IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より11月11日まで新イベント「UNITED FRONT THE 38TH」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「ゴールデンクラスティレッグス」や「ゴールデンジャポネス戦車」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211105_01m8r0g.html
Translated from Japanese by
[MSA Notice] A new event "UNITED FRONT THE 38TH" is being held from today to November 11th! Clear the stage and get "Golden Crusty Legs" and "Golden Japanes Tank"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211105_01m8r0g.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 11月11日まで「SPECIAL AUTUMN CAMPAIGN STEP UP CRANK」を開催! 「エリザヴェータ/エイトエイト/魔導剣王ダミアン」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211108_01y9f1j.html
[MSA update information] "SPECIAL AUTUMN CAMPAIGN STEP UP CRANK" will be held until November 11th! You can get "Elizaveta / Eight Eight / Magic Sword King Damian"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20211108_01y9f1j.html

Anthony..

On 11/7/2021 at 2:56 AM, fdurso224 said:

That's awesome Pancho. The temptation was to great to ignore with Mai. Glad you made the move to buy it and will be adding it to your already awesome collection. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

You bet, if you see Mai somewhere, i'm not usually too far! ? With KOf XIV i got the USA Limited Edition mainly because it has a gorgeous illustration of Mai in the cover of the music CDs and nearly payed 50€ (including a middleman) in an auction for a code of a Mai theme for PS4 (exclusive at the time for getting KOF XIV in Amazon Japan)... thank goodness there was somebody *even* more stupid than myself who beat me... it was given for free a couple of months later! ?

14 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Japanese store promo standee for Fatal Fury 3, for the Neo Geo AES. There is no more appropriate commentary on the size of Neo Geo carts than pointing out that the store display isn’t even as large as the product.  #SNK #NeoGeo #Retrogaming

Anthony...

Mai is no where to be seen but i would love to have that standee of my favourite NeoGeo game!.

14 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

#NeoGeo #MagicianLord  i love this early #90s NeoGeo game. When I first finished the game, it was a special moment to me. A great game to beat, either #NeoGeoAES #NeoGeoMVS #NeoGeoCD this game is tough  #sonypvm #crt #arcadegames #arcade #scanlines #insertcoin #1990 #SNK

Anthony..

I think Magician Lord is a quite special game, it has all the bullshit of the arcade games at the time of getting killed just for breathing (even more so the CD version in a PAL console, the floor doesn't display properly) but it has a very special atmosphere, plays great, has superb sound and graphics... and everything together makes it unique.

• Like 2

Okay, here's a weird one, a Samurai Shodown 2/Fatal Fury 3 dual-jewel set.  I've been spending money on win95-winXP gaming, and picked up this little set. I've always liked the dual-jewel boxes, which were budget repacks sold at discount stores (walmart/target/etc.) in the early to mid 2000's. They're neat because the box opens up two ways, kind of like those Jacob's ladder toys. Since it's sealed and my setup doesn't currently have an optical drive, I don't plan to open it, but from what I see in the video at the bottom, these are pretty nice conversions, and I'll have to track them down some other way, and try them out on my setup. Also the actual jewel cases inside these are plain without any art/inserts, so there isn't much to see except disc art.

UaTod1y.jpg kWa8eIG.jpg

ZpHx6dc.jpg APjbmLB.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Okay, here's a weird one, a Samurai Shodown 2/Fatal Fury 3 dual-jewel set.  I've been spending money on win95-winXP gaming, and picked up this little set. I've always liked the dual-jewel boxes, which were budget repacks sold at discount stores (walmart/target/etc.) in the early to mid 2000's. They're neat because the box opens up two ways, kind of like those Jacob's ladder toys. Since it's sealed and my setup doesn't currently have an optical drive, I don't plan to open it, but from what I see in the video at the bottom, these are pretty nice conversions, and I'll have to track them down some other way, and try them out on my setup. Also the actual jewel cases inside these are plain without any art/inserts, so there isn't much to see except disc art.

UaTod1y.jpg kWa8eIG.jpg

ZpHx6dc.jpg APjbmLB.jpg

Cool! first time i have seem that double pack. If i remember right those were pretty much the NeoGeo CD version which is a plus in my book, I'm sure there are some small differences with the arcade somewhere but both are pretty much arcade perfect unlike later NeoGeo CD games; for me (and putting the loading times aside ?) the NeoGeo CD version are the better ones thanks to the CD soundtracks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

I think Magician Lord is a quite special game, it has all the bullshit of the arcade games at the time of getting killed just for breathing (even more so the CD version in a PAL console, the floor doesn't display properly) but it has a very special atmosphere, plays great, has superb sound and graphics... and everything together makes it unique.

