IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi everyone!!

I'm Oriol (aka Dr. Strangelove) from Barcelona. I started to collect and study the Neo·Geo AES system few years ago and I really found out a lot of interesting stuff... rare games, protos, curiosities... SNK universe is a huge one and very obscure and exciting at the same time IMO. Thus, I opened my youtube channel Dr. Strangelove Retrogaming (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1v6j56GMDA4B60ePGhdGFg) where I post guides, unboxings, technical reviews and game overviews from NG and other retro systems. I addition, I host a monthly podcast (in Spanish) to discuss about several things related to classical videogame systems. For your interest, we interviewed Dion Dakis here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBg8WpxFKLw)

as well as we discussed with him the authenticity of a Metal Slug that he was selling at that time on Facebook

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOBqxdKqlcw).

I'm also coming up with AES/MVS stuff on twitter among other games and systems.

I wanna thank Anthony Durso for inviting me to this forum, I'm really pleased and proud to be a new member of this community and I hope to rise to the occasion and learn a lot from you guys.

See you along this thread!

Dr.

Edited by Dr. Strangelove
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, I just wanted to wish Anthony a Happy 4 year anniversary with his his Neo Geo forum. I am very happy that he found my small YouTube channel and decided to add my content. I included a link to my latest Neo Geo pickups because it was such a good find. Happy Anniversary Neo Geo forum!

• Like 1

Mai from fatal Fury in action in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Gameplay in arcade mode.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your Mai Shiranui video in DOA5. I still feel it was a great move by SNK and Tecmo to allow this iconic character in the game. Nicely developed by them with great controlls and moves that makes any gamer in the community to try playing her to be amazed.

Thank you again NGCD. We are always glad to see your works. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hello everyone, I just wanted to wish Anthony a Happy 4 year anniversary with his his Neo Geo forum. I am very happy that he found my small YouTube channel and decided to add my content. I included a link to my latest Neo Geo pickups because it was such a good find. Happy Anniversary Neo Geo forum!

Glad to see you back Glynn :thumbsup:

Thank you for coming by and wishing a great happy 4th anniversary to the Neo-Geo thread my man. Always glad to see you with us.

Thank you for sharing your part 2 video of that amazing pickup video with those awesome Neo-Geo titles. I got to admit bro, you got me jealous after this great trade for sure. :-D I decided I'm moving in and giving you that security deposit now. Catch me at the Greyhound station soon Glynn. I'm coming over. :-D :)

Keep up the excellent work as usual Glynn. See ya soon. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Hi everyone!!

I'm Oriol (aka Dr. Strangelove) from Barcelona. I started to collect and study the Neo·Geo AES system few years ago and I really found out a lot of interesting stuff... rare games, protos, curiosities... SNK universe is a huge one and very obscure and exciting at the same time IMO. Thus, I opened my youtube channel Dr. Strangelove Retrogaming where I post guides, unboxings, technical reviews and game overviews from NG and other retro systems. I addition, I host a monthly podcast (in Spanish) to discuss about several things related to classical videogame systems. For your interest, we interviewed Dion Dakis here

as well as we discussed with him the authenticity of a Metal Slug that he was selling at that time on Facebook

I'm also coming up with AES/MVS stuff on twitter among other games and systems.

I wanna thank Anthony Durso for inviting me to this forum, I'm really pleased and proud to be a new member of this community and I hope to rise to the occasion and learn a lot from you guys.

See you along this thread!

Dr.

Hi Doc,

Welcome Aboard to Atariage.com. Thank you for participating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you on with us. :waving:

Please enjoy your stay and were glad to see you here posting on the exciting Neo-Geo platforms with the many titles that it have to offer. Feel free to look around for your convenience and revert to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread, Hopefully, we have a posting(s) that will be a benefit for you to help in your Neo-Geo endeavors! If you have any inquiries or concerns that you would like to address, you're more than welcome to write here that pertaining to the Neo-Geo! :)

Interesting videos that you posted here with us. In the past, I use to post foreign language videos to show our members and guest what other gamers across the globe were saying in regards to Neo-Geo. After seeing this, I should continue on doing so. Nice work kind sir. :thumbsup:

