IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I hate to say it (not really) but the Visco MVS-ish blue cabinet there has far more entertainment than the MVS-X where somehow those d-bags thing the only thing SNK ever made on there were fighting games.  So so so fed up with that assumption.  Wrong now, wrong for the last 20+ years.  That blue thing has some really nice variety.

• Like 1

Well, my stuff from the SNK store showed up today. I flip over the box for the Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 1 and see that Big Tournament Golf is on here! Yeah, I kind of totally bought it without looking to see what all it has, but both Metal Slugs are here as well. Still want to get the actual system eventually, though.

I just put it in my Switch and it seems this is actually a really cool collection. You get both the US and Japanese versions of the games, but you also get fully rendered 3D models of the game boxes, which you can fully rotate around to inspect and read the text on the back and stuff and open the boxes and check out a 3D render of the cartridge. They definitely put a lot of care into this release... is what I would say if they didn't botch the video settings. Everyone knows by now that I'm extremely picky about this, and this collection doesn't have proper scaling options, unfortunately. The only scaling you can really do is use the right stick to zoom in and out, which means:

2022042815171300-BE5C582772FD8B45674F0943710D25A6.thumb.jpg.069356ab9942b3ed676779edda4792f2.jpg

Still, the emulation seems fine, the thing with the 3D boxes and game carts is really cool, the manuals are all included, and I seem to have found a video setting that looks good, so this collection gets both my approval and recommendation.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I hate to say it (not really) but the Visco MVS-ish blue cabinet there has far more entertainment than the MVS-X where somehow those d-bags thing the only thing SNK ever made on there were fighting games.  So so so fed up with that assumption.  Wrong now, wrong for the last 20+ years.  That blue thing has some really nice variety.

I always though the blue is rather nice as a MVS alternative Tanooki. Looks really nice for it. :)

Anthony..

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Asuka & Asuka? That's not a game that shows up very often. It does predate the Neo Geo by a few years.

I am not sure about this thing. I can already tell it's a bit too big for my current setup, though, as I'm about to permanently lose some of the space on my desk when my Vectrex gets here.

Yeah Steve. It looks cool and maybe if the price is right for it, I might add it to the collection. Unico surpised us all on the overall results for the MVSX, so maybe they will make good with it. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Announcement: Over 700 payment types are now available for SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION for STEAM across the globe! Check out for more information here: https://samurai-shodown.xsollasitebuilder.com #SamSho #SamuraiShodown #Steam

Anthony...

Hi guys,

[ACA NEOGEO APP] ART OF FIGHTING ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices today! App Store:https://apps.apple.com/us/app/art-of-fighting-aca-neogeo/id1607800965 Google Play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acaaf1 Look forward to more games on the way! #SNK #NEOGEO #ACANEOGEO

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【ただいまキャンペーン中!】SAMURAI SPIRITS トレーディング畳コースター SAMURAI SPIRITSのイラストがデザインされた畳風のコースターです。 全17種類のトレーディング商品です♪ サイズ : 90×90mm https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015695393.html #SNK #サムライスピリッツ
Translated from Japanese by
[Campaign now! ] SAMURAI SPIRITS Trading Tatami Coaster A tatami-style coaster with an illustration of SAMURAI SPIRITS. All 17 types of trading products ♪ Size: 90 × 90mm https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015695393.html #SNK #サムライスピリッツ

Anthony...

Hi guys,

現在、「SNKオンラインショップありがとうキャンペーン」を開催中! 『SNKロゴ クリアポーチ』はカバンに入れておくのに良いサイズ 水洗いや消毒もできちゃうので、この時期におすすめです♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/THANKYOUCP/4580015699391.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0426SNKpoch #SNK
Currently, "SNK Online Shop Thank You Campaign" is being held! "SNK Logo Clear Pouch" is a good size to keep in your bag  It can be washed and disinfected with water, so it is recommended at this time ♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/category/THANKYOUCP/4580015699391.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0426SNKpoch #SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

現在、「SNKオンラインショップありがとうキャンペーン」を開催中! メタルスラッグに登場する高性能小型戦車「SV-001」のプラモデルは、バルカン砲と砲塔が可動できちゃいます!! ぜひゲーム中の様々なシーンを、再現して楽しんでみてくださいね https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4943209520244.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0427SV-001 #SNK #メタスラ
Currently, "SNK Online Shop Thank You Campaign" is being held! The plastic model of the high-performance small tank "SV-001" that appears in Metal Slug has a movable Vulcan cannon and turret! !! Please try to reproduce various scenes in the game and enjoy it  https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4943209520244.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=0427SV-001 #SNK #メタスラ

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

A finely detailed article on the goals at SNK in the immediate future.

SNKの第2創業期が目指すのは,グローバルTop10のパブリッシャ。そのキーマンとなる3名に,新・SNKの今とこれからを聞いてみる https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220422141/ #SNK #募集中
SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher. Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK. https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220422141/ #SNK #募集中

https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220422141/

SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher. Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

What do you remember when you hear the name "SNK"? THE KING OF FIGHTERS, SAMURAI SPIRITS, NEOGEO, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury ... There are differences depending on what you like at that time, but there is probably no one who argues that it is a prestigious maker with a strong color of "fighting game" and "action game".

