IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Say, let's see what our friend Mike @Steril707 has been up to. On Facebook, his new username is Tigerskunk with a new logo. :)

https://www.facebook.com/Inviyya

May be an illustration

I will rename this page to "Tigerskunk Games", because this is where most people are who are interested in my games, plus I noticed it's a bit stupid to create subpages for each and every game I want to create. Also, sometimes I just want to share little ideas I have, like this mockup I created of how the first Inviyya could look like on the Atari 8 Bitters... 😉
I will share a video of Krogharr by the way. Looking forward to your reactions. Quite happy about the way it turned out to look like so far.

May be an image of snake and centipede

The underwater end boss is near in this area in Hyperblaster/Inviyya2....
May be an image of text

Anthony...

• Like 4

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】ドラフトモードによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://tonamel.com/competition/PI8vw #SNK #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
[Notice] A tournament will be held in Draft Mode. Please join us! https://tonamel.com/competition/PI8vw #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony...

Hi guys,

『KOF15』DLCキャラ“デュオロン”(声:河本啓佑)が9月12日配信。暗殺者集団“飛賊”の長である龍(ロン)の息子が参戦 一部性能を確認できるトレーラーも公開。配信にあわせてゲームバランスの調整も実施される。 #KOFXV #KOF15 https://famitsu.com/news/202309/05315730.html
Translated from Japanese by
"KOF15" DLC character "Duoron" (voice: Keisuke Kawamoto) will be delivered on September 12th. The son of Ron, the leader of the assassin group "Bizarre", participates in the war. A trailer that can check some performance is also released. The game balance will also be adjusted according to the distribution. #KOFXV #KOF15 https://famitsu.com/news/202309/05315730.html

F5PzlbZa8AAf1Hd?format=webp&name=360x360

F5Pzljsa8AAGx8R?format=webp&name=360x360

F5PzlpfbEAA0lB1?format=webp&name=360x360

F5PzlvgbYAAb3gM?format=webp&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1

These Neo projects are nice, but it's so so so hard to stomach these like $500+ prices.  I definitely wouldn't drop that on a more basic game, let alone a fighter, burned out on fighting games only doing them in passing now when a mood hits.  I really would have liked NeoTris but ouch, that I would have put some time on, but that much value in time??  I mean I get the boards and shells do cost something, but given how cheaply you can get the Aliexpress bundles of 161 and lesser sized carts for about $55-60 shipped or less, it just seems skating into the realm of exploitation.  I know these people deserve money for their work and definitely they do, but are they over paying on the pieces to make the manuals, pcbs, chips, etc?  Or do they feel that a $500 game with $50-100 in parts is fair?  I'm not sure why I haven't seen their argument come up much if ever, other than the basic surface bitching about costs to the buyer.  It just seems off to me.

• Like 2

Is this about the Bitmap Bureau games or other one? They sell their games for around 330£, while the versions for other consoles are 55£ and for CD consoles it's £25. I think they argued that they make these games in small quantities in the UK, which must affect the price somehow, but Evercade is also based on there, their games also have a box and a manual and cost much less.

I think they only sell on that price because there are people buying it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

These Neo projects are nice, but it's so so so hard to stomach these like $500+ prices.  I definitely wouldn't drop that on a more basic game, let alone a fighter, burned out on fighting games only doing them in passing now when a mood hits.  I really would have liked NeoTris but ouch, that I would have put some time on, but that much value in time??  I mean I get the boards and shells do cost something, but given how cheaply you can get the Aliexpress bundles of 161 and lesser sized carts for about $55-60 shipped or less, it just seems skating into the realm of exploitation.  I know these people deserve money for their work and definitely they do, but are they over paying on the pieces to make the manuals, pcbs, chips, etc?  Or do they feel that a $500 game with $50-100 in parts is fair?  I'm not sure why I haven't seen their argument come up much if ever, other than the basic surface bitching about costs to the buyer.  It just seems off to me.

