IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hello, I was informed of this forum by fdurso224 after he left a super nice comment on my YouTube channel, he also very kindly left a link to my latest review of Last Resort on the page before this on this forum. That was jolly nice of him indeed. He mentioned on my channel that this is a really cool place to hang out with other Neo Geo fans. So here I am and I hope this to be the start of something exciting and new.

So as you can see in my signature I do have a weekly retro review show that covers a bunch of old consoles, computers and some sexy Neo Geo, its a new channel as I only started it late last year after a health scare left me with a little more time on my hands (and a little time to consider what I actually want to spend time doing), as I am sure you know YouTube has its ups'n'down but one thing for sure is it is really hard to start a new channel these days and being able to get your channel shown to people who may like it is just so hard, so whenever somebody like fdurso224 points out something as cool as this place, well its blooming nice :)

I currently have a couple of Sega Astro City's that I just adore and among other things maybe 50-60 MVS titles (most in some neat shock boxs), I make a bit of a exception for the good old Neo buy reviewing it as I dont use emulation for anything else. Some point soon I will get my supergun sorted so I can capture the MVS directly as this will make me feel better :) . Anyway, I do review a fair few systems and honestly right now the Neo gets around 50% less views than other systems, I would love that to change but for now I review it because I love it and well, thats a good enough reason for me.

My reviews are all super light hearted, I always have a quick talked about the month the game was released and I dont like to take anything very seriously, I dont pretend to know everything because, well, I dont... I always stick to the saying "nobody likes a smartarse" :) So if you are looking for a quick fun review show, hey, check me out...

Long live the Neo Geo, it really is like a fine wine :)

Thanks

Sime

• Like 2

Hello, I was informed of this forum by fdurso224 after he left a super nice comment on my YouTube channel, he also very kindly left a link to my latest review of Last Resort on the page before this on this forum. That was jolly nice of him indeed. He mentioned on my channel that this is a really cool place to hang out with other Neo Geo fans. So here I am and I hope this to be the start of something exciting and new.

So as you can see in my signature I do have a weekly retro review show that covers a bunch of old consoles, computers and some sexy Neo Geo, its a new channel as I only started it late last year after a health scare left me with a little more time on my hands (and a little time to consider what I actually want to spend time doing), as I am sure you know YouTube has its ups'n'down but one thing for sure is it is really hard to start a new channel these days and being able to get your channel shown to people who may like it is just so hard, so whenever somebody like fdurso224 points out something as cool as this place, well its blooming nice :)

I currently have a couple of Sega Astro City's that I just adore and among other things maybe 50-60 MVS titles (most in some neat shock boxs), I make a bit of a exception for the good old Neo buy reviewing it as I dont use emulation for anything else. Some point soon I will get my supergun sorted so I can capture the MVS directly as this will make me feel better :) . Anyway, I do review a fair few systems and honestly right now the Neo gets around 50% less views than other systems, I would love that to change but for now I review it because I love it and well, thats a good enough reason for me.

My reviews are all super light hearted, I always have a quick talked about the month the game was released and I dont like to take anything very seriously, I dont pretend to know everything because, well, I dont... I always stick to the saying "nobody likes a smartarse" :) So if you are looking for a quick fun review show, hey, check me out...

Long live the Neo Geo, it really is like a fine wine :)

Thanks

Sime

Hi Sime,

Thank you for enlisting onto Atariage and participating on the Neo-Geo thread. I appreciate the thoughtful words you mention to me. It certainly means plenty for sure. Welcome aboard kind sir. :waving:

We are certainly excited that you have an interest towards the Neo-Geo. So many of timeless classics for you to enjoy. I'm sure we can help you out with suggestions on good games for you to pick up or play for your entertaining needs. Yes...we don't mock others because you don't have original hardware. As long as your having a blast playing Neo-Geo on by other means of playing them, it's perfectly fine with us. So no worries my good man. :)

That's amazing that you have quite a setup to play your games on Sime. That Sega Astro City is a legendary unit that is adored by many. We would love to see your gaming skills in action playing on that beauty someday. We also have a good amount of fellow UK residents on Atariage and they participate in Neo-Geo gaming as well. So you don't have to feel out of place kind sir. :)

Thank you for posting with us Sime. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to write . Will be glad to answer them as best and quickly as possible.

Seen you soon my good man. Enjoy these great selection of games and have fun through out the Atariage forums. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey folks,

My newest video review of a NEO GEO game is STAKES WINNER. Kind of cute horse racing game with sort of super-deformed horses (they look like ponies). You have a "reins" button and "whip" button-- the first to get your horse to speed up ever-so-slightly and the second to make it speed up more noticeably; though both drain its energy (more so with the latter button). If you horse is out of energy is has likely lost the race, as it will slow to a crawl. Judicious use of the whip (it's often good to save it for the final stretch) is key to winning races, but so is making sure you collect all helpful icons that appear (like wings for super speed and carrots for replenishing your power meter). Note that you can also "nudge" horses out of the way by tapping the joystick forward twice; this is very helpful in emerging from a tight crowd. Place in the top 3 to continue without having to use a credit. Every 3 races you get to participate in a bonus course-- improve your horse's stats by crossing the finish line in time and avoiding the moles that pop out of the ground and slow down your horse. Finish the 5th, 9th or 12th (final) courses in first place to unlock a couple bonus courses (Breeders Cup Classic and Prix De Le Arc De Triomphe). Neigh!