However, such SNK has recently entered a period of great change.
 This “transformational period”, which was visited by the acquisition of SNK shares by the MiSK Foundation in Saudi Arabia in November 2020, is making a big move here. It has a huge office in Tokyo (SNK's head office is in Osaka) and is expanding rapidly. What's more, if the people who are well-known in the industry are at the center of it, I can't help but talk a little.

In the middle of the expansion, let's deliver the interview conducted at the Tokyo office where there is still plenty of space.

Kazuhiro Fujishige
General Manager of SNK Second Software Development Division. During the Koei Tecmo era, he oversaw the network business for many years and was also the head of the Shibusawa Kou brand. He is mainly engaged in smartphone titles in Sega. He launched "Project Sekai He is a colorful stage! Feat. Hatsune Miku" as the production director.

Tomokazu Ichikawa
Deputy General Manager of SNK Second Software Development Division. During the Koei Tecmo era, he was also the head of the Shibusawa Kou brand, and was taken care of by 4Gamer in "Uncharted Waters Online". By the way, "Daikoukai Jidai V" is also Mr. Ichikawa, so I personally think of Mr. Ichikawa (Mr. Takeda) as a sailing ship.

Yuji Saito
Lead artist, SNK 2nd Software Development Division. Sega's "Yakuza" and "Binary Domain" cutscenes lead the crying child. In the smartphone business, he oversees the design lead and artist divisions as general managers. We are working hard to build a team with the motto "Teach each other, grow up!"

From the left, Mr. Shigeru Fuji , General Manager of SNK Second Software Development Division , Mr. Ichikawa , Deputy General Manager of SNK, and Mr. Saito , Lead Artist
Thumbnail of image collection # 001 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK. Thumbnail of image collection # 002 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK. Thumbnail of image collection # 003 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

4Gamer:
 Thank you for your time today. There are many faces I already know. * Is it difficult to do it?

* Mr. Fujishige and Mr. Ichikawa are former Koei Tecmo, and Mr. Saito is a former Sega

(all laugh)

4Gamer:
 However, the movement of SNK, where new members are increasing one after another, is a bit suspicious, so I got time today. is. At first, I thought I'd try to unravel the history of SNK.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Is it from there? (Laughs)

4Gamer:
 No, I gave up. To be honest, it was complicated and unsuitable for speaking at the beginning of the interview.
 So, from a different point of view, I think it's old like me ... old people, people who have been accustomed to games for a long time, and of course people who are at the center of the industry today.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 That's right.

Speaking of "SNK", is this?
Thumbnail of image collection # 023 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
4Gamer:
 Those people ... Especially old players, but "SNK" has a specific image. It's NEOGEO, Samurai Shodown, KOF ... Like Metal Slug, but the image of fighting games is still strong.
 SNK has a big office in Tokyo, is increasing the number of people, and is trying to start something with a good number of members, so I have to talk about this already.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Thank you (laughs).

4Gamer:
 Well, in the first place, Mr. SNK is currently a Saudi Arabian capital.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes, the MiSK Foundation * .

* A foundation established by His Imperial Highness Prince Muhammad of Saudi Arabia. The actual acquisition was made by the Electronic Gaming Development Company under the foundation ( related article )

4Gamer:
 Yes. It has Saudi capital, but is there any order from the Foundation like "I want you to do this, I want you to do it"?

Thumbnail of image collection # 007 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Fujishige:
 There aren't many.
 SNK was listed on the Korean market, but the TOB was established in mid-February, and the stake was 96.18%. After that, I feel like I'm going through the procedure for delisting.
 Saudi Arabia is one of the board members, but the others are experienced in various industries ... For example, former EA, former Activision Blizzard, and former SIE Morita * , Like those people, I feel like I get various opinions.

* In April 2021 , MiSK Foundation CEO Badr Hamoud A AlBadr was officially appointed as an officer of the SNK Board of Directors. Former London-based Activision Blizzard, Inc. executive vice president Philip Alan Earl , nominated by the MiSK Foundation, and former international digital gaming expert. Jeffrey Brooke Peters , Studio Director and Executive Producer at Electronic Arts Inc., has also been appointed to the board of directors of SNK.
 In October of the same year, Mr. Atsushi Morita , a former SIE directorAnnounced that he will be appointed as an outside director. Regarding Mr. Morita's appointment as an outside director, he said, "We would like you to utilize our abundant experience familiar with the industry and deep knowledge of corporate management in our management," and aim to strengthen global expansion and expand our business. ( Related article )
 Furthermore, on April 14, 2022, it was announced that Mr. Naoya Tsurumi , Advisor of SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS, and Mr. Shiro Uchida, Chairman of SAP Japan, will be appointed as outside directors.

4Gamer:
 I see. But as long as I bought it, it makes sense, and I think I want or want to do something. What is that ...?