Thank you again Doc for enlisting and posting on the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. We can't wait to see more from you in the immediate future. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. 【イベントのお知らせ】『SNK POP-UP SHOP in Shibuya LOFT』、初日からたくさんのご来店ありがとうございます!前回のイベントで売り切れたアクリルキーホルダーも再入荷して絶賛販売中!お見逃しなく!http://buff.ly/2GH4TZY  #SNK  #KOF #NEOGEOpic.twitter.com/fjlJifjszE

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[Event Announcement] "SNK pop-up SHOP in Shibuya LOFT", thank you for many visits from the first day! The acrylic key chain sold out at the last event is also re-stocked and acclaimed sale! Don't miss it! http://buff.ly/2GH4TZY #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO

DZQ2ZKPVAAABiSn.jpg
    DZQ2ZKYUMAA66QY.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 「上裸の八神庵」タペストリーを買って職場に吊るしました。 【SNKファン必見】餓狼伝説にKOF…「SNK POP-UP SHOP in Shibuya LOFT」に行ってきた | ヌートン 新たな情報未発見メディア http://nuwton.com/game/27364/ pic.twitter.com/ZFMGZsuYem

Translate from Japanese

"The Naked Yagami Iori" bought a tapestry and hung it in the office. [sNK fan must see] bout Fatal Fury... "SNK pop-up SHOP in Shibuya LOFT" | Nooton new information Undiscovered Media http://nuwton.com/game/27364/

DZNK30QU8AA3G8s.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【開催まであと2日!】2018年3月26日(月)~4月12日(木)まで、渋谷ロフト6Fアート&カルチャーフロアにて『SNK POP-UP SHOP in Shibuya LOFT』を開催!SNK人気タイトルの商品多数取り揃えてます! https://buff.ly/2GH4TZY  #SNK  #KOF #NEOGEOpic.twitter.com/mGzTryYmeA

Translate from Japanese

[Two days until the event! "SNK pop-up SHOP in Shibuya LOFT" is held at Shibuya Loft 6f Art & Culture floor from March 26, 2018 to Thursday, April 12 I have a lot of products of SNK popular title! https://buff.ly/2GH4TZY #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO

DZCyvopWsAAbjqz.jpg
    DZCyvoXXUAEd22g.jpg
    DZCyvoKXUAA4_mS.jpg
    DZCyvoRW0AEJ-On.jpg

Anthony..

Good to know Villo. :thumbsup:

SNK NTSC region versions don't cost as much compared to the PAL versions I see as of late. If the McBoot works on your PS2, that would be great.

Now as for a good emulator to play Neo-Geo titles, MAME is a top one that comes to peoples mind since its a popular emulator. and been out there for a while The next one would be Nebula. That's another good one as well.

Hope this helps you Villo. Thank you for posting with us. :)

Anthony..

Right I'll get MAME installed now. I've used this in the past a couple of years back so hopefully I'll be able to work my way around it without to much fuss.

• Like 1

Right I'll get MAME installed now. I've used this in the past a couple of years back so hopefully I'll be able to work my way around it without to much fuss.

Good to know Villo. :thumbsup:

We can't wait to see you in action when playing and discussing Neo-Geo. This will be fun for sure. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Contributor Furrek is f planning out a Neo-Geo FPGA board. Fascinating. :cool:

1. I think it's time to start planning out the NeoGeo FPGA board ! I'd like to discuss various options but Twitter isn't made for that I think :x

4 replies 1 retweet 21 likes

Anthony..

Quick review/opinion on Samurai Shodown V Special on Playstation 4. Should you buy that port?

fdurso224; I would love to visit that SNK store! I'll be so poor after!

Hey NGCD,

Another well done gameplay and review done by you kind sir. I believe we all agree on this gem of a title to own and have on the Playstation to with SSVS. :-D Thank you as always for what you do for us bro. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

I second that on going to the SNK store as well, if I go, by wallet and bank account will suffer no doubt. :-D

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Interesting point about the NeoGeo. Nicoll argues its failure was the limited quality of games+price, but also about the communal experience of arcades. This is a subtle point that comes up in preservation lit. every so often - how to preserve the contextual experience of a game? pic.twitter.com/Bo6aSL5oO1

DZPxD2LXcAAgSL2.jpg

Anthony..