• Like 2

Hey folks,

My newest video review of a NEO GEO game is STAKES WINNER. Kind of cute horse racing game with sort of super-deformed horses (they look like ponies). You have a "reins" button and "whip" button-- the first to get your horse to speed up ever-so-slightly and the second to make it speed up more noticeably; though both drain its energy (more so with the latter button). If you horse is out of energy is has likely lost the race, as it will slow to a crawl. Judicious use of the whip (it's often good to save it for the final stretch) is key to winning races, but so is making sure you collect all helpful icons that appear (like wings for super speed and carrots for replenishing your power meter). Note that you can also "nudge" horses out of the way by tapping the joystick forward twice; this is very helpful in emerging from a tight crowd. Place in the top 3 to continue without having to use a credit. Every 3 races you get to participate in a bonus course-- improve your horse's stats by crossing the finish line in time and avoiding the moles that pop out of the ground and slow down your horse. Finish the 5th, 9th or 12th (final) courses in first place to unlock a couple bonus courses (Breeders Cup Classic and Prix De Le Arc De Triomphe). Neigh!

Hey Russ,

Thank you for sharing this with us on the Neo-Geo thread bro. I like Stakes Winner. It's a fun game and for horse lovers like my brother to really enjoy. This certainly made his day for sure. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO SENGOKU 3 is now available on PS4,Xbox One and Nintendo Switch! SENGOKU 3 is a side-scrolling action game released by SNK in 2001. Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/sengoku3.htm pic.twitter.com/KulaHm5mqC

DZooMXeVoAAQjyG.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Longplay for The King of Fighters'95, Gameboy version! Playing the game with my Super Gameboy. It's quite an good game for a Gameboy port.

WOW! Nice pick to play with this awesome classic NGCD. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So many hours playing King of Fighters '95 for the Game Boy when I was 12-13 years old. I played it in school, the school yard, my room, bathroom, you name it. One of my favorite Game Boy game growing up and still is a personal favorite NGCD.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It made my day. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

WOW! Nice pick to play with this awesome classic NGCD. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So many hours playing King of Fighters '95 for the Game Boy when I was 12-13 years old. I played it in school, the school yard, my room, bathroom, you name it. One of my favorite Game Boy game growing up and still is a personal favorite NGCD.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It made my day. :)

Anthony..

Your welcome. Its amazing how Takara manage to make a decent fighting game for the Game Boy base on a Neo Geo game. Now Im looking forward to find more Neo Geo port on Game Boy.

• Like 1

Your welcome. Its amazing how Takara manage to make a decent fighting game for the Game Boy base on a Neo Geo game. Now Im looking forward to find more Neo Geo port on Game Boy.

Sounds good NGCD. To help out here's the list of SNK for the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance off Wikipedia

Game Boy[edit]

Game Boy Advance[edit]

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

I was looking at all the ACA releases and saw Power Spikes 2 on there. I was wondering, why would they ever release Power Spikes 2?

Hmmm. Wonder why myself Evan. But I do have to admit it's a fun game to play. But I think they could've done better for sure.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

I wouldn't mind if this is true on the Neo-Geo. Most likely an April Fools joke.

1. SNKが新作NEOGEOソフトを開発中!? スマホアプリ「君はヒーロー」の格ゲー開発現場の写真を入手!? #キミヒロ #NEOGEO #SNK #エイプリルフールpic.twitter.com/FTbzAO78EM

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

SNK is developing a new NEOGEO software!? Smartphone "You're a Hero" you get a photo of the game development site!? #キミヒロ #NEOGEO #SNK #エイプリルフール

DZoBa1ZVAAAzMJQ.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 昨日4/1は、「サムライスピリッツ」に出演している首斬り破沙羅さんの命日だったのをご存知ですか? 破沙羅さんの命日は「天明八年 四月一日」とされています。 破沙羅さんはSNKキャラにしては珍しく亡くなったことが明確になっているキャラなのです。(続く) http://samuraianiv.snk-corp.co.jp/character/basara/index.php pic.twitter.com/8dnzYivbX7

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Yesterday 4/1, did you know that it was the anniversary of the death of Sara Kubiri who appeared in "Samurai Spirits"? Sara's anniversary of the death is said to be "Tenmei" on April 1, eight years. Sara-San is a character that has become clear that it has died unusually for SNK characters. (continues) http://samuraianiv.snk-corp.co.jp/character/basara/index.php

DZwDKHoV4AApKOA.jpg
    DZwDLMAVQAAPr6i.jpg
    DZwDM_UVMAAzdWS.jpg
    DZwDNsYV4AEW0ps.jpg

Anthony..

Sounds good NGCD. To help out here's the list of SNK for the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance off Wikipedia

Game Boy[edit]

List is wrong, you lack Money Idol Exchanger for Game Boy (Super Game Boy)

While SNK didn't do it themselves, Bust A Move Again (aka bust a move 2) is also on the Super Game Boy format for Game Boy.

Edited by Tanooki