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right ... No, wait, is this an article?

4Gamer:
 It will be (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 I see. I wonder how far this can be said.

4Gamer:
 You can delete it later if you think it's dangerous.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Then ... we are moving toward 10 years from now.

4Gamer:
 10 years later?

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes. Our mission is to become one of the top 10 global publishers in 10 years.

4Gamer:
 That's the mission of SNK as a whole, isn't it?

Mr. Fujishige:
 that's right. Since this is already the mission of the entire company including Matsubara * , we, as a developer, will try to create content suitable for it.

* Mr. Kenji Matsubara, former president of Koei Tecmo Holdings. After serving as CEO of SEGA, he became CEO of SNK on October 28, 2021.

Many masterpieces lined up in the exhibition space of the new office. I miss the big NEOGEO cartridge. 100 mega shock!
Thumbnail of image collection # 006 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK. Thumbnail of image collection # 005 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

4Gamer:
 Does that mean that you can create another SNK that is different from the "SNK we've been familiar with"?

Mr. Fujishige:
 No, it's an extension of the current SNK.

4Gamer:
 Does that mean that a company called SNK will have a new pillar?

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. Of course, the "fighting game" that you think of is recognized as SNK's core brand IP, but that alone is not enough, and I think it is quite far from the Top 10 publishers. It is.

4Gamer:
 It's true that fighting games are a very popular genre, especially in Japan, but their share worldwide is only a few percent.

Mr. Fujishige: Of
 course, how to expand it after this should be done, but not only that, but if you aim to become the Top 10, it will be a new pillar or a new value. I think we have to make it for the industry.

4Gamer: After
 all, it feels like it will be added like an add-on to the company called SNK so far.

Thumbnail of image collection # 008 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Ichikawa:
 That's right. Originally, I thought that it was a must to firmly inherit the DNA that SNK has.

4Gamer:
 It's already inherited properly.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Yes. After properly inheriting that, I think that there is no meaning for SNK to make the best use of the strengths of SNK, a company that has been working for a long time, in the industry, or as an extension of that. I am.
 I don't reach for anything, but what if I develop more of what is unique to SNK?

4Gamer:
 I see.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 I want to increase our presence in the industry.

Create a world-class AAA title with 150 staff in 3 years

4Gamer:
 That's right. I mentioned "add-on" earlier, but it's not. It's an image that SNK itself will grow even larger than the previous routes.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Yes. So it's not just the fighting game genre.

4Gamer:
 It's the three people here who are responsible for that.
 In the first place, how many people are there in this new Tokyo office?

Mr. Fujishige:
It's  about 12 people for development alone, and about 30 people including the back office.

A spacious space right at the entrance of the SNK Tokyo office. By the way, the names of the conference rooms were all SNK masterpiece titles.
Thumbnail of image collection # 009 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

4Gamer:
 30 people ... But this office is quite large, isn't it?

Mr. Fujishige:
 It's wide! It can accommodate about 120 people.

4Gamer:
 So, are you looking for 90 people from now on?

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 We are already looking for acclaim.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Over the next three or five years, both Tokyo and Osaka will be there, but I'm trying to expand from 150 to 300 people respectively. At present, of course, there are still few people in Tokyo, and in fact, there are only about 130 people in Osaka.

4Gamer:
 That's less than I expected.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes. In fact, with that number of people, we are doing our best to maintain those brands. So, on the contrary, it has a lot of power, but I'm trying to bring it to about 300 people.
 We in Tokyo are from zero, but in the last three years we have about 150 to 300 people. That is the milestone of the development expansion plan.

4Gamer:
 Now that I'm in Tokyo, I talked about the image of Tokyo only, but by the way, Osaka is SNK.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  the core part.

4Gamer:
 You're heading towards the top 10 publishers in Osaka, this new Tokyo, and overall.

Mr. Fujishige:
 It will be. Actually, there is a mobile development studio with 150 people in China, and we plan to expand it to the same scale. And when each studio really grows from 300 to 500 people, the company as a whole will have 1000 to 1500 people. Well, it should still be insufficient, but I think that we will have a foothold for aiming.

4Gamer:
 But it's a pretty rapid expansion, isn't it?
 It's a pattern that I don't often hear in Japan, but it's a level that is common in China, and it's like seeing it at a rapid pace.

Mr. Fujishige:
 On the contrary, I'm glad if you think so. After all, there is a part where all three of us are excited and join.

4Gamer:
 Is it the Top10 publisher?

Thumbnail of image collection # 010 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Fujishige:
 There is that, but it's the whole thing. If I was told to aim for it in a year or two, I think it would be a ridiculously high wall, but it took 10 years, including the system and organization to make things firmly, and how to improve the quality. Because this is the story of trying to prepare it.
 The environment where you can take on long-term challenges is a great thing, isn't it?

4Gamer:
 Well, I usually see it in a short span.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. If I was told to do it in 3 years, it would be a little ... but if I could get 10 years, I think there would be a good way.

4Gamer:
 But that was the mission.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right.

