IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Yes, we like the manuals. Yes, we regret that they have disappeared from our game boxes over time.  That's why the First Edition of Windjammers 1 & 2 - exclusively on the Pix'n Love website - includes fully illustrated, full-color instructions!  http://Pixnlove.com

Anthony..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I hope this hasn’t been posted already, but there’s another beta playthrough on Youtube for The Eye of Typhoon for the Neo-Geo MVS. The person playing tries a handful of fighters.

Enjoy! The game looks great.

I agree Mike. The Eye of Typhoon continues to progress nicely. I really can't wait for the MVS and AES release of this game. Ozzy really does fantastic work and has great public relation skills. ;-)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】 試練の塔プレイ応援イベント クリアした最上段階のスクリーンショットを 専用掲示板にアップして 報酬をGETしてみましょう! クリアした段階に応じて 獲得できる報酬も多くなります 開催期間:6/19 23:59まで 報酬の詳細はコミュニティにて #KOFAS #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
[Community event held]  Tower of Trials Play Support Event  Let's upload the cleared top-level screenshots to the dedicated bulletin board and get rewards! The rewards you can get will increase according to the stage you cleared  . Holding period: Until 6/19 23:59 See the community for details on rewards  #KOFAS #KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

雪泉武器ガチャ開催! イベント期間中、期間限定武器ガチャ、雪泉武器・雪泉の扇子の魂が登場!! #KOF98UMOL #閃乱カグラ
Snow fountain weapon gacha held! During the event period, a limited-time weapon gacha, a snow fountain weapon, and the soul of a snow fountain fan will appear! !! #KOF98UMOL #閃乱カグラ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Posted by @SpicedUp! (Riko) on the NeoGeoForever Twitter account. Man! This artwork is so wicked. Nightmare Geese over a defeated and hapless Terry Bogard.  

Nightmare Geese!Art by Maxwell Duarte. #NeoGeo #SNK #RETROGAMING #retrogames #arcade #SNKart #KOF #FatalFury #AOF

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Some of the original artworks stored in SNK's archives: https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/report05.html

See the "treasure" sleeping at the SNK headquarters! Excavation of the original "KOF" setting materials and official art original drawings from the material room

We will unearth the treasure that sleeps in the reference room of the SNK headquarters including the " KOF " series.

Release date: 2022-04-20 17:45:00

Famitsu.com editorial department " KOF XV " interview team visited SNK headquarters in Osaka when  " KOF XV " was released. After doing a lot of interviews, the public relations staff introduced me with a mysterious word, "In fact, there is a place I would like to show to all the members of the interview team who came all the way." A room in the depths of the company. There is a "material room" where past materials of SNK games such as " KOF " are stored, also known as a treasure room!  This time, the three brothers Toyoizumi (second son) of the interview team were specially allowed to investigate the stored materials. What I found there were some of the most important items in SNK's history. A part of it is released here from a huge amount of materials! ■ SNK Headquarters coverage article * People who open up the future of "KOF" -Interview with "KOF 15" developers-1st Producer- People who open up the future of "KOF" -Interviews with developers of "KOF 15" -2nd Gameplay * People who open up the future of "KOF" ~ "KOF 15" developer interview-3rd character graphic edition * People who open up the future of "KOF" ~ "KOF15" developer interview-4th stage graphic edition * People who will open up the future of "KOF" -Interview with the developers of "KOF15" -The 5th Sound Edition

S__185876482

SNK headquarters!

S__185876484 S__185876485

Suddenly there was a vending machine with KOF specifications in front of the head office, and I was excited (laughs).

Headquarters Lobby & Entrance 

Before starting the investigation of the treasure room, first from the lobby of the SNK headquarters building. Here, SNK game software released so far and old and new licensed products released by various companies are exhibited. There are a lot of amazing things here alone ... Speaking of SNK, of course, NEOGEO! There are various NEOGEO related items from books to apparel.

