IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

5 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

How is RotD being released? Looks good. 

Hi Cobra,

From what I was reading up, they plan to do a re release on the Neo-Geo. But now there's  conflicting issues with Piko Interactive that own the rights to Rage of the Dragons. Right now were getting all these mixed signals on what's happening. :( 

I also heard on modern consoles as well. I'm having conversations with Eli at Piko Interactive regarding this and helping him on some future Neo-Geo projects the company has in mind. 

Noise Factory spiritual successor NoiseCor has just announced a future re-release of Rage of the Dragons (the rights to which are now held by Piko) on NeoGeo, to be published by Blazepro. https://twitter.com/noise_mail/status/1664268729604251648 Trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RBnnLbaXTG4

Hello, We have not signed a deal with anyone at this moment for Rage of the Dragons. I'm not sure why Noise Factory would make such announcement if they have been told several times that we will release Rage of the Dragons along the Modern version in 2024.

Whoa! That's terrible that they did so Eli. Sorry that they did this to you bro. If anything, file a complaint or a lawsuit if they release it.

They won’t release it. At least for now. If we cant enter the Japanese market then we’ll look for a distributor there. For now Rage release is projected to Q2 2024.

Noise Factory wrote on their site that they have been working on releasing this game for months. It is obvious that all the companies involved have been working together. How come a trailer comes out with a release date and no contract signed? We're confused. What happened?

Anthony...
  • Like 1

I'd stick with Eli, whatever he says goes on that one given the ownership of it.  He either outright buys or licenses properties and has for quite a long time so he knows what he's doing.  If they tried to slip this out without permission it likely wouldn't end well since it's not like it's China just being china (you know what I mean.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'd stick with Eli, whatever he says goes on that one given the ownership of it.  He either outright buys or licenses properties and has for quite a long time so he knows what he's doing.  If they tried to slip this out without permission it likely wouldn't end well since it's not like it's China just being china (you know what I mean.)

I agree Tanooki. Eli at Piko Interactive has communicated me multiple times regarding the rights to Rage of the Dragons and even been in the works on releasing it themselves for next year. I'll stick with Eli on this one too. 

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

As always, please consider these snack bites as work in progress. For instance, the design of the big enemies will still get an over overhaul. Also, the HUD palette and sound glitches at the end of the recording are just temporary, of course :)

New Neo Geo Shmup "Project Neon" in Early Development | RetroRGB

Project Neon

Anthony..

8 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I'm glad that Piko Interactive, NG.DevTeam, and Super Fighter Team exist. However, I hope that Fun Fun Brothers and a couple of other unreleased games get licensed.

So true Slidel. With their help, they make our beloved classic consoles continue to be active for the community to enjoy. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of THE LAST BLADE ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-last-blade-aca-neogeo/id1613290975 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acalb1 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 An update for Bluetooth controller support has been added to the iOS / Android version of SENGOKU ACA NEOGEO. Now you can play more comfortably on the go! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sengoku-aca-neogeo/id1601559588 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acasengoku1 #ACANEOGEO

Anthony...

Hi guys,

毎月当たるSNK Twitterフォロー&RTキャンペーンを開催! 抽選で10名様にAmazonギフト券(500円分)をプレゼント! ①このアカウントをフォロー ②この投稿をRT でs募完了! キャンペーンは6/30(金)まで! #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
SNK Twitter follow & RT campaign will be held every month! Amazon gift certificate (500 yen) will be presented to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② RT this post Application completed! The campaign is until 6/30 (Fri)! #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV

Fx0OF1eaEAAeput?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

On 5/21/2023 at 6:00 AM, Charlie Cat said:

One thing I remember about Terry Bogard being involved with Super Smash Bros is that many that were cheering and screaming for him. Yet when I ask do you know who he was, many didn't have an idea of his background. I was shocked. Too bad that they didn't at the time. :(

Anthony..

Yeah, the one thing I am disappointed about is that this new game will have Terry's new voice actor. I liked the old one a lot more than the new one.

BTW have you ever played Dominated Mind? I always thought it was really strange that they only ever released that on the PS1 for some reason. I have been thinking about finding a copy if they are not too expensive.

22 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Cobra,

From what I was reading up, they plan to do a re release on the Neo-Geo. But now there's  conflicting issues with Piko Interactive that own the rights to Rage of the Dragons. Right now were getting all these mixed signals on what's happening. :( 

I also heard on modern consoles as well. I'm having conversations with Eli at Piko Interactive regarding this and helping him on some future Neo-Geo projects the company has in mind. 

Noise Factory spiritual successor NoiseCor has just announced a future re-release of Rage of the Dragons (the rights to which are now held by Piko) on NeoGeo, to be published by Blazepro. https://twitter.com/noise_mail/status/1664268729604251648 Trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RBnnLbaXTG4

Hello, We have not signed a deal with anyone at this moment for Rage of the Dragons. I'm not sure why Noise Factory would make such announcement if they have been told several times that we will release Rage of the Dragons along the Modern version in 2024.