4Gamer:
 What specific actions are being taken toward that mission?

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Well, first of all, it's hiring!

4Gamer:
 The story is back (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 No, it's really adopted. …… However, I have to think firmly about what to make and where to attack, so I'm doing it in parallel.

4Gamer:
 Is there any part about what to make at this point?

Mr. Fujishige:
 I have decided on some themes. But ... what do you say, I thought that we had to create "new value" for both the market and SNK.
 Then, what is it that creates new value, what can we do while making the best use of SNK's strengths, and that kind of thing is breasted every week.

4Gamer:
 For example, if a person who is thinking about changing jobs in the industry is interested in seeing this article, is there anything that secretly informs them that "this is what it is"? Of course, I can't tell you that it hasn't been decided, so at least it's a direction.
 For example ... Now, if you want to be truly worldwide, you can't remove the smartphone platform, and it feels like it's become a buzzword, but you can't remove the Metaverse.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes.

4Gamer:
 You can't remove the blockchain and NFT, right?
 On the contrary, no, no. We are really console game machines, and we may be heading in the direction of competing in terms of gameplay. Which one is it?

Mr. Fujishige:
 If that's the case, I think it's probably possible to introduce various new technologies. However, the first thing I'm trying to do is to create a title with a sense of scale and quality, so-called AAA, on the console. Let's make this our pillar.

4Gamer:
 Is it AAA! But if you want to become a Top 10 publisher, you can't avoid it.

Mr. Fujishige:
 While creating new value, creating a work while incorporating new technologies and solutions that have emerged in the world is naturally taken as a methodology, but moving toward that is a matter of course. It is important to create value, not the purpose.

4Gamer:
 It's a little difficult to say, but you're going to be a "solid game maker" on the ground.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right.
 I'm still not sure how the game brand or IP will be recognized in 10 years, but the model that firmly grasps the customer's heart on the console and is recognized and spreads from there is I think there is still one. I want to do that first.

4Gamer:
 This is a type of story that I haven't heard much recently.

Mr. Fujishige:
 It's solid (laughs). I think that the method will change if the time to spend is short, but if it takes 10 years, on the contrary, I think I should do it head-on.

4Gamer:
 Step by step.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes, without any strangeness.

Thumbnail of image collection # 011 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

SNK recruitment site

A wonderful (?) Environment where there is no excuse for compromise on quality

4Gamer:
 But, for making AAA from now on, the method was unexpectedly a frontal breakthrough.

Mr. Fujishige:
 I think that if you go straight, the only things you're missing are time, experience points, and what you can see. So, as a result, it may be easier to overcome what you see, how to solve it with the power of the team, and how to solve it with the power of the organization of the entire company.

4Gamer:
 I see ... Is it okay to talk a little under-served?

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Please (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 As far as I can talk.

4Gamer:
 The fact that Saudi money has been added means that if you think about it normally, you can afford it.

Mr. Fujishige:
 I personally imagine that.

4Gamer:
 On top of that, it's an order to do it in 10 years. It's an order ... In this case, it's a consensus. It is 10 years in this age when the times may change in one year.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes.

4Gamer:
 I have money, so if you spend 10 years doing all this ... I think there is no way out (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 Ah ... I understand what you want to say (laughs). But I think that's good again. We've been making games at game companies for a long time ... What do you say, like if you want to improve the quality or if you want to make a game like this? Or ...

4Gamer:
 Mr. Saito nods with great momentum next to him.

(Everyone laughs)

Mr. Fujishige:
 For some reason, I think it can't be helped anymore, and sometimes I put it out in a good balance.

4Gamer:
 That's right. Delivery date ... or rather, there is a release date, and the company has a settlement of accounts and a budget.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right. Therefore, I think it is actually difficult to get rid of all such problems, pursue only quality, and take the time to do it. As you said, I can't make excuses.

4Gamer:
 Usually, the only thing that is missing in the world is money and time. What does it mean to have both?

Mr. Fujishige:
 (laughs) 
 Isn't it possible to make it in such an environment?

4Gamer:
 I don't think so.

Mr. Fujishige:
 So I'm very blessed to say that. Certainly, I feel like I've taken on a difficult task, but I feel the excitement of putting myself into such a battle.

4Gamer:
 Is that the same for Mr. Saito, who was nodding earlier?

Thumbnail of image collection # 012 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Saito:
 Well, I don't think there is such an environment. Isn't it the best environment for AAA?
 When I say that I'm going to make AAA, I think everyone thinks of the best environment, but here it is possible. That's exactly why I joined here.

4Gamer:
 I see. It's not limited to game development, but there are quite a few things that "give up because it's not enough." Money, time, human resources ...

Mr. Saito:
 By the way, the members who are gathering are also at a high level.
 Fujishige said earlier that "I understand what's missing", but since each member's skills are quite high, they know each other exactly what they lack. After understanding, I'm really enjoying myself. So, the speed and quality of ideas coming out is quite high ...

4Gamer:
Is it  Brest?