Hahaha. So true Pancho. I couldn't have said it that great like you did bro. Magician Lord was the first game I ever played for the Neo-Geo. I would spend so many tokens just trying to get pass the boss in Stage 1. Was it worth it? It sure was. It was also the game that made me a Neo-Geo buff ever since.

I don't remember correctly what was the second game I played. Maybe it was NAM-1975 seeing it was the game selection choice next to Magician Lord.  :)

Anthony..

4 hours ago, Reaperman said:

WOW! You have the dual jewel set Reaper? Nice! I always wanted to have them and had the chance to buy the set when CompUSA was still around back in the 1990's. I didn't do so since we were saving to repair our computer and passed on it. Too bad. I wish I purchased it instead. :(

But glad you have it in your collection Reaper. Everything looks good for their age. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

【好評発売中!】KOF2000 トレーディングミニアクリルパネル KOF2000のドットがおしゃれなミニアクリルパネルで登場♪全36種からお気に入りのキャラクターを手に入れてください!※ブラインド商品の特性上、同じ絵柄が続けて出る場合があります。ご了承ください。 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699056.html #SNK #KOF2000
[On sale now!] KOF2000 Trading Mini Acrylic Panel KOF2000 dots are now available in a fashionable mini-acrylic panel ♪ Get your favorite character from all 36 types!※ Due to the characteristics of blind products, the same pattern may appear in succession. note that. https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699056.html #SNK#KOF2000

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「江坂の人々 第4弾」をデスクに飾ってみました! (手で隠してるのはシークレットです) 魅力的な大人の女性が揃ってます なくなり次第終了になりますので、欲しい方はお早めに #SNK #江坂の人々
I displayed "Esaka People 4th" on my desk! (The secret is hidden by hand) We have attractive adult women  It will end as soon as it runs out, so if you want it, please do so as soon as possible. #SNK#江坂の人々

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOF15の公式サイトで、各キャラの好きな食べ物を見てると、見たことのない食べ物の名前があったりして面白いですよね (イスラのチレニートスとか、ダイナソーのパラサウロロフス(食べ物?)とか) みなさんの好きな食べ物って何ですか? #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #マーピー
If you look at the favorite foods of each character on the official website of KOF15, it is interesting that there are names of foods that you have never seen. (Isla's Chirenitos, Dinosaur's Parasaurolophus (food?), Etc.) What is your favorite food? #SNK#KOF#KOF15#マーピー

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Today i played #SamuraiShodown on #XboxSeriesX at glorious #120FPS #LGOLED  This Game by #SNK has such smooth visuals in the #FGC world this is something I wanna see with #SFV #SoulCaliburVI #MortalKombat11 #GuiltyGearStrive #KingofFightersXV #fightinggames #FREEMVC2 #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#NeoGeo is so great and always will have a special place in my heart  My very first encounter with NeoGeo was back in the very early #90s Today in Germany i am one of the biggest NeoGeo hardware collectors  #NeoGeoAES #NeoGeoMVS #NeoGeoCD #NeoGeo4Slot #NeoGeo2Slot #CMVS

Anthony...

22 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hahaha. So true Pancho. I couldn't have said it that great like you did bro. Magician Lord was the first game I ever played for the Neo-Geo. I would spend so many tokens just trying to get pass the boss in Stage 1. Was it worth it? It sure was. It was also the game that made me a Neo-Geo buff ever since.

I don't remember correctly what was the second game I played. Maybe it was NAM-1975 seeing it was the game selection choice next to Magician Lord.  :)

Anthony..

I think i have mentioned it before but for reasons i don't really understand myself, any NeoGeo collection must have 2 games... Blue's Journey and Magician Lord... after that you can add Kizuna Encounter, KOF 98 or whatever you like. Kid of like if you one to know what Snes is all about, first play Mario World and Mario Kart... then all the Ranma 1/2 games! ?

Magician Lord was one of my first NeoGeo games too and it really impressed me but i can't say exactly which was my first NG game as one day i arrived to my local my arcade center and they had like 4 or 5 brand new multislot MVS with pretty much the whole lineup at the time so it was really impressing havig the chance to play so many new games (and so little money to play them ?), i mean the arcade center wasn't that big so it nearly doubled the amount of games in one go!. A favourite of mine was King of Monsters as i love kaijus, too bad i had no idea how to play it... like if i reduced the enemy's life bar to zero i should have won... but nope, it was a litle more complex than that ?...