Whoa! That's terrible that they did so Eli. Sorry that they did this to you bro. If anything, file a complaint or a lawsuit if they release it.

They won’t release it. At least for now. If we cant enter the Japanese market then we’ll look for a distributor there. For now Rage release is projected to Q2 2024.

Noise Factory wrote on their site that they have been working on releasing this game for months. It is obvious that all the companies involved have been working together. How come a trailer comes out with a release date and no contract signed? We're confused. What happened?

Anthony...

I wonder which Neo geos. Hoping for a Neo geo cd release. Hopefully like xeno crisis that allowed for digital purchase for those of us with furrtek sd mods. 

• Like 1

I went and asked, seems that the Japanese developer claiming they're releasing this really do not have permission, but they were in negotiation to do so.  It could be something as simple as mistranslation/miscommunication where what they read and interpreted was not correct.  They felt they got the nod to go ahead and go with it, whatever 'IT' is, but they aren't allowed and it was/is open to negotiation to do it, but no deal has been made at this time.  They took possible to get a deal as got a deal and here we are whether it's that simple, or being shady, no one is a mind reader.

• Like 1

If you'll excuse my CRT squishing the image at the bottom (I think I may have to adjust the coil?); I have actually beaten Top Hunter on Real Hardware on AES... set to Japanese & Arcade. For reasons I'll never understand, they didn't include it in all other versions!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

I wonder which Neo geos. Hoping for a Neo geo cd release. Hopefully like xeno crisis that allowed for digital purchase for those of us with furrtek sd mods. 

I believe for the AES and MVS Cobra. Unfortunately when the original Rage of the Dragons was released in 2002, the NGCD was discontinued. But I think that can all change now with demand being high and the unit is capable pf handling it with today's technology. :)

Anthony...

7 hours ago, Gecko1993 said:

If you'll excuse my CRT squishing the image at the bottom (I think I may have to adjust the coil?); I have actually beaten Top Hunter on Real Hardware on AES... set to Japanese & Arcade. For reasons I'll never understand, they didn't include it in all other versions!

Thank you for sharing the cool secret ending of Top Hunter Gecko. I really must say this. Almost 30 years later, I continue to learn something new about this game. Now I have to experience this by trying this out myself. Simply fascinating. Really an amazing video this is and a great learning moment that really opened my eyes for sure. I can't wait to try it out bro :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat

6 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Behold, the Six Slot Neo Geo MVS!

Warning: If you manage to score one of these, be prepared to pay at least 6,000 dollars to repair and restore.

Man, I really admire this man for owning this true gem of a cabinet Slidel. In my life time, I think I only came across only four 6 slot MVS units in my lifetime. What beauties they are and personally, $6,000 Dollars to restore them is well worth it. Thank you for sharing this with us bro. :)

Anthony...

9 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Viewpoint's music was the closest thing that a Neo Geo game had to Yuzo Koshiro's trademark style heard in Revenge of Shinobi and Streets of Rage. Speaking of SNK soundtracks:

Nice one Slidel. I always like Psycho Soldier and the music that it offers. I think I have the Japanese cassette soundtrack in the collection. :)

Anthony..

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Thank you for continuing on with more information regarding the re release Rage of the Dragons Tanooki. I think you're right with the miscommunication that turned into a  mishap. Piko does have intentions on offering the game in Japan, but let's see if the deal come true with Noise Factory and BlazePro with Piko's permission..

Anthony...

On 6/6/2023 at 2:02 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, the one thing I am disappointed about is that this new game will have Terry's new voice actor. I liked the old one a lot more than the new one.

BTW have you ever played Dominated Mind? I always thought it was really strange that they only ever released that on the PS1 for some reason. I have been thinking about finding a copy if they are not too expensive.

That's actually a really good Playstation game that was offered for the console in Japan Steve. I remember playing it and was stunned that this port was a fine edition for Real Bout Fatal Fury Special.

Great animation, new combos, hidden unlockable super moves, a storyline on Billy Kane being brainwashed, and the two line battle line system was removed. What really was interesting is that Geese Howard at a Halo over his head to let the gamers know that he died from the original Fatal Fury. 

Wouldn't mind buying the game for the collection bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【予約締切間近!】 『メタルスラッグ』コラボアイテム ご予約受付:6/12(月)昼12:00まで ミリタリーテイストに仕上げた全4アイテム、 受注生産限定のため、ご予約をおsれなく…! ▼ご予約はこちら https://super-groupies.com/title/357/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20230607metalslug #METALSLUG #SNK
Translated from Japanese by
[Reservation deadline is approaching! ] "Metal Slug" collaboration item  Reservation acceptance: 6/12 (Monday) until 12:00 noon All 4 items finished in military taste, Don't forget to make a reservation because it is only made to order! ▼ Click here for reservations https://super-groupies.com/title/357/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20230607metalslug #METALSLUG #SNK

Fx_ZjZ5aYAAhK-1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..