Mr. Saito:
 Yes. I think that is really good.
 For example, I think that the planning staff usually comes up with ideas, but here, regardless of the type of job, the design staff will come up with ideas, and maybe that idea will be a game like this? There are many things like that. It feels like the ideas are mashing up, and I wonder if this was the norm in the past ...

4Gamer:
 Ah ... it's a long time ago. It was like the so-called "good old days".

Mr. Saito:
 Yes, it is.

Mr. Fujishige:
 It seems that everyone was doing it about 30 years ago.

Mr. Saito:
 I think there are advantages and disadvantages, but I think that new things have come out in that way. Therefore, the fact that the environment was newly created right in front of me can only be said to be an opportunity.

4Gamer:
 I'm excited from that perspective as well.

Mr. Saito:
 Yes. I'm already excited to work every day.

4Gamer:
 It's unbearable for creators.

Saito:
 No, that's true.

Mr. Fujishige: Under
 such circumstances, I put out some of the "themes" I mentioned earlier, and from among them, the representative of SNK, or the future ...

4Gamer:
 Will it be a face?

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes, the current mode is to create an IP that will be a face. It feels like everyone is bringing something like that.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 As I mentioned earlier, SNK has a proper face in Osaka, doesn't it?

4Gamer:
 That's right.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Osaka has a face, but we in Tokyo don't have a "face" yet. IP in Osaka is loved by people all over the world, but I want to make something like that.

Mr. Fujishige:
 The idea that Saito came up with was interesting.

Mr. Saito:
 Ah ... When I put it out, it became a story like "That? This is Saito-san, isn't it going to be like this?"

Mr. Fujishige:
 Will you continue like this? Then this is it. Let's go next. There was something like that during this time.

Mr. Ichikawa:
It's  like that every day.

4Gamer: Sounds
 a little fun ...

Mr. Saito:
 I enjoy that kind of cycle.

Mr. Fujishige:
 No, but I think I'm doing that kind of breasting, but I think it's nice to be able to draw pictures, really.

4Gamer:
 That's good ...

Mr. Fujishige:
It's  completely different from just the text (laughs).

Thumbnail of image collection # 013 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Ichikawa:
 After all, the subject is very big this time, so it's not enough to just come up with it. In that sense, it's hard to get along with just one idea. It's tough if there is no such thing as giving an idea with a pop and everyone putting it on it.

Mr. Fujishige: In
 that sense, I have a little decision, and when I think about expanding the organization to 150 or 300 people, or maybe even more, the so-called hierarchy. I don't think that a typical organization is very desirable.

4Gamer:
 But in reality, there are some parts that don't work well without it.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. I do not deny that there is such an aspect.
 For example, I think one answer is that we will compete with the sense of one creator, but since we are still an organization in the future, we will build a culture from now on. In that case, I think it would be better to create a corporate culture that makes the best use of the expertise and skills of the people who gather.

4Gamer:
 Are you trying to create a corporate culture at the same time as just recruiting human resources?

Mr. Fujishige:
 Saito has been in this world for over 20 years and has a very high level of expertise in art and design. If so, how can he make use of his experience in making things ... and how can he make use of his concept work? What kind of organization can do that ... I feel like I'm making it now. ..

Mr. Ichikawa:
 But that culture is already in Osaka, isn't it?

4Gamer:
 That's right.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 There are no organizational boundaries, and it's strangely flat. Usually, there are various things in an organization, such as a chief. There is no such thing. There is one leader, and everyone else is flat. There aren't many job barriers.
 There are no departments or sections.

Mr. Fujishige: Depending
 on the role, it may be a section or a department.

4Gamer:
 Well then, is it an amoeba-like organization? Can be done, divided, separated.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. That's why discussions are held on a daily basis, and that's why I wondered if I could make a title properly even with the current scale.

4Gamer:
 It would be ideal if it works.

Mr. Saito:
 I think that if you are an ordinary company organization, you will deal with it after the issues are raised.

4Gamer:
 Yes, that's right.

Thumbnail of image collection # 014 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Saito:
 Instead, constantly crushing it ... or making it? It's an atmosphere of going. There are also people who properly grasp and investigate the parts that are likely to be problems or problems, and they are pulling the announcement of GDC etc. "It seems that AAA will proceed smoothly even with such a team composition. Take an approach like "Yo".
 The atmosphere of the team is good because we are proceeding with such a mechanism now, and I think that the reason why the quality of the ideas that come out is high is probably that.

4Gamer:
 Is it a back office system that does that?

Mr. Fujishige:
 No, it's the development department.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Originally, I was a person who worked for an overseas platform for more than 10 years, so he is digging up such information more and more.

Happiness to be able to do everything that could not be done due to restrictions

4Gamer:
 Even so, it's a full scratch from scratch more than you can imagine.

Alan Kay's favorite words from the representative, Mr. Matsubara, written on the wall of the conference room. "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." (The best way to predict the future is to invent it). I'm sure SNK will draw a new future.
Thumbnail of image collection # 015 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. There is a box called a company, but while aiming for the top 10 globally, I wonder what kind of governance is appropriate for that ... I'm re-inspecting various parts now, and various departments are doing various things. Not just development.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 But in that situation, I don't feel a "hedge" in a bad sense, and I'm very grateful that everyone does it like their own, not "other people's affairs because they are in different departments". I think it's a good culture, and I want to inherit it.

