IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

If you check the comments section in the video I posted, Gladmort is only coming to the AES. That stinks.

If this is true, I won’t be buying it. I really want an MVS version.

And CD! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Purchased this today. Managed to knock the price down from £50 to £40.

s-l1600.jpg

I have Viewpoint on CD and it’s a great game. It’s basically Zaxxon with balls! 😂 

The boss battles are incredibly difficult, though. Nice price on a fantastic purchase, @shane857!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm glad that Glatmort's production is going swimmingly and Chips on Steroids is going to be the next Wayforward or Yacht Club Games. (In a good way, I might add.)

Same here Shane. Glad that the team is making so much progress in so little time. I can't wait to pre-order the game. @ColecoGamer is right though. It looks like the MVS and CD will be excluded, but if the demand is there, I'm sure they will reconsider. Maybe they will surprise us in the campaign. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Purchased this today. Managed to knock the price down from £50 to £40.

YES!YES!YES!! My man Shane purchased Viewpoint for the NGCD. So glad that you did and at an even lower price and secured the deal on obtaining this gem of a title for your unit. This one I really would love to know your opinion towards it bro. It's my brothers favorite game and we use to throw are hands in the air due to frustration on always getting defeated on the first level growing up.

This made my day Shane, thank you for taking Viewpoint into consideration. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @FGFchris Here we see him doing a great video on soundtrcks from the King of Fighters series. NICE! :)

From the description,

"Some of my personal favorite tracks from classic KOF by the super skilled SNK Sound Team. From 1994-2000, here's my selections, much luv! **Background art by me (FGF Chris) 0:00-4:25- Esaka '98 4:25-8:40- 176th Street 8:40-12:15- Ketchaku 12:15-15:02- Base Crawls on the Earth 15:02-19:28- Control Crisis 19:28-23:53- Sha-La-La 23:53-28:14- Wild Party 28:14-32:29- Sadistic Eyes 32:29-36:05- Funky Esaka 36:05-40:38- Bloody 40:38-44:56- Long Horned Beetle 44:56-49:21- Still Green 49:21-52:54- Club-M Blue Sky Flute 52:54-57:36- Saxophone Storm II 57:36-1:01:48- Psycho Soldier '94 1:01:48-1:05:54- KD-0079 1:05:54-1:10:10- Inner Shade 1:10:10-1:14:53- W.W. III 1:14:53-1:19:54- Rhythmic Hallucination 1:19:54-1:24:56- Fairy 1:24:56-1:29:10- Tears 1:29:10-1:33:50- Zero"

Anthony..

On 4/23/2024 at 11:50 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hey SSF,

Great to see you back with us brother man. Glad you enjoy all the material that we share here on the Neo-Geo thread and helps put you in a positive mood. We enjoy your videos that you share on YouTube and always a pleasure to have you on with us kind sir. Keep up the great work you offer for us to benefit in the community. :)

Anthony...

oh Im always here, just cant post regularly cause life gets in the way of the games!  But love what you do and always enjoy the new Neo Geo news :)

• Like 1

The more I think about it, Sunsoft, SNK, and DC Comics should have negotiated to create Neo Geo ports of the former's two Batman games. Then again, there was the Atari Games/Tengen Batman and what Acclaim and Iguana did with Batman Forever: The Arcade Game. (Neo Batman would have been awesome to have.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I have Viewpoint on CD and it’s a great game. It’s basically Zaxxon with balls! 😂 

The boss battles are incredibly difficult, though. Nice price on a fantastic purchase, @shane857!

oh I love viewpoint!  The music in that game is so JAMMIN'!  idky but my favorite is actually the Genesis port.  Something about all that sprite flicker pushing the hardware to the MAX, haha.  Third level music is best and yeah, boss battles are tough!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

The more I think about it, Sunsoft, SNK, and DC Comics should have negotiated to create Neo Geo ports of the former's two Batman games. Then again, there was the Atari Games/Tengen Batman and what Acclaim and Iguana did with Batman Forever: The Arcade Game. (Neo Batman would have been awesome to have.)

