IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with our friend Dr.Volk. Here we see him in action playing Andro Dunos for the Neo-Geo. Thank you so much for taking my request bro. It really is fantastic to know just as much that you're having a great time playing this gem of a title. :)

From the description,

"Episode 1, "Flight O'er the Silv'ry Moon" has been abbreviated as "Ep 1" for your convenience After four long years (and about 2 hours of technical difficulties), we're finally making a return to Neo Geo titles on Dr. Volk with Andro Dunos: a shoot 'em up for the Neo Geo debuting in 1992, and an ancient request by channel regular Charlie Cat! I want to briefly apologize for the technical glitches in this episode, as I still have been unable to fix the glitches brought by my editing program (my raw footage is fine). I'll probably have to buy a newer copy... Anyways, about the game: as with many space shooters, we're fighting off against an alien invasion, but this time we have the power to switch our weapons as we go along! We're taking off from the Earth moonbase to enter one of the aliens' main battleships and launch them out of orbit... THIS TIME on Dr. Volk! If you're reading this description: Do you like shoot 'em ups (shmups)? If so, name your favorite in the comments below! I've always been partial to Fantasy Zone, myself; Comment below!"

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:19 AM, Franjo said:

Hi. I am doubting if this content is suitable for this forum. 🤔

This time I'm sharing a project of a Mugen programmer friend who has used my art for the character's portrait, however he is looking for someone who is encouraged to animate the character. Read the description below the video.

Hi Franjo.

Good to see you back with us bro. Wow! This really is incredible to see from you bro. Ki Porra used your art to to be used for the game. That's fantastic bro. We understand why since your a pro on what you do. :thumbsup: :).

Yes, I do have two AtariAge members in mind that could be of helping hand. I recommend @ColecoGamer and @SlidellMan for this. I'm sure the skillful fellas will be of great assistance for you and Ki Porra. 

Let us know if you need any more assistence Franjo. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Fight against crime and space pirates! Claim THE SUPER SPY, TOP HUNTER: RODDY & CATHY, and more SNK classics on Prime Gaming: https://gaming.amazon.com/home #SNK #NEOGEO #PrimeGaming

Anthony...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was a Final Vendetta kickstarter update that was placed on the old Xeno Crisis campaign, to reach all those backers. (link)

All the normal stuff we've seen in the other ones, but one extra little bit stood out to me:

Xeno Crisis Neo Geo audio fix

Just a reminder that anyone who owns a Xeno Crisis AES or MVS cart which exhibits the stereo audio glitch can reach out to us via contact@bitmapbureau.com to arrange getting their cart updated.

A note on why this bothers me:

I shouldn't have to check the kickstarter updates for this. The neo geo versions weren't even sold via that method--they were all sold via the website shop, and the only reason I even get those kickstarter updates is that I happened to have also ordered a genesis copy. There is no note about this on the webshop, nor anything directly notifying me via email. The kickstarter updates are the only place I see it mentioned.

Anyway I'm on the list now--but if anybody out there only ordered a neo geo copy, be aware that they are actually taking emails to fix them. I'd legitimately believed they were radio-silent on the fix situation.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

外出先でもNEOGEO POCKET COLORを楽しもう! NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1のSteam Deck動作検証が完了! 手に汗握る興奮を、Steam Deck でもお楽しみください! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1586350/NEOGEO_POCKET_COLOR_SELECTION_Vol_1_Steam_Edition/ #SNK #NEOGEO #Steam

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【新たな進化格闘家登場】 不敗の格闘家「Mr.カラテ」が進化解禁!!! 進化アイテムを獲得して格闘家を進化しよう! イベント時間:6月16日(金)5:00ー6月23日(金)5:00  #KOF98UMOL #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
[New evolution fighter appearance] Undefeated martial artist "Mr. Karate" has been released! ! ! Acquire evolution items and evolve fighters! Event time: June 16th (Fri) 5:00 - June 23rd (Fri) 5:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys

Square profile picture

【父の日】 プレイヤーの皆様、今日は父の日! 父の日に格闘家たちは自分の父親にどんなメッセージを送るかな? その答えをコメント欄に残してくださいね! 抽選で5名様にアイテムパックをプレゼント! 〆:6月20日0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #父の日 #抽選 #プレゼント
Translated from Japanese by
【Father's Day】 Players, today is Father's Day! What message do martial artists send to their fathers on Father's Day? Leave your answer in the comments! An item pack will be presented to 5 people by lottery! Deadline: June 20th 0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #父の日 #抽選 #プレゼント

Anthony..

15 hours ago, Reaperman said:

There was a Final Vendetta kickstarter update that was placed on the old Xeno Crisis campaign, to reach all those backers. (link)

All the normal stuff we've seen in the other ones, but one extra little bit stood out to me:

A note on why this bothers me:

I shouldn't have to check the kickstarter updates for this. The neo geo versions weren't even sold via that method--they were all sold via the website shop, and the only reason I even get those kickstarter updates is that I happened to have also ordered a genesis copy. There is no note about this on the webshop, nor anything directly notifying me via email. The kickstarter updates are the only place I see it mentioned.

Anyway I'm on the list now--but if anybody out there only ordered a neo geo copy, be aware that they are actually taking emails to fix them. I'd legitimately believed they were radio-silent on the fix situation.

I have a xeno crisis aes cart that requires the audio fix. I have to put a code into the unibios every time I fire it up to get proper audio. I guess I’ll reach out to try n get it fixed. Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat, what’s the latest on Cross Play for KOF 15? I tried to play online the other evening and nobody was on. 😐

Hi Mike,

I think SNK mention that they will be doing updates for today on June 20th. I remember reading about it a few days ago bro. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of WORLD HEROES ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/world-heroes-aca-neogeo/id1607801269 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acawh1 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of MAGICIAN LORD ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magician-lord-aca-neogeo/id1607801266 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acaml #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

• Like 1

You know I had to get a new tv about a couple weeks back, didn't go up in size but different model which ended up being a Roku TV (TCL) basically what it is, its' an android tablet with a LCD with a 6ms refresh like a PC screen.  It's damn good, really good.  It also let me free up the lame fire stick which sucked, but it also allows apple streaming with zero lag.  I have like 10 of these ACA Neo Geo games on my mobile, if I could get my phone to sync up with some wireless controller I have that could get interesting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You know I had to get a new tv about a couple weeks back, didn't go up in size but different model which ended up being a Roku TV (TCL) basically what it is, its' an android tablet with a LCD with a 6ms refresh like a PC screen.  It's damn good, really good.  It also let me free up the lame fire stick which sucked, but it also allows apple streaming with zero lag.  I have like 10 of these ACA Neo Geo games on my mobile, if I could get my phone to sync up with some wireless controller I have that could get interesting.

Interestingly that you mention this Tanooki. I was at my local Best Buy last week and was looking at that unit from TCL as well. It really looks like a well made piece with a reasonable price tag to purchase. Was so tempted to buy that Roku TV very much. After seeing your posting about it, It raised my eyebrows knowing that you recommended for the members to be aware of it.  I'll think I'll buy it during the summertime in the next few weeks. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it Tanooki. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

• Like 2