4Gamer:
 It tends to disappear as it grows larger.

Saito:
 That's right.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 So, we will keep this good condition in mind and make it properly so that it will not be lost.

4Gamer:
 But in that state, it's pretty amazing to try to put in 150 people.

Mr. Ichikawa:
That's  right (laughs).

4Gamer:
 However, people who join SNK in Tokyo from now on can participate including such parts.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right. Obviously, everyone, including us, is different from the places they have walked and the knowledge they have cultivated. In order to demonstrate that, I would like to build it from now on, thinking that an organization that makes it easy for that person's skill set to live is necessary.

4Gamer:
 So that's it.

Mr. Fujishige: Speaking
 of the members here, I'm doing things like being a department manager, a business department manager, and an officer in an organization. However, since products are made by teams, I think it would be better to have the opinions of various people at an early stage regarding a culture in which various specialists can work easily and a method in which the quality of manufacturing can be easily improved.

Thumbnail of image collection # 016 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

4Gamer:
 I understand you, and I'm not going to pour water on it, but it's really hard to make AAA in that state, isn't it?

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Yes, I think it's difficult (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 But it's been 10 years!

Mr. Saito:
 It is possible to proceed from multiple perspectives instead of just one point.

the first place, it's not just one game.

4Gamer:
 That's right ... How many are you expecting?

Mr. Fujishige:
 There are at least three.

4Gamer: With
 AAA?

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right. As expected, it may be a combination of large and small, but at least three.

4Gamer:
 Isn't it quite difficult to have three in just over 10 years?

Mr. Ichikawa:
 I think it's quite difficult.
 It doesn't mean "make 3 and put out 3", but if you don't make more, you can't put out 3 in the world.

4Gamer:
 That's right ...

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Yes. At the idea level, you can come up with a tremendous number of ideas, make mockups, and choose from them ...

Mr. Fujishige:
 However, what we have reached a certain degree of consensus with the members of the board of directors is how to make it. Right now, as Ichikawa mentioned, I'm going to go to the proto from there by choosing chitin from a lot of ideas at the beginning, but I think it's okay to throw away any number of them here. ..

4Gamer:
 First of all, quality.

Thumbnail of image collection # 020 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Fujishige:
 You can choose and proceed as it is, but if you think it's no good, go back one step. If you like, go next. In this way, for each milestone, we will proceed while calculating a certain kind of passage rate yield, and I think that we can finally make AAA most efficiently by how much and how much we should proceed ... How to make like.
 It is not the "development of how to make", but it is understood that we will compete as a whole including it.

4Gamer:
 That's pretty amazing. I have to talk more than just the title.

Mr. Fujishige:
 So, through trial and error ... I tried to make it so that there would be no such thing as "that's something different" at the very end, while trying and erroring as much as possible in the first half. I think something will still come out (laughs).

4Gamer:
 After all, is there a lot?

Mr. Fujishige:
 I wonder if there is any.

Mr. Saito:
 There is.

Mr. Fujishige:
 However, as a rule of thumb, when it ends up like that, the first kneading isn't enough, looking back.

4Gamer:
 Somehow the other two are nodding with great momentum.

Saito:
 No, that's exactly the case.

Mr. Fujishige:
 There is development, but the most wasteful thing is that the game specifications have changed while improving the quality of various things such as the assets and model motions that I worked hard on, and I adjusted the balance again. For that reason, I don't use it or remake it. Isn't it really a waste? I want to boil down firmly in the first half so that it does not happen.

4Gamer:
 Decide various things properly.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Decide and check.

4Gamer:
 If the first half is done properly, what should we be careful about at the end?

Mr. Fujishige:
 Once we have something like a release candidate, we'll have a period of time to properly balance and debug ... well, I'm trying to spend about a year. About 20% of the total budget is supposed to be used there.

Thumbnail of image collection # 019 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Ichikawa:
 Until now, there were various restrictions that I couldn't do, but this time there are no such restrictions, so it feels like there is something like "Then it should be there, right?"

4Gamer:
 I see. Something that I hadn't seen before, or something that I had thrown away because I didn't have time.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 There are some problems in the early stages, but I think it's important to stop the place where you said that you should proceed for the time being.
 Also, at that time, it is very important that everyone can express their opinions at the same level, and I want to prevent it from becoming something like this because a great person is saying this.

4Gamer:
 It tends to be a development site as well.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Yes. I think it's especially important in the first half of development to ask people to say something if they have any doubts and discuss whether it really is or not. In that sense, a flat corporate culture is very important.

I want you to create a new corporate culture and a new team together.

4Gamer:
 I'm always worried when I hear this kind of dreamy and fun story, but if I put out the first one and it doesn't work, I don't suddenly shrink ... right? ??

