IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Yeah I get that Chinese or Taiwan made electronics are pretty poor when it comes to build quality but is the NeoSD Chinese made? Mine seems brilliant quality and the package, box, paper-work while it won't set the work alight it all pretty nice. Sorry if thats not what you meant but Im confused, you'll have to forgive me got a dodgy brain! lol

And Im a on/off Jag fan don't love it anywhere near My CDZ or Cart Neo but at the price this haul was and everything Atari seal and new, I couldn't resist! ;)

HAHAHA! Would kill me for sure!

Ahh didn't see that! Why did the do that! Thats insane did the keep the NAOMI JAMMA set Ant or get rid of it?

To replace MvC2 With the Rumble Fish 2 while a good game, looks and plays well but its no MvC2 theres no way Id get rid of that amazing NAOMI system for that AtomisWave game! No way! Dose that Arcade ever sell the games to the public?

MJ

Hey Matty,

That wasn't even an original MVC II unit either. So it had its moments with other games. I think they put an Atomiswave unit inside the cabinet because they had Neo Wave, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Rumble Fish 1 & 2, and Metal Slug 6 on other cabs as well at the time.

But you're right, why would they give up a money maker like MVC II that still draws gamers to the arcades. It maybe 16 years old. But what a fantastic competitive fighter it is. Both Ruble Fishes doesn't even come close, But then again, if the owner feels it good enough to be there, then so be it. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

大阪本社1階のショールームです2728.png KOF XIVのアーケードポスターもありますよ1f601.png2728.png#SNKpic.twitter.com/ndZ6zvGNHV

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Osaka Head Office on the first floor showroom is . KOF XIV arcade poster #SNK

DNHUzltVoAEcPXY.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

MVSが置いてあります2728.png KOF'97とKOF XIII2728.png#SNKpic.twitter.com/xmJ2SBERRa

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

MVS, there KOF ' 97 and KOF XIII #SNK

DNHVNywVQAE_9bW.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Yeah that smad that he'd do away with MvC 2 as you said its such a huge money spinner close to two decade after release!

Dose the arcade owner sell the kits once he's had his fill?

I know your not a Capcom fan as such but seeing that pic of the MvC2 cab had to pull out some of my top fighters!

Been offered CRAZY money for my PAL MvC2! :/

post-61243-0-46692400-1509090301_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-56190900-1509090332_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-00710500-1509090357_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-56892100-1509090367_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-40883700-1509090394_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-29428000-1509090416_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-51679900-1509090440_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-18707000-1509090462_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-14410700-1509090486_thumb.jpg

Just some of my None SNK/Neo fighters! I thought Id share with you!

DNHVNywVQAE_9bW.jpg

KOF 97 MVS, thats the daddy! Awesome!

• Like 2

Yeah that smad that he'd do away with MvC 2 as you said its such a huge money spinner close to two decade after release!

Dose the arcade owner sell the kits once he's had his fill?

I know your not a Capcom fan as such but seeing that pic of the MvC2 cab had to pull out some of my top fighters!

Been offered CRAZY money for my PAL MvC2! :/

Just some of my None SNK/Neo fighters! I thought Id share with you!

KOF 97 MVS, thats the daddy! Awesome!

Nice stuff Matty. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Oh, I do like Capcom and its fighters. So many of their fighters in the genre are so iconic, that it's impossible to ignore. I'm just a SNK player more since I got addicted to the Neo-Geo.

Amazing of what the new SNK building in Osaka looks like. Long gone are the days when they were in the larger level construction in the same city. :(

Now

DNGq65KVAAA9jW7.jpg

Then

CyldtDUXEAAifmG.jpg

Anthony...

I LOVE the old SNK HQ, The MASSIVE, HUGE Japanese 'smile' logo on the side was sooo cool!!

No argument here Matty! :-D

Hopefully, they will return to a building similar to it when they become more financially stable and profitable. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey Matty,

That wasn't even an original MVC II unit either. So it had its moments with other games. I think they put an Atomiswave unit inside the cabinet because they had Neo Wave, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Rumble Fish 1 & 2, and Metal Slug 6 on other cabs as well at the time.

But you're right, why would they give up a money maker like MVC II that still draws gamers to the arcades. It maybe 16 years old. But what a fantastic competitive fighter it is. Both Ruble Fishes doesn't even come close, But then again, if the owner feels it good enough to be there, then so be it. :)

Anthony...

If i recall Metal slug 6, Neo Geo Coliseum, and Neo Wave were restricted to Japan Only so must of came from secondary market

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Delivery of copies of the #NeoGeo Book - A Visual History have arrived! #SNKpic.twitter.com/GoZh3kTYul

DNI-T6LXUAAS4sf.jpg
DNI-T6IXkAUtwhk.jpg
DNI-T6JX0AAWihY.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 2