IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

On 4/14/2022 at 6:04 AM, aduffy1976 said:

I can see me getting this for the Dreamcast for sure 

It will be nice when they actually ship it. I imagine it will probably and hopefully support 240p, mostly because I asked the developer what the resolution of the PC version is and he said 320x240. He only actually made the PC version, as all of the other versions were made afterwards by someone else. What I can tell you is that the PC version is really good, but I have heard some negative things about the other versions. I hope the Dreamcast version isn't messed up, but if they are taking their time to make it perfect before shipping it, that's fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajacocks said:

A friend of mine had an AES when it was new, and I was always extremely curious about this console/arcade hybrid, but never even saw one in person, until I was an adult.

I just got a top loader Neo Geo CD, and it comes with nothing, so I’m working to build a power supply, and to find a controller. I’m also in the market for non-fighting games, which I know will sound strange.

I’m quite excited to try out the Neo Geo and see what I have been missing, all of these years.

- Alex

Hi Alex,

Great to have you on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread here on the AtariAge.com fourms. Thank you for posting with us and hope you'll enjoy your stay here with us. Welcome aboard kind sir. :waving:

Ah, a superb choice with the NGCD top loader to add to your collection. Glad that you're a proud new owner of the unit bro. When I started my Neo Geo endeavors, The Neo Geo CD top loader was the first system I purchase that was from SNK. And the first title that I brought for it was King of Fighters '99...which was also the final official release for the NGCD console. 

We would love to see a posting of what you think of the console  Alex. Do you have any games for it so far?

Thank you again for stopping by to comment Alex. We look forward on seeing you on here expressing your interest and views with future Neo-Geo and SNK related content bro. A pleasure meeting you bro.  :)

Anthony...

While I'm here, I might as well mention that I haven't picked up any Neo Geo stuff in a while. Stuff's expensive, so yeah. Hopefully I can get a nice Neo Geo Pocket Color sometime soon, as it seems that Analogue will likely take a long time to actually ship that Neo Geo Pocket adaptor for the Pocket. I have that Sonic Pocket Adventure that I bought last year and I really want to play it soon, but I'm still looking for a system that I like.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

It will be nice when they actually ship it. I imagine it will probably and hopefully support 240p, mostly because I asked the developer what the resolution of the PC version is and he said 320x240. He only actually made the PC version, as all of the other versions were made afterwards by someone else. What I can tell you is that the PC version is really good, but I have heard some negative things about the other versions. I hope the Dreamcast version isn't messed up, but if they are taking their time to make it perfect before shipping it, that's fine.

I haven't had the time to play the 3DS version a lot, but it looked fine to me. Some things could have been more polished, but it's minor things like credits screens. The 3D is mostly great, but can be confusing sometimes; in the third level (iirc), your ship and the enemies are not on the same plane as the background, but you can crash on it. ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I haven't had the time to play the 3DS version a lot, but it looked fine to me. Some things could have been more polished, but it's minor things like credits screens. The 3D is mostly great, but can be confusing sometimes; in the third level (iirc), your ship and the enemies are not on the same plane as the background, but you can crash on it. ?

lol that sounds horrible. Stuff the player can crash into in should absolutely be on the same plane as the player.

They don't seem to be shipping the US 3DS version of the game yet, so it will be some time before I get mine. Too bad my 3DS d-pad has somehow become faulty, so the game will basically be unplayable anyway. Can't play it on my Japanese 3DS either because Nintendo suddenly decided region locks are good after decades of no region locks on their handhelds.

• Like 1

To be fair, that's the kind of things that happens when you "convert" a 2D game into a 3D game. If everything is on the same plane, it's not 3D anymore. ?

That being said, the planes are not that far from one another and the background is easy to see, so you probably get used to it quickly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Now in stock: NeoBT - Neo Geo Bluetooth adapter running #BlueRetro. Use your modern bluetooth controllers on the Neo Geo AES / MVS, CD, and SuperGun!

Thanks for this, I managed to get in on this, and really want to try it out.

It may or may not work for me, since I often have trouble with bluetooth controllers, especially lower-volume bluetooth products.

But, if it does work, I do look forward to using my 8bitdo stick on neo, and especially superguns.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Thanks for this, I managed to get in on this, and really want to try it out.

It may or may not work for me, since I often have trouble with bluetooth controllers, especially lower-volume bluetooth products.

But, if it does work, I do look forward to using my 8bitdo stick on neo, and especially superguns.

Glad to be of assistance and purchase one for yourself Reaper. Would love to listen in on what you have to say about it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Oh man, I sorta gave up on tracking these, so glad to see everything arrived safely. I placed an order for PCBs at the start of February, and after countless shortages and delays, they finally arrived. Invoices will go out next week for component kits! #OMVS #NeoGeo

Anthony...