Mr. Fujishige:
 As I said at the beginning, I will definitely compete for 10 years.

4Gamer:
 Good. It's already committed.
 The story goes back a little, but what kind of human resources do you want for that, and are there any such things now?

Mr. Fujishige:
 Perhaps the most important thing is to have us continue to take on this "10-year challenge" together.
 Since game development is really done by a large number of people, I think that there is a place where each member who comes in can make the best use of it. But I don't think we can move toward the same vector unless we have the same thoughts.

4Gamer:
 That's true ... 3 in 10 years.

Mr. Fujishige:
 No, I might do it a little more, but ... I mean, I'll launch it a little more, but yes (laughs).

Mr. Ichikawa:
 I think we will actually stand up a lot more (laughs).

Mr. Fujishige:
 It's about that size, and if you include small ones, I'll do a little more.

4Gamer:
 But it's different from overseas where people are gathered for each project, so it's still Japanese.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. As a Japanese organization, we will continue to grow as a company, so we will gather people firmly and have them grow up, and in 5 to 10 years, new employees will be able to play an active role as leaders. ……. I think all the old game companies were like that.

4Gamer:
 That's right.

Thumbnail of image collection # 017 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes. It was the same when I was a new graduate.
 As the organization grew bigger and bigger, the things I was assigned to became bigger, and I also gained various experiences, and the number of things I was assigned to was increasing. ..
 I would like to give young children the experience that we had at that time, and I would be happy if they could play an active role in that way.

4Gamer:
 It's a long time ago when I was a new graduate, but I understand what you said.
 It's not just a recruitment, this is. I mean ... like "let's make a team together"?

(Everyone nods loudly)

4Gamer:
 I think it's different to start a new company together.

Mr. Saito:
 I think it's better to create a team.

4Gamer:
 It feels like you're listening.
 No ... it seems to be difficult.

Mr. Fujishige:
 But I'm excited.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 That's right. It's hard to find such an environment.

Mr. Saito:
 I think it's difficult, but I don't think there are many opportunities to face quality from the front.

4Gamer:
 That's right.
 Moreover, when I hear it, it seems that it is not the type of organization that falls down on one top, so even if this three-way class person joins, there is a lot of work to do.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right. Now, as I mentioned earlier, Saito, the literacy of manufacturing is all at the same level, so you can go on and on without saying the details. I think it's a lot of fun to do that. The day has passed in no time. Really.

4Gamer:
 It's a real breast ...
 Brest will not work unless it is at the same level.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 Moreover, no one denies that Brest no matter what he says.

Saito:
 Yeah, that's right.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 More and more in the direction of expanding ... There is also such a thing, it is amazing to bring it to the plus like.

Mr. Saito:
 The air that is easy to talk to is brewed more and more.
 I think that it is the staff who actually move their hands directly on the site that actually creates the user's experience most, so it is good if there is no system where the members can discuss "how the customer wants to experience". I don't think I can do anything. I don't think it will reach you if you just drop it from the top.

Thumbnail of image collection # 018 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

4Gamer:
 AAA has the image of making it with a fairly large number of people, so I was wondering why it wouldn't be possible if we had to divide the labor, but here we do not.

Mr. Fujishige:
That's  right. But, of course, I think that such a phase is also necessary. It's the second half of the phase.

4Gamer:
 It's the second half of the phase.

the first half, I think it's better to focus on how much to expand.
 When we were young, we made works and had a lot to say. It's more interesting to do this ... But in the end, I was reluctant or persuaded (laughs).

Mr. Saito:
 I think there are quite a few cases where customers say what they thought it would be good at that time.

4Gamer:
 What I thought at the time was what the players thought.

Mr. Saito:
 After all, I think that if the site could incorporate it, the customers would have had a better experience, and I think that is an organization that can fulfill that.

4Gamer:
 But after all there is such a thing.

Mr. Saito:
 Maybe the members who thought that way gathered here (all laugh). I naturally have the idea that it shouldn't happen, so I think it's a TU-KA, and I think that people coming in from now on will be able to work together happily without any difficulty.

Mr. Fujishige:
 As with customers, the opinions given by user testers and the opinions received from customers after the release are quite essence.
 I've been thinking many times that I could have absorbed this opinion if I had thrown it away at the very beginning of making things. That kind of thing remains in me as a bit of a bitter memory.

4Gamer:
 It's an ideal development company, isn't it?

Mr. Fujishige:
 It's a game that includes consoles and PCs, so I want to go crazy worldwide.

Mr. Ichikawa:
 From Japan's long-established SNK to the world ... is the strongest thing I can think of. As you know, the IP of this company has a lot of overseas fans, so I also want to inherit it properly.
 Such a part has been put in place in terms of the system, and President Matsubara has also left a track record for overseas markets.

Thumbnail of image collection # 021 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.

Mr. Fujishige: The
 board members are also very global.

