IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback System

Ah to me that sounds like maybe they were possibly talking about the second release of the flashback since they said with some additional titles aka games maybe ?

it is pretty cool that you got a response though

• Like 1

Yeah, that sounds to me as though they are thinking that if and when the CV FB2 is released, it may include more overlays and 'additional games'. I don't think that at all sounds like they are willing to sell overlays separately - that's strictly an Intellivision Lives! deal.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if the AC power supply that came with either the CV or INTV flashback are the same and will work on either system? I have both and the power supplies look identical I just want to be sure it's safe to share the same power supply for both without the risk of frying one.

Does anybody know if the AC power supply that came with either the CV or INTV flashback are the same and will work on either system?

Yes, they are both 5volt center-positive power adapters so they are interchangeable.

Just read the label on the power adapter and as long as it's a 5volt center-positive, you can use it with the Colecovision, Intellivision, and Atari (Flashback 5) Flashbacks. The systems also have the requirement imprinted in the plastic by the power jack.

However, if you have the AtGames Genesis system, you should be aware that it is NOT the same. It is a 9volt center-negative power adapter even though it looks the same.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

Well, this ColecoVision Flashback already has Frenzy and Venture, then Q*bert is now owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment through Gottlieb's Columbia Pictures association along with Hasbro who bought out Parker Brothers via Tonka in 1991, so good luck to AtGames on somehow acquiring the rights for that one, IF it costs us any of those other games from my list, I say no way!

I forgot to mention Mr. Do.

Time to break this thread up!

There has been some discussion as to whether there should be a sub-forum devoted to the CV Flashback. My feeling is that there is enough overlap between Flashback questions and 'real' Colecovision questions that the questions can posted as legitimate standalone threads, without needing any special 'FB-only' threads or forums.

What do others think..?

Time to break this thread up!

There has been some discussion as to whether there should be a sub-forum devoted to the CV Flashback. My feeling is that there is enough overlap between Flashback questions and 'real' Colecovision questions that the questions can posted as legitimate standalone threads, without needing any special 'FB-only' threads or forums.

What do others think..?

I think few people are going to talk about the CV Flashback six months from now, unless AtGames announces the CVFB2 later this year...

• Like 2

I didn't forget to mention Mr. Do! as it was on my list.

Where's Q*Bert and Q*Bert's Qubes? I prefer my list. :)

As for these flashback systems... I would gladly pay more for machines with an SD cart slot or a cartridge slot. I also think the Atari #5 is a mistake because it makes more sense to have a system on a chip than one using emulation. The wireless controllers also don't have a good reputation from what I've read.

Edited by Justin222

Where's Q*Bert and Q*Bert's Qubes? I prefer my list. :)

As for these flashback systems... I would gladly pay more for machines with an SD cart slot or a cartridge slot. I also think the Atari #5 is a mistake because it makes more sense to have a system on a chip than one using emulation. The wireless controllers also don't have a good reputation from what I've read.

My list did not include Q*bert, an all-time favorite game of mine, along with its sequel Qubes because I'm realistic about AtGames obtaining their rights when it is too complicated to get them over all those 15 more essential Coleco games, please read the other reply again!

8)

Edited by TrekkiELO

I don't see why Atgames didn't release an Atari flashback with a cart slot that used the SOAC like the Flashback II used. They seem to have the Atari clone market cornered where Retrobit, Hyperkin, and Yobo won't touch it.

They did it with their Genesis system, although the Super Retro Trio is a million times more accurate. SRT A/V is cleaner than my stock VA-7 Model 1 Genesis and it even plays SMS games through an adapter. The ATGames Genesis is garbage, unfortunately.

I don't see why Atgames didn't release an Atari flashback with a cart slot that used the SOAC like the Flashback II used. They seem to have the Atari clone market cornered where Retrobit, Hyperkin, and Yobo won't touch it.

They did it with their Genesis system, although the Super Retro Trio is a million times more accurate. SRT A/V is cleaner than my stock VA-7 Model 1 Genesis and it even plays SMS games through an adapter. The ATGames Genesis is garbage, unfortunately.

I prefer the RetroN 5 myself, since, despite not supporting flash carts, it actually gives me a reason to use it over a real Genesis at times. The Super Retro Trio is fine, but I don't care for the analog output. I can get better output on my genesis over RGB.

• Like 1

My list did not include Q*bert, an all-time favorite game of mine, along with its sequel Qubes because I'm realistic about AtGames obtaining their rights when it is too complicated to get them over all those 15 more essential Coleco games, please read the other reply again!

8)

Most of the games that are hard to get are the ones I think should be included. That includes the Intellivision and Atari as well. My list wasn't designed to be realistic. It's not your list.

The Colecovision Flashback isn't the ultimate Colecovision, but it's a reasonable resemblance :) and I hope it gets a lot of people interested in the old good Colecovision :)

I would say it's but a mere shadow of a Colecovision or a pale imitation since it only includes HALF of the games and not even the most memorable ones at that, NO expansion port, and NO cart interface. The unit doesn't even resemble the actual console. I had to buy Phil Boland's outstanding replica decals just to improve the cosmetic look of an actual CV console and give the controllers the silver discs. At least the Intellivision Flashback resembled the wood-grain finish of the original Mattel console and the controllers were near-perfect replicas and included more overlays and Intellivision Productions made ALL of the game overlays not included available to order online. It would take a LOT for me to even consider buying a CV FB2 if it only came with a handful of more games. A cart interface and maybe a Driving Module or Roller Controller add-ons with Turbo and Slither might be enough to impress me.

• Like 1

Flashbacks have been marked down to $19 + change at Sam's Club if you can still find them.

Sam's Club in Homewood, Alabama had four in stock at that price today. I'm still not sure I want one. I got the Intellivision Flashback in December and it seems fine. If AtGames decides to release an improved Colecovision Flashback II, I will most likely get that one. By the way, ONLY the Coleco model was at the reduced price at the above location. Genesis and Atari were still at $39. I didn't see any Intellivision Flashbacks. Coincidence or could they be slightly more popular with the masses?

• Like 1

Most of the games that are hard to get are the ones I think should be included. That includes the Intellivision and Atari as well. My list wasn't designed to be realistic. It's not your list.

That's right, you now state the obvious, and mine's not your's, you're the one who started all this by chiming in on my list first, geez!

:roll:

That's right, you now state the obvious, and mine's not your's, you're the one who started all this by chiming in on my list first, geez!

:roll:

There are several games I would never choose to do without, whether they're easy to get licensed or not. If posting that constitutes "starting something" with you then so be it.