01 01

Famous sword, blowfish poison
 The most conspicuous place is the sword of Haohmaru from " SAMURAI SPIRITS "! (Of course replica). It is a soulful commemorative sword produced in cooperation with a prestigious armor shop in Kyoto.

02 02

S__185876486 S__185876487

Mr. Oda brought me a personal blowfish poison and actually touched it. It's cool.

Successive
 posters A number of posters that are quite valuable nowadays. The NEOGEO title is familiar to fans, but is the poster for the gun shooting " Beast Busters Second Nightmare " on the upper left quite rare?

03 03

NEOGEO goods
 The past NEOGEO goods are on display. Do you have anything in this?

04 04 05 05

Infiltrate the inside of the reference room! 

After enjoying the past goods, it's finally time to go to the reference room. This is the main shrine of "SNK Archives". I tremble when I enter.

NEOGEO title cartridges are a
 masterpiece when you have all this! Are you ready to use it if you need it in your company?

06 06

Poster vault
A cabinet  in which the actual posters that are familiar in arcades and game shops are stored together.

07 07

Official art original picture
 The original picture of the official art used in posters, packages, etc. It is a material with the highest value that is unique in the world! It is in very good condition and I am surprised that the vivid colors are maintained even after more than a quarter of a century. In addition, this article introduces the successive art of " KOF " with detailed explanations.

* Fall in love with the "KOF" gem art! Successive art galleries part 1

08 08

09 09 Ten

11 11 12

Setting each title
 When you open the document locker, a large number of document folders are squeezed! This is a document folder containing the setting materials created by the developers at the time. It is classified and organized by game. Check the contents from the main titles below!

13 14

" KOF '94 " Part 1
Explanation of the basic game screen configuration. I feel the times when all the figures are handwritten ....

16 16

" KOF '94 " Part 2
A commentary on a "support attack" in which a teammate who is waiting under certain conditions comes to the rescue when he is fainted. It is a specification that was in the early series.

17 17

" KOF '94 " Part 3
A commentary page of Rugal Bernstein, the last boss. The history of the man who appeared in the DLC of " KOF XV " as Omega Rugal began here.

18 18

" KOF '95 " Part 1
Part of the new system proposal. It contains ideas for special blow-off attacks that weren't actually adopted.

19 19

" KOF '95 " Part 2
Stage plan. At the time of the handwritten illustration, the atmosphere is firmly out. The stage name is "Middle East (Desert Battlefield)".

" KOF '95 " Part 3
And the hermitage that first appeared in this work. A material that conveys anti-heroism and suspicion (?) In one shot.

twenty one

" FATAL FURY " series 1
Character setting picture. The presence of Richard Meyer and Billy Kane's paintings seems to be from the original Fatal Fury .

twenty two

" FATAL FURY " Series Part 2
(Playable) Geese's Special Move is explained with commands and motion proposals. The idea of the special move will be conveyed in such a figure.

twenty three

" FATAL FURY " Series Part 3 The
era has changed and this is the specification of " FATAL FURY ". An important page explaining the mechanism and features of this game's unique system, Just Defense.

twenty four

" FATAL FURY " series 4 This is the original illustration in the game from
" FATAL FURY ". Many people may think of the lines after the victory when they see this illustration.

The more I search, the more the historical materials that fans covet come out, but unfortunately this survey has expired! I could feel the weight of the history of SNK's game works such as the " KOF " series from a number of preserved materials. Next time, I'd like to go through for about a week to investigate, but how about a public relations person ~ !?

Bonus: A pilgrimage to the sacred place of " KOF " in Esaka!

An intersection near the SNK headquarters. If you are a " KOF " fan, many people have come to this place. It's the place that became the model for the Esaka stage that appeared in " KOF '98 "! This landscape is also a treasure in a sense.

twenty five

Immediately after leaving Esaka Station on the Osaka Metro / Kita-Osaka Kyuko Line. The intersection of "Esaka station square".