Neo Batman...I like the sound of that Slidel. Would've love to see how that game would've turn out for the Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, segasonicfan_designs said:

oh Im always here, just cant post regularly cause life gets in the way of the games!  But love what you do and always enjoy the new Neo Geo news :)

Good to know and thank you SSF. A pleasure having you on and we can't wait t see what you have to post next for us to view from you bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Compete in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV and win a trip to Evo! Sign up for PlayStation Tournaments: Road to Evo 2024 now. >Details here https://playst.cc/road-to-evo-2024 #KOFXV #KOF15 #Evo2024

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#EVOJapan2024 会場マップを公開! コンセプト「EVO LAND」に基づいたレトロなデザインマップも登場! #EVOJ24 Venue Maps available w/ the "EVO LAND" Concept Map! Feel the nostalgia from the pixel art. https://evojapan.gg/news/60045
Translated from Japanese by
#EVOJapan2024 Venue map released! A retro design map based on the concept "EVO LAND" is also available! #EVOJ24 Venue Maps available with the "EVO LAND" Concept Map! Feel the nostalgia from pixel art. https://evojapan.gg/news/60045
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GMEET02bwAA0s4u?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMEEa2WaIAABirA?format=jpg&name=small

GMEEbNkaIAEQtCX?format=jpg&name=small

GMEEbuFbEAACkrP?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

#EVOJapan2024 公式配信チャンネル、パートナーチャンネル一覧を公開 世界各地で一体となって熱狂を感じよう。 #EVOJ24 List of official streaming channels and partner channels! Feel the HYPE together! https://evojapan.gg/news/60052
#EVOJapan2024 Official distribution channel and partner channel list released. Let's feel the excitement together all over the world. #EVOJ24 List of official streaming channels and partner channels! Feel the HYPE together! https://evojapan.gg/news/60052

GMEE5N0bwAAqn1X?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMEE549aoAApfYb?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMEE6o5bEAAXF2Q?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMEE7UibwAAhxBj?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Great article regarding Gladmort for the Neo-Geo from Time Extension. :) Chipsonsteroids gave us the heads up yesterday. 

PixelHeart Teases News On Its Ghosts n' Goblins-Esque Neo Geo Game 'Gladmort'

More information to come in the next few days

by Jack Yarwood  Yesterday, 11:30am

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/pixelheart-teases-news-on-its-ghosts-n-goblins-esque-neo-geo-game-gladmort

The publisher PixelHeart seems to be gearing up to make an announcement about its upcoming Ghost 'n Goblins-esque title Gladmort, putting out a video today asking for the community's help to take the Neo Geo game even further and promising more news shortly.

Gladmort, in case you've never heard of it, is a promising run 'n gunner that is scheduled to come to the Neo Geo MVS, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo-CD in 2024, and is being developed by Chips on Steroids — who previously made Neotris.

It was originally announced back in May 2023 on Twitter and was later shown off at a couple of French gaming conventions, including Stunfest 2023 and Retro Gaming Play 2024, with some videos and images from the game surfacing at these events.

PixelHeart itself hasn't shared much about the title on social media in terms of official screenshots or trailers, but that all seems to be about to change, with the company posting a video that seems to indicate some official news is finally on the way.

The short message featured in the video reads:

"Our bad guy needs your support in 2024. Help us take the game further. May 2024. Neo Geo."

As you'll no doubt notice, Gladmort isn't explicitly named in the video — likely in an attempt to add a further bit of mystery to the announcement — but one of the characters that is displayed in the background seems to be a 1:1 match the protagonist as shown in some of the public demos.

We're not entirely sure what this announcement will be, but judging from the reference to "support" and "help", we suspect it may have something to do with crowdfunding.

Anthony...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Great article regarding Gladmort for the Neo-Geo from Time Extension. :) Chipsonsteroids gave us the heads up yesterday. 