4Gamer:
 That's right. I saw it for a moment. *

* As mentioned at the beginning, the board members are Badr Hamoud A AlBadr, CEO of MiSK Foundation, Philip Alan Earl of former Activision Blizzard, and Jeffrey Brooke Peters of former Electronic Arts. Mr. Brook Peters), Mr. Atsushi Morita, a former SIE director, Mr. Naoya Tsurumi, an advisor to SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS, and Mr. Shiro Uchida, the chairman of SAP Japan.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's amazing, isn't it? It seems that there are not many companies that can participate so far.

4Gamer: Each
 one is CEO class.

Mr. Fujishige:
 That's right (laughs).

Mr. Ichikawa:
 The Japanese market is big in mobile now, but I think it is absolutely necessary for the console to be properly accepted by overseas markets. We can hear a wonderful story that even the studio-scale company we are aiming for has sold 12 million copies, and our creators are most aiming to expand that presence even further from Japan. I wonder.

Related article

4Gamer:
 That's right. The three people here are the people who came up with such titles in the first place.

A spacious office space can be seen faintly on the other side of the "SAMURAI SPIRITS meeting room". This building, which also houses the Starbucks headquarters, is conveniently located two minutes from Meguro Station, and you can choose as many places to eat out for lunch. The appearance of Mr. Fujishige who emphasized how delicious the rice is is impressive.
Thumbnail of image collection # 025 / SNK's second founding period aims to be a global Top 10 publisher.  Let's ask the three key people about the present and future of the new SNK.
Mr. Ichikawa:
 Isn't the company SNK doing something awesome since the days of old arcade games? I even made a hardware platform. It's a company that has taken on great challenges, so after all there is such DNA. I wonder if something like that time will begin as the "second founding period" now.

4Gamer: Then
 , over the next 10 years, from this Meguro. Big thing.

Mr. Fujishige:
 Yes. I want to send it out.

4Gamer:
 I'm looking forward to it!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Pictures of 101 AES PCBs are available. 182 cartridges were opened. At least 2 copies of cartridges were opened for 42 of the titles. 18 of these 42 games have PCBs with differences. https://snk-neo-geo.fr/viewtopic.php?t=137&sid=59167f60dd3ad781e10805da5bd2bb27 #SNK #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】 KOFAS QUIZ ~草薙京のシリーズ編~ 『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ』の 初代主人公である #草薙京 のイラストをよく見て シリーズを当ててみましょう! 参加された皆さまに報酬をプレゼント 開催期間:4/29~5/6 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF
[Community event held]  KOFAS QUIZ -Kyo Kusanagi's series- Let's take a closer look at the illustration of #草薙京 , the first hero of "The King of Fighters", and guess the series! Rewards will be given to all participants  Holding period: 4 / 29-5 / 6 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】  #XV草薙京 の魅力と 攻略方法を教えてください! XV 草薙京にぴったりなおすすめアイテムや タイムアタックチャレンジ オロチ×ヤマタノオロチなどの 攻略方法をコメントにアップ 参加された皆さまに報酬をプレゼント 開催期間:4/28~5/3 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF
[Community event held] Please tell me the charm of  #XV草薙京 and how to capture it! Recommended items and time attack challenge  that are perfect for XV Kyo Kusanagi Uploaded a comment on how to capture Orochi x Yamata no Orochi  Rewards will be given to all participants  Holding period: 4 / 28-5 / 3 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF

Anthony...

On 4/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, Charlie Cat said:

Yeah Steve. It looks cool and maybe if the price is right for it, I might add it to the collection. Unico surpised us all on the overall results for the MVSX, so maybe they will make good with it. :)

Anthony...

The MVSX was surprisingly good from what I have heard, so we'll see. I didn't expect much from it, but apparently it only has like 2 frames of lag or something and decent build quality. It's way too big and way too expensive for me, though, and the non-fighting games seem like an afterthought. At least Metal Slug and Shock Troopers are on there.

Now this new Visco one is kind of strange. It's supposed to be like a Neo Geo cabinet but it has both Neo Geo games and non-Neo Geo games and seems they don't have the SNK license from what I have seen of it, so it feels and looks like an officially licensed bootleg or something. I don't know. Maybe they do have the SNK license and I don't know about it. We'll see. The thing itself is probably going to be pretty decent at worst, and I expect it to actually be pretty good if it's like the MVSX, so it's something to look into just out of curiosity once there is more information.

Now that I think about it, whatever happened with that new console (?) that SNK was making? Was that the Neo Geo 2 or Neo Geo 3 or were those something else? It's been a long time since we heard anything about any of that and I completely forgot about it until now. It was never really clear what the Neo Geo 2 or 3 or any of that stuff even was, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Now that I think about it, whatever happened with that new console (?) that SNK was making? Was that the Neo Geo 2 or Neo Geo 3 or were those something else? It's been a long time since we heard anything about any of that and I completely forgot about it until now. It was never really clear what the Neo Geo 2 or 3 or any of that stuff even was, though.

Yeah, I don't know what happen after the Neo-Geo Arcade Stick. They said SNK had big plans. But it just stopped soon after the Coronavirus. Many due to the chip shortage, it was put future hardware projects on hold because of it Steve.

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat