IGNORED

what about a pool for the best game of all time

vprette

Actually, you have 25 individual polls on the first round, then 10 on the second, and 3 on the last, for a total of 38 individual polls. 2,000 votes spread throughout them comes to about 50 people participating. Not bad, though.

- j.

the most partecipated pool reach 65 votes... but average is 50

Edited by vprette

Not bad - seriously? I'd say an average of 50 votes per poll with lots of comments is pretty damn good! Good job vprette!! dZ run along now like a good little chap and make sure if Tower of Doom was released on cart LOL;-)

Careful, your rancor is showing...

I was just putting those 2,000 votes into context. An average of 50 participants per poll is a good thing, right Valter?

-dZ.

I make no secret of my rancor and can easily substantiate it!

And if you understood the full definition of the word you just admitted your own wrong doings. Pretty funny, I have never had a problem with ANYONE in 3 decades while you seem to s**t on almost everything anyone else does. You have a lot to learn about humility, hypocrisy and the intellivision itself. I don't think I have anything to be "careful" about as I have never wronged ANYONE! YOU, on the other hand disqualified the scores of my 7 and 9 year old nieces as well as mine and my brother-in-law because of your "rancor" & not wanting to give me and my niece the patches we won fair and square because I put you in your place when you called me a cheater the 1st time. Then we had words and I thought we were good. You made a 9-year old girl cry hysterically and even after trying to be nice with you and explain the situation, you completely ignored ALL my emails & stated that we were ALL barred from future competitions. Instead of doing the right thing, you resort to calling me/us cheaters a 2nd time on 12/31 and disqualify All our scores after I introduced your game to 3 people and supported it with multiple purchases? EVERYONE - listen to the podcast - it's right there how much of a hypocrite dZ is. You babble about how you can't do anything about cheating (which mind you NONE of us did? I sent pictures in daily from my own TV on real hardware) & that game is supposed to bring joy - blah blah blah and then pull this BS. dZ wanted me to send in a video late on 12/31 of my niece playing to substantiate her 935 score which would have earned her a novice patch, once again calling my integrity into question and that of a 9-year old. She was so happy and proud and then dZ pulls his BS. Obviously I wasn't going to put a video of a 9-year old on the Internet and her parents would never consent to such BS. And for what a lousy couple of patches and mug you owed me and one patch for my niece who was going to sew it on her girl scout sachet to boot giving you awesome free publicity. Me be "careful", My reputation is Gold and ANYONE who has dealt with me knows that. Your reputation is not and you are a hypocrite as my story and your podcast interview show. And dZ, I still have that 2-page letter written by my 9-year old niece telling you what she thought of your actions - I'll be posting that whenever I get around to it. Unless you think I faked my own handwriting for that of a 9-year old, intentionally misspelled words & created a fictitious person just to get another patch LOL. Run along now dZ - Maybe you could use one of your Carol mugs and pour yourself a cup of shut the **** up. By the way, where are my 2 Novice patches, Helper Patch, Carol Mug w/cocoa & Carol stickers - Maybe they were lost in mail;-);-);-);-) Maybe you want to be "careful" as my reputation is not the one going to take a hit here. Let me know when you mail out my s**t;-);-);-);-)

Joe.

I think J make his point but also I think this is not the right place for such a discussion.

Dz has his own way to tell things but I don't see problems here in discussing point of view... yes average of 50 per pool is very good considering that in no other place the intellivision community can score a bigger adherence.

I understand there is some rancor around but you are people that love intellivision whatever your attitude is... so let's just speak about intellivision

Edited by vprette

Careful, your rancor is showing...

I was just putting those 2,000 votes into context. An average of 50 participants per poll is a good thing, right Valter?

-dZ.

Hey DZ.... before you call people out on there rancor, watch yours as well!

You have been very judgemental at times, just sayin'.

• Like 1

and the winner of

best sport game on INTV is

Major League Baseball

the result is a surprise since the 2 baseball games already crossed in round 1 and that time wcb won.

Since the total amount of votes did not increase, I believe that people that votes other sports like soccer or skiing, did not vote in the final because not interested in baseball, and probably did not own the two titltes so were not in position to judge...

So the final score seems to be due to people changing their mind and moving the vote from wcb to the original major league!