I feel ya man. These neo homebrew games end up being 500 to 600 cad. And since neo homebrew really seems to be jumping off right now I’m seriously considering a neosd. I love my old school aes and mvs games and cases and what not but these newer games I’d be more than happy with a rom that plays on my original hardware

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

I feel ya man. These neo homebrew games end up being 500 to 600 cad. And since neo homebrew really seems to be jumping off right now I’m seriously considering a neosd. I love my old school aes and mvs games and cases and what not but these newer games I’d be more than happy with a rom that plays on my original hardware

I hate to admit it, but as bad as those cost, they're tempting me as well.  Not that I want to be stealing these new games, and they are (enough) out there, but I can not condone or rationalize the amount on the price tag they're asking vs what the materials costs.  Sure it's an arcade game in the end, but it's still also a 16bit era cartridge game too.  I get there's more there, but when you can get N64 SNES Genesis games CIB for $50-60 stateside, less through slimier means (aliexpress) it does paint a picture that isn't pretty on what's being asked, vs what should be fairly asked.  I've wanted those ng dev games, not all, but kraut buster as it is, the non-shooters, I've wanted to play but that price tag is wallet rape.  It's why I have around 35 or so MVS carts in various states of game to complete kits, and then the v3 of the 161in1 that they finally decade+ later bugfixed.  If the 138 ever came back into supply or I stumbled upon one I'd grab it as that would lock down largely anything else of the MVS library minus those garbage quiz/mahjong games.

• Like 1

Oh, so it's the Neo Geo Dev games, has anyone opened one of their cartridges to see if they are full sized or if the PCB is small? And let's be real, the largest Neo Geo games aren't even 100Mb, the cost should be almost nothing nowadays, if they really have a low profit for every cartridge sold they could simply put more than one game in a single cartridge and program a game selecting menu.

But look on the bright side, if you are an owner of a coin-op arcade you would only need around 1674 dollar quarters to pay for the game.

• Like 2

You guys should be glad for when I do get around to developing for Neo Geo, I'll make the ROMs available for purchase for the Neo SD. (I'll still do physical releases, but having to make cartridge shells is just one of many things that have to be done.) I will say that all MVS releases will have shockboxes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I hate to admit it, but as bad as those cost, they're tempting me as well.  Not that I want to be stealing these new games, and they are (enough) out there, but I can not condone or rationalize the amount on the price tag they're asking vs what the materials costs.  Sure it's an arcade game in the end, but it's still also a 16bit era cartridge game too.  I get there's more there, but when you can get N64 SNES Genesis games CIB for $50-60 stateside, less through slimier means (aliexpress) it does paint a picture that isn't pretty on what's being asked, vs what should be fairly asked.  I've wanted those ng dev games, not all, but kraut buster as it is, the non-shooters, I've wanted to play but that price tag is wallet rape.  It's why I have around 35 or so MVS carts in various states of game to complete kits, and then the v3 of the 161in1 that they finally decade+ later bugfixed.  If the 138 ever came back into supply or I stumbled upon one I'd grab it as that would lock down largely anything else of the MVS library minus those garbage quiz/mahjong games.

Im all about supporting these new game developers. Im just trying to be realistic with myself and what I can afford. I want to be able to play all these new games coming out and it looks like this is just the tip of the iceberg. With a one time stupid high flash cart purchase followed by 20 dollar or so roms that would allow me to do so and also games for other systems like the genesis/Jaguar/2600/7800. All systems with amazing homebrew scenes. It’s just do I wanna drop 1000 bucks cad on a neosd flash cart that may or may not work lol

• Like 2

Hi guys,

@Tanooki @M-S @Madwindoman @SlidellMan

Speaking of new Neo-Geo games. Johnny16Bit and OzzyYzzo shared another new video on Cyborg Force with the following tweet today.

More #CyborgForce action! https://youtu.be/SmmbPfKuzDA Stay tuned as pre-orders are opening soon! 

Anthony...

