IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

ACA NEOGEO series for Nintendo Switch has started in North America! Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO on Switch! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/index.htm

C6vBsDAVoAA2SdW.jpg
16 replies89 retweets114 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ACA NEOGEO THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 for Xbox One has started worldwide! Please enjoy on Xbox One! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/xboxone/kof94.htm

C6vBIfeU8AAFxuV.jpg
2 replies26 retweets39 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here is today's KOFXIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C61vSM_VoAE8R8_.jpg
3 replies33 retweets84 likes
Retweet
Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: introducing the latest screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C61vbOpU8AALn6x.jpg
0 replies68 retweets88 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A fraction of a HUGE JP collection I picked up last week. Lots of Neo Geo AES, Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, PC Engine. ..

BiibU15CIAA3BtU.jpg
6 replies0 retweets4 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

That is the ebay troll madgear games isn't it? I don't know who I feel more sorry for, the guy he ripped off hard to get that much, or each person who will pay well over sticker price for the games individually on ebay over the months and years to come. Normally I'd be happy to see someone get that, but not in this case as people like that cause normal people problems finding stuff without being scalped.

• Like 1

If you'd allow me to interject with a question or two here I am a NEO-GEO newbie and somebody with collecting ADD.

I am thinking of adding a new console to my collection and am looking at Neo Geo Pocket Colors. What I'd like to be able to is pick up the console plus a few games and be all in for about $100. Problem is I don't really know much about the system and the game library. The hardware itself looks to be pretty solid and the microswitched stick seems to get rave reviews. But I am having a hard time getting a good feel for the game library... I am assuming lots of fighters (which would be a negative for me), hear good things about the Metal Slugs, there is a Sonic port for it and Pac Man.

• Like 2

If you'd allow me to interject with a question or two here I am a NEO-GEO newbie and somebody with collecting ADD.

I am thinking of adding a new console to my collection and am looking at Neo Geo Pocket Colors. What I'd like to be able to is pick up the console plus a few games and be all in for about $100. Problem is I don't really know much about the system and the game library. The hardware itself looks to be pretty solid and the microswitched stick seems to get rave reviews. But I am having a hard time getting a good feel for the game library... I am assuming lots of fighters (which would be a negative for me), hear good things about the Metal Slugs, there is a Sonic port for it and Pac Man.

Hi Desert,

Thank you for participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you here my good man. Welcome aboard! :waving:

Please enjoy your stay with the many entertaining postings that we have to offer to the community. Were glad to accept new members here and happy to have you partake to the many conversations that we have on the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged kind sir. We can wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

Glad that your interested on purchasing a NGPC. Its a great little gem of a unit that will keep up busy for sure. I personally have one and spent many hours playing it it. The hardware library is sizable with fighters (of course) with other titles from different genres to help keep you interested on the unit. Yes, therei s Sonic and Pac-Man for the unit with gambling titles to play as well. Sports titles Like Neo Turf Masters and tennis is on the NGPC. Gamers that do own the NGPC do admit that a back light would've been great for it. But you can mod it to have it into the unit if you want as an option to play.

If you like, here is some videos regarding the NGPC and why gamers are so much into this underrated handheld.

Thank you again Desert for posting. Come by anytime in the near future and hope we can help you even further. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62l0CPJbZA

Anthony...

• Like 1

Being a former owner on the look out for one now I'm feeling about the same as far as going all in on it. I don't know how ADD or OCD like you are either, condition can matter. You can bargain basement out a NGPC with some screen scuffs, body too for around $40 if you're careful on ebay. If you want a pretty one add maybe $10-20 to it. Games can vary, the worst of them still should set you back $5-10 range, most the others fall into $10-20 I've seen, and a few get higher sticking to the US market. There are a few that scalper slime have magically decided are rare when they weren't and you can pay $100+ on those which would be comical if it wasn't painful for someone who wants the game. But that's where you have SAINT (check for his thread on the board) for a NGPC flash kit, a cart with a microSD card slot where you can just toss ROMS on that and it will play the games all the same which should be out in another month or two.

I remember most of the library, if I read up a release list on the wikipedia as a refresher for names I could probably remember the rest or near it. It is a solid library, not much of it would be considered average or even crap which is odd for a handheld or console at all. Perhaps because mostly SNK or their arcade partners like Yumekobo(Biomotor Unitron, made arcade game Blazing Star) or ADK (known for Magician Lord in the arcades) who put stuff on it too and little of anyone else so turds were avoided. You'll notice fast like the arcade a lot of the games are 1on1 'chibi' art style fighters but play well. But for as many fighters as there are, if you peek into it, there's variety, and good bit much borrowed from arcade games too, and some that aren't. From outside SNK you have a really honest nice working copy of Pac-Man, even came with a little plastic ring to lock the stick to make play easier, and then a kinda port/conversion/remix of Sonic 2 from the Game Gear. Neo Turf Masters and Baseball Stars two of their best known sports games make an appearance in style. You have an odd RPG that's solid with Biomotor Unitron, limited on shooters but there is the faux rare to gouge Cotton which I had that's excellent. There are card battler games too. Quite a few odd puzzles, even music based stuff. You're best off going into the wikipedia, then taking game names and firing that across youtube for visual examples.

• Like 1