26 27

The photo is from " KOF '98 ". It's amazing that the game scenery hasn't changed much even after nearly 25 years!

• THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV special site > 
  • Planning article >
  •  
  • See the "treasure" sleeping at the SNK headquarters! Excavation of the original "KOF" setting materials and official art original drawings from the material room

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Large box waiting for me when I got home...

20220614_155758.thumb.jpg.e257c3d08f1ea95346e45caf8fdc1715.jpg

Inside the outer carton was a much nicer retail display box... I suppose the "collector" in me needs to save them both, man, they are huge though...

20220614_160011.thumb.jpg.e0f7ececc6cb71f31dbcbcb2fbdbccd4.jpg

I was really happy to see it came pre assembled. I've put together plenty of arcade 1 up machines...its not hard but time consuming. As far as I can tell this is ready to go right out of the box! 

20220614_160155.thumb.jpg.4cb47cfdee9f62af422c94ed89b009e5.jpg

The control panel looks great, although not sure what the extra buttons are for, also noticed a weird spinner(?) in the right hand corner...

20220614_160405.thumb.jpg.3a3630fa1fe1a94b1c5f15a3c424671b.jpg

20220614_160412.thumb.jpg.a844bf683729637af4af714035e0d45f.jpg

Well, Ive got a few things (real life) to take care of first before I can play it but its all set up and ready to go for tonight. I'll check back in after I fire it up! I'm excited ? 

20220614_160600.thumb.jpg.b676f775752526c844d14bc596f84582.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Oh wow! 

This looks fantastic CC. Thank you for sharing your pics of your MVSX unit. We hope it give you many years of enjoyment bro. We would love to read about your opinion towards the quality of the games, the controls and the overall feel towards this piece. I always like the size of this unit. It fits just about anywhere. :-D

Thank you for stopping by CC. Your game room looks awesome. Everything so perfect and clean. I need to have a pad like this for sure. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series】 Feel free to restream KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series on your personal channel. Let's make the tournament more exciting together. >Official Site https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/icfc/ #KOF15 #KOFXV #ICFCKOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ガロスペの舞!予約受付中!■ まさに【元祖不知火舞】! 森気楼氏のイラストとゲーム中のフォルムが融合! ますます加速するシリーズ第3弾の予約はこちらから↓ https://hi-studio24.stores.jp/items/628e019e39da5f3365566632 #餓狼伝説 #SNK #studio24餓狼
■ Fatal Fury Special Dance! Now accepting reservations! ■ Exactly [Original Mai Shiranui]! The illustration of Mr. Shinkiro and the form in the game are fused! Click here to make a reservation for the third series, which is accelerating more and more ↓ https://hi-studio24.stores.jp/items/628e019e39da5f3365566632 #餓狼伝説 #SNK #studio24餓狼

Anthony.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■ガロスペの舞!予約受付中!■ 『餓狼伝説SPECIAL』登場時の森気楼氏のイラストとゲーム中のフォルムが融合! 女性としても格闘家としてもまだ幼さが残る姿で「KOC」に参戦! 付属のポスターでゲームシーンも再現可能! ご予約はこちらから↓ https://hi-studio24.stores.jp/items/628e019e39da5f3365566632 #SNK #studio24餓狼
■ Fatal Fury Special Dance! Now accepting reservations! ■ The illustration of Mr. Shinkiro at the time of "FATAL FURY SPECIAL" and the form in the game are fused! Participate in "KOC" with a young child as a woman and a fighter! The game scene can be reproduced with the attached poster! Click here to make a reservation ↓ https://hi-studio24.stores.jp/items/628e019e39da5f3365566632 #SNK #studio24餓狼

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Here's the latest screenshot on Inviyya II for the Neo-Geo from AtariAge member @Steril707. Well done Michael. We really enjoy seeing you continue on quite nicely  bro. ;-)

image.jpeg.3433614c6d1749595f8ceec1b9a1e4df.jpeg Inviyya

Screenshot from the Neo Geo version.
Had some bugs that drove me insane, but on course now to do some creative work and design the other levels.
May be a cartoon

Anthony...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh wow! 