PixelHeart Teases News On Its Ghosts n' Goblins-Esque Neo Geo Game 'Gladmort'

More information to come in the next few days

by Jack Yarwood  Yesterday, 11:30am

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/pixelheart-teases-news-on-its-ghosts-n-goblins-esque-neo-geo-game-gladmort

The publisher PixelHeart seems to be gearing up to make an announcement about its upcoming Ghost 'n Goblins-esque title Gladmort, putting out a video today asking for the community's help to take the Neo Geo game even further and promising more news shortly.

Gladmort, in case you've never heard of it, is a promising run 'n gunner that is scheduled to come to the Neo Geo MVS, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo-CD in 2024, and is being developed by Chips on Steroids — who previously made Neotris.

It was originally announced back in May 2023 on Twitter and was later shown off at a couple of French gaming conventions, including Stunfest 2023 and Retro Gaming Play 2024, with some videos and images from the game surfacing at these events.

PixelHeart itself hasn't shared much about the title on social media in terms of official screenshots or trailers, but that all seems to be about to change, with the company posting a video that seems to indicate some official news is finally on the way.

The short message featured in the video reads:

"Our bad guy needs your support in 2024. Help us take the game further. May 2024. Neo Geo."

As you'll no doubt notice, Gladmort isn't explicitly named in the video — likely in an attempt to add a further bit of mystery to the announcement — but one of the characters that is displayed in the background seems to be a 1:1 match the protagonist as shown in some of the public demos.

We're not entirely sure what this announcement will be, but judging from the reference to "support" and "help", we suspect it may have something to do with crowdfunding.

Anthony...

Gladmort is coming to MVS and Neo CD? @shane857, did you hear that? It’s coming to Neo CD! Since I’ve already spent too much money, I’ll buy the Neo Geo CD version instead. The wife looks at me sideways when I mention expensive new releases on MVs. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Gladmort is coming to MVS and Neo CD? @shane857, did you hear that? It’s coming to Neo CD! Since I’ve already spent too much money, I’ll buy the Neo Geo CD version instead. The wife looks at me sideways when I mention expensive new releases on MVs. Lol

Looks awesome bro! I'm definitely purchasing it. 👍🏻

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with our pal Dr.Volk. Here we see the kind gentleman revisiting Magician Lord for the Neo-Geo. So glad to see him playing this fantastic gem of a title again. So let's dive right in in see what he has to say and watch his great gaming skills in action. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Episode 1 (Part 1), "Return of the Mag," has been abbreviated as "Ep 1" for your convenience

MAGICIAN LORD IS BACK! Long-time commenter @Charlie-Cat. desired a rerun of his very first request on this channel and my first NEO-GEO game, back from 2018! Naturally, I couldn't deny his request. This is Magician Lord, the story about Elta, the last descendant of the legendary Magician Lord, who goes on a quest to stop the evil Gul-Ageize (or Gal Agiese, as the game says) from collecting the 8 spellbooks that contain the Dark Lord Az-Atorse, and resurrecting him! It's been 6 long years. My gaming, commentary, and editing skills have improved significantly. Will I be able to run through this game faster than before? Let's find out... THIS TIME on Dr. Volk! If you're reading this description: if you were a wizard or witch, what would your wizard name be? Mine would be something along the lines of Quivold Amethyst, maybe- Comment below!"

Anthony..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH】 『KOF XV』トーナメント出場選手全員にオリジナルTシャツをプレゼント中です。 ※受付にてKOF XVエントリーパスをお見せください。 #KOFXV #KOF15
[EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH] We are giving away original T-shirts to all participants in the "KOF XV" tournament. ※ Please show your KOF XV entry pass at the reception. #KOFXV #KOF15

GMI0RTYboAATazy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH】 フォトスポットで撮影&X投稿! 『餓狼伝説CotW』クリアファイルをもらおう! #CotW
[EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH] Take photos at the photo spots and post them! Get a "Garou Densetsu CotW" clear file! #CotW

GMIle27bEAA7XN_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..