On 4/16/2022 at 1:13 AM, MarkoCG77 said:

Happy Easter! Overview of LRG Neo Geo Pocket selection 1 and also comparing it to the Pix N love version

Cool video!. I don't  like too much the LRG packaging but certainly would love to get the book!. I preordered the SNK and Capcom versions from Pix'n'Love too... so hopefully they will ship them within this decade ??

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Hmm, I didn't know about this until today. :)

Did you know... SNK created an NeoGeo controller for thr Nintendo Wii! It did had some additional buttons tho!

Anthony..

I got it as soon as it was released! I can say that the "(" shaped buttons are not particularly comfortable ?... oddly enough, this is the NeoGeo Stick 2, but for PS2 a NeoGeo Stick 3 was released too, i can't remember if they messed something and went back to "2" for the Wii or the "3" is just for characters themed sticks (I have a Mai one)... i think i wrote about this in my web many years ago, let's see if i can find it...

Edit: This was quicker than expected... according to my much younger self, NeoGeo Stick  1 and 2 have some differences (aside of the extra buttons), but 2 and 3 are pretty much the same thing, just that 3 has different colors ?. It's in Spanish but you can see some low quality pictures comparing some different NeoGeo Sticks and pads:

https://www.neopancho.net/wii/neostick2.html

Edited by NeoPancho
Adding more details
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Hmm, I didn't know about this until today. :)

Did you know... SNK created an NeoGeo controller for thr Nintendo Wii! It did had some additional buttons tho!

Anthony..

lol what the hell? How did I not know about this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

I got it as soon as it was released! I can say that the "(" shaped buttons are not particularly comfortable ?... oddly enough, this is the NeoGeo Stick 2, but for PS2 a NeoGeo Stick 3 was released too, i can't remember if they messed something and went back to "2" for the Wii or the "3" is just for characters themed sticks (I have a Mai one)... i think i wrote about this in my web many years ago, let's see if i can find it...

Edit: This was quicker than expected... according to my much younger self, NeoGeo Stick  1 and 2 have some differences (aside of the extra buttons), but 2 and 3 are pretty much the same thing, just that 3 has different colors ?. It's in Spanish but you can see some low quality pictures comparing some different NeoGeo Sticks and pads:

https://www.neopancho.net/wii/neostick2.html

Really interesting to know Pancho. I was surprised I didn't know about this accessory until yesterday. I see there is a few off Ebay. But they want over $300 Dollars for it. Yikes! Oh well. But glad that you have it in your collection Pancho. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 KOF XV sale starts today on Steam and the Epic Games Store (until 4/21 at 10am(PDT))! KOF XV (Standard Edition/Deluxe Edition) is 20% OFF! Don't miss this opportunity! >Steam Store https://store.steampowered.com/app/1498570/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XV/ >Epic Games Store https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-king-of-fighters-xv #KOF15 #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys

#KOF15 』追加キャラ“オメガ・ルガール”の基本攻略&新モード“BOSS CHALLENGE”プレイのコツをお届け ・多数の画面写真で基本技を解説 ・ノーマル&アレンジコスチュームのカラバリ一覧 #SNK #KOF https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/chara015.html
Translated from Japanese by
" #KOF15 " Additional character "Omega Rugal" basic strategy & new mode "BOSS CHALLENGE" play tips-Explanation of basic techniques with many screen shots-List of normal & arranged costume color variations #SNK #KOF https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/chara015.html

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 「オメガ・ルガール復活記念キャンペーン」を開催! アカウントをフォロー&このツイートをRTで、 オメガ・ルガール役:最上嗣生さんのサインが当たります! キャンペーンは4/27(水)まで! #KOF15 #KOFXV #最上嗣生 さん
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] "Omega Rugal Revival Commemorative Campaign" will be held! Follow your account & tweet this tweet on RT The role of Omega Rugal: Tsuguo Mogami's signature will be awarded! Campaign until 4/27 (Wednesday)! #KOF15 #KOFXV #最上嗣生

Anthony..

23 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Cool video!. I don't  like too much the LRG packaging but certainly would love to get the book!. I preordered the SNK and Capcom versions from Pix'n'Love too... so hopefully they will ship them within this decade ??

Which version of the Pix N Love did you order? I'm still waiting for the vinyl versions of both the Capcom and SNK to ship, won't be opening those versions as they only made 300 of each.  yeah, the rest of the items not a huge draw but the included book is worth it, I'd pay at least $24.99 for the book alone.  Hope your version arrives safely, and enjoy!