This looks fantastic CC. Thank you for sharing your pics of your MVSX unit. We hope it give you many years of enjoyment bro. We would love to read about your opinion towards the quality of the games, the controls and the overall feel towards this piece. I always like the size of this unit. It fits just about anywhere. :-D

Thank you for stopping by CC. Your game room looks awesome. Everything so perfect and clean. I need to have a pad like this for sure. ;-)

Anthony..

Sounds good man! Thanks! Yeah, that room is my bedroom, I hoard all my cool things in there like a dragon haha

It's been a long time since I owned an original MVS cabinet, around 2006 or so IIRC. I'll report back with a proper review down the road comparing what I remember...but so far I love it.

Game selection is VS fighting heavy (all KoF's SS, etc..) but I'm not complaining. Games like shock troopers, metal slug, and many non fighting are on it too. Controls feel much much much better than the arcade 1up machines I've owned. The little spinner is an adjustable volume control (which is very nice! Arcade 1up had 2 choices, too loud or too quiet haha)

I haven't noticed any lag at all and you can save games/high scores pretty much anywhere. In the menu you can even switch between AES or MVS mode! I was going to get a second bartop arcade for my room arcade but I don't think I'll need it now, besides after this gem anything else I get would suck...this thing is awesome!!

Edited by Crazy Climber
spellcheck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Here's the latest screenshot on Inviyya II for the Neo-Geo from AtariAge member @Steril707. Well done Michael. We really enjoy seeing you continue on quite nicely  bro. ;-)

image.jpeg.3433614c6d1749595f8ceec1b9a1e4df.jpeg Inviyya

Screenshot from the Neo Geo version.
Had some bugs that drove me insane, but on course now to do some creative work and design the other levels.
May be a cartoon

Anthony...

I want this and The Eye of Typhoon on MVS so badly! Any updates on when this cool looking shooter will release?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I want this and The Eye of Typhoon on MVS so badly! Any updates on when this cool looking shooter will release?

Hi Mike,

@Steril707 is continuing on the progress on developing the game at this point. Not sure of a date planned. But I can ask him about it if you like me to bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

WOW! It must be really good for you to not want to buy a second bartop CC. That's so awesome that it's to your liking. I would like to own a MVSX myself, but I don't have anymore room in my pad at the moment. Oh well, time to do some summer cleaning to make room. ;-)

Thank you for stopping by to share your pics and thoughts on the unit CC. Always a pleasure to have you aboard with us bro. ;-)

Anthony..

9 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

You’re awesome, Anthony!

Thank you Mike...And all done. I asked Michael the question for you bro. I also ask him if he wishes to stop by to answer your question directly or I can relay the message on what he says bro. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series】 WEEK 4 begins on June 16th! > NA Entry deadline: 6/16 4:30PM PDT https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xv-icfc-weekly-series-na-week-4/details Start: 6/16 6:00PM PDT > EU Entry deadline: 6/16 6:00PM CEST https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xv-icfc-weekly-series-eu-week-4/details Start: 6/16 8:00PM CEST https://twitch.tv/snkofficial/ #KOF15 #KOFXV #ICFCKOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#KOF15 プロゲーマーあば男選手主催のコミュファ eSports Stadium NAGOYA対戦会をリポート ・名古屋近郊や関西から強豪プレイヤーが参加 ・プロゲーマーあば男選手インタビューも掲載! #SNK #KOF https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/event02.html
#KOF15 Report on the community eSports Stadium NAGOYA competition sponsored by professional gamer Abao. ・ Strong players from the suburbs of Nagoya and Kansai participate. ・ Interviews with professional gamer Abao are also posted! #SNK #KOF https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/event02.html

Anthony..