7 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

I think i have mentioned it before but for reasons i don't really understand myself, any NeoGeo collection must have 2 games... Blue's Journey and Magician Lord... after that you can add Kizuna Encounter, KOF 98 or whatever you like. Kid of like if you one to know what Snes is all about, first play Mario World and Mario Kart... then all the Ranma 1/2 games! ?

Magician Lord was one of my first NeoGeo games too and it really impressed me but i can't say exactly which was my first NG game as one day i arrived to my local my arcade center and they had like 4 or 5 brand new multislot MVS with pretty much the whole lineup at the time so it was really impressing havig the chance to play so many new games (and so little money to play them ?), i mean the arcade center wasn't that big so it nearly doubled the amount of games in one go!. A favourite of mine was King of Monsters as i love kaijus, too bad i had no idea how to play it... like if i reduced the enemy's life bar to zero i should have won... but nope, it was a litle more complex than that ?...

My favorite Neo-Geo game Magician Lord Pancho. The game that made me a buff since. I always wanted to sent a letter to ADK for developing such an incredible title. Too bad a sequel never became officially available. I always wonder how it would've been like if it was. Who knows, maybe I would've enjoyed it....maybe not. Oh well. I guess it's best to leave it unanswered. 

WOW! 4-5 brand new multislot MVS units Pancho. I never seen that many in an arcade establishment before bro. Seeing that you did. That must've been one heck of an experience to the those all together.  :)

Anthony..

You know what would've been cool Pando? A Ranma 1/2 game in a style of a Beat 'em up for the arcade and home console. I always felt SNK should've had a game from the franchise to be offered onto the Neo-Geo. I personally would be popular to play and own in the collection.  

Hi guys,

【予約受付中】KOF15 ロムパッケージセット 大好評のNEOGEOロムパッケージを模したBOXが、KOF XVでも登場! BOXの中にはゲームソフトと、限定版だけに付属する「オリジナルサウンドトラック」「オリジナルアートブック」が入っています♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=KOFXVROM #SNK #KOF #KOF15
[Reservations are being accepted  ] KOF15 Rom Package Set A BOX that imitates the popular NEOGEO Rom Package is now available on KOF XV! The BOX contains the game software and the "original soundtrack" and "original art book" that come only with the limited edition.♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=KOFXVROM #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this offline tournament with KOF XV OBT via our e-sports support program! #SNK #KOFXV https://smash.gg/tournament/revolution-20xx-xtend/

Quote Tweet

wfNOhCI8_mini.jpg

NGI (Revolution 20XX -Xtend- 19th - 21st Nov.)

@NGIEvents
· Oct 29

Joining the Revolution 20XX -Xtend- lineup is... The King of Fighters XV! With the recent announcement of the Open Beta dates operating during Revo, we've decided to host a free to enter tournament (for those with Saturday entry). Entry for KOFXV will be on the day itself.
Show this thread

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Who's the newest character coming to KOF XV? Tune into tomorrow's character trailer to find out! Visit SNK's Official YouTube Channel for more info! >SNK YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame #SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More on the progress on the upcoming Eye of the Typhoon. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Teot Beta is coming soon ! Prepare yourself if you always dreamed of being involved into arcade game development :) more informations soon on : https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot

Anthony..

• Like 1

since you asked, here is some footage of me playing. its not neo geo related. I would have PMed you, but I cannot. I am player 2/Scorpion @24:00. Steve/Stephanie/16bits ass is talking about back in springfield Aladdin's Castle I would sell him fatality lists and stuff for five bucks. There is a FULL version of this tournament on GGA's channel but its hard to just find me. 

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

since you asked, here is some footage of me playing. its not neo geo related. I would have PMed you, but I cannot. I am player 2/Scorpion @24:00. Steve/Stephanie/16bits ass is talking about back in springfield Aladdin's Castle I would sell him fatality lists and stuff for five bucks. There is a FULL version of this tournament on GGA's channel but its hard to just find me. 

WOW! This really is amazing with gamers jammed pack in the place Drax. Great choice with Scorpion since he and Sub-Zero are my two favorite characters to play in MK I & II. This must've been fun participating and seeing you win those matches against Shang Tsung and Kung Lao, the adrenaline rush must've been pumping for sure. :)

Anthony...

Yeah, for most of my "career" the adrenaline rush was fun, time slowing and tunnel vision as well.

I don't really get those feelings anymore. Turns out they eventually go away. I've been doing this for around 25 years.

In that tournament match you watched, I lost badly round 1. I had to make many adjustments to win that. That was what was going through my mind. Adapting to the opponent's playstyle.

and for what it's worth MKII scorpion is a low tier character.

Edited by Draxxon