Edited by vprette

we are in round 4!

top 8 games become top 9 due to a tied

all dungeons&dragons games are in.

no sport titles are in!

homebrew is a fight between C. Mueller, DZ, Joe, David, Chevallier... waiting for the new developers like Oscar arriving in the scene

I make no secret of my rancor and can easily substantiate it!

And if you understood the full definition of the word you just admitted your own wrong doings. Pretty funny, I have never had a problem with ANYONE in 3 decades while you seem to s**t on almost everything anyone else does. You have a lot to learn about humility, hypocrisy and the intellivision itself. I don't think I have anything to be "careful" about as I have never wronged ANYONE! YOU, on the other hand disqualified the scores of my 7 and 9 year old nieces as well as mine and my brother-in-law because of your "rancor" & not wanting to give me and my niece the patches we won fair and square because I put you in your place when you called me a cheater the 1st time. Then we had words and I thought we were good. You made a 9-year old girl cry hysterically and even after trying to be nice with you and explain the situation, you completely ignored ALL my emails & stated that we were ALL barred from future competitions. Instead of doing the right thing, you resort to calling me/us cheaters a 2nd time on 12/31 and disqualify All our scores after I introduced your game to 3 people and supported it with multiple purchases? EVERYONE - listen to the podcast - it's right there how much of a hypocrite dZ is. You babble about how you can't do anything about cheating (which mind you NONE of us did? I sent pictures in daily from my own TV on real hardware) & that game is supposed to bring joy - blah blah blah and then pull this BS. dZ wanted me to send in a video late on 12/31 of my niece playing to substantiate her 935 score which would have earned her a novice patch, once again calling my integrity into question and that of a 9-year old. She was so happy and proud and then dZ pulls his BS. Obviously I wasn't going to put a video of a 9-year old on the Internet and her parents would never consent to such BS. And for what a lousy couple of patches and mug you owed me and one patch for my niece who was going to sew it on her girl scout sachet to boot giving you awesome free publicity. Me be "careful", My reputation is Gold and ANYONE who has dealt with me knows that. Your reputation is not and you are a hypocrite as my story and your podcast interview show. And dZ, I still have that 2-page letter written by my 9-year old niece telling you what she thought of your actions - I'll be posting that whenever I get around to it. Unless you think I faked my own handwriting for that of a 9-year old, intentionally misspelled words & created a fictitious person just to get another patch LOL. Run along now dZ - Maybe you could use one of your Carol mugs and pour yourself a cup of shut the **** up. By the way, where are my 2 Novice patches, Helper Patch, Carol Mug w/cocoa & Carol stickers - Maybe they were lost in mail;-);-);-);-) Maybe you want to be "careful" as my reputation is not the one going to take a hit here. Let me know when you mail out my s**t;-);-);-);-)

Joe.

Wow, if this is true, it makes me sad.

I have a lot of respect for J, so I'd like to hear his side of this before I jump to conclusions, but I admit this looks bad.

winner as best shoot'em up is

Dreadnaught Factor

a big surprise considering Astrosmash (2nd place) as the most iconic games on the system!

Dreadnaught was the better game for many reasons.

Graphics and gameplay for sure and certainly replayability.

It is just an awesome game. closer to 3d than the 2 dimensional look of Astrosmash.

and of course, just my opinion! :)

Dreadnaught was the better game for many reasons.

Graphics and gameplay for sure and certainly replayability.

It is just an awesome game. closer to 3d than the 2 dimensional look of Astrosmash.

and of course, just my opinion! :)

I have see nteh atari5200 version: why inty did not use the same vertical approach?

Well, the Intellivision version was developed first, was it not? I think that's just how it was written. AFAIK, Intellivision can scroll in any direction with equal capability, so this was likely just a design decision. I don't understand why vertical scrolling makes the 5200 'far superior' though. That's just a personal preference. Defender / Nova Blast: Side scrolling shooters. Mission X / River Raid: Vertical scrolling shooters.

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

I have played both versions of D'naught. I can't say I have an opinion regarding the orientation of the game at all. I tend to prefer the Intv version, but I can't really identify why. There is a hack of the 5200 game with different Dreadnaughts in it, so that is a positive for the 5200 . . .