• Like 1

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @masschamber @Reaperman @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @aduffy1976 @M-S @retrorussell @wolfy62 @GoldLeader @roots.genoa @x=usr(1536) @Tanooki @Cobra Strike Down @MarkoCG77 @SoundGammon @Songbird @Stage_1_Boss @joeatari1 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @atarian63 @Atarian7 @Serguei2 @DJ Clae @doctorclu @128Kgames @eightbit @Steril707 @SpicedUp! @neogeo1982 @electricmastro @Mikebloke @Darrin9999

Hi guys,

Here's the latest information and pics about our pal @drludos game "Yo-Yo Shuriken" that were sent to me by fellow AtariAge member and friend, @japangameonline and receiving permission by both to share it here for us to see. To be added to the list, please contact JapanGamesOnline by PM'ing him on AtariAge, or by email. 

From JapanGameOnline that was sent to me,

"We are finally finishing the yo-yo shuriken game, we will sell it since Dr.Ludos gave it to us for several games
I don't have good photos now, on the 12th I will have the insert that is in production.

It will be a small quantity sale, maximum 20 units at €250 + shipping.

If anyone from the forum is interested, tell me or send me an email to lasmejorescarcasas@gmail.com
thanks my friend"

20230905_173344.jpg

20230905_173416.jpg

20230905_173420.jpg

20230905_173349.jpg

20230905_173426.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, M-S said:

Oh, so it's the Neo Geo Dev games, has anyone opened one of their cartridges to see if they are full sized or if the PCB is small? And let's be real, the largest Neo Geo games aren't even 100Mb, the cost should be almost nothing nowadays, if they really have a low profit for every cartridge sold they could simply put more than one game in a single cartridge and program a game selecting menu.

But look on the bright side, if you are an owner of a coin-op arcade you would only need around 1674 dollar quarters to pay for the game.

The roms are a mixture of large and small in my Xeno Crisis MVS cart. There are no EPROMs neither. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @masschamber @Reaperman @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @aduffy1976 @M-S @retrorussell @wolfy62 @GoldLeader @roots.genoa @x=usr(1536) @Tanooki @Cobra Strike Down @MarkoCG77 @SoundGammon @Songbird @Stage_1_Boss @joeatari1 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @atarian63 @Atarian7 @Serguei2 @DJ Clae @doctorclu @128Kgames @eightbit @Steril707 @SpicedUp! @neogeo1982 @electricmastro @Mikebloke

Hi guys,

Here's the latest information and pics about our pal @drludos game "Yo-Yo Shuriken" that were sent to me by fellow AtariAge member and friend, @japangameonline and receiving permission by both to share it here for us to see. To be added to the list, please contact JapanGamesOnline by PM'ing him on AtariAge, or by email. 

From JapanGameOnline that was sent to me,

"We are finally finishing the yo-yo shuriken game, we will sell it since Dr.Ludos gave it to us for several games
I don't have good photos now, on the 12th I will have the insert that is in production.

It will be a small quantity sale, maximum 20 units at €250 + shipping.

If anyone from the forum is interested, tell me or send me an email to lasmejorescarcasas@gmail.com
thanks my friend"

20230905_173344.jpg

20230905_173416.jpg

20230905_173420.jpg

20230905_173349.jpg

20230905_173426.jpg

Anthony..

I want an MVS copy! ☺️👍🏻

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

You guys should be glad for when I do get around to developing for Neo Geo, I'll make the ROMs available for purchase for the Neo SD. (I'll still do physical releases, but having to make cartridge shells is just one of many things that have to be done.) I will say that all MVS releases will have shockboxes.

Could do like other sellers and make a cartridge only version if it ends up being too expensive

21 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

All systems with amazing homebrew scenes. It’s just do I wanna drop 1000 bucks cad on a neosd flash cart that may or may not work lol

You should check that, but I think the NeoSD has a block for a lot of homebrew games, NGDev asked Darksoft for that.

• Like 2