the game that introduced me to the Neo-Geo Leeroy. I love that game so much and still is my favorite Neo-Geo title of all time. Speaking of the soundtrack, have you seen this bro? I have the CD and Vinyl soundtracks in the collection. Worth having for sure. :)

https://www.wayorecords.com/en/

magician-lord-original-soundtrack-vinyl.

Magician Lord Original Soundtrack (CD)

Here's a video of the record in action Leeroy.

Anthony..

I didn't know about this, though too bad there's no arranged soundtrack.

Stage 1 will always be a favorite.

2 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

I didn't know about this, though too bad there's no arranged soundtrack.

Stage 1 will always be a favorite.

Dale of Evil Gods Stage 1 is just so amazingly done. I use to use my imagination growing up as a boy pretending to be Elta from Magician Lord and saving the land with the satage theme Leeroy. :)

Also Leeroy, one of our Neo-Geo thread contributors was kind to take a music request for me regarding it. His name is CelestiC. Just so cool. :)

Anthony..