IGNORED

Project -L

voltron

That's more RAM than I had on the first PC I think I ran an Intellivision emulator on!

Well... Maybe not... Did the first one require a 486? But, it's definitely more RAM than we had in the first few PCs my family owned (couple Tandy 1000 models). Not counting the TRS-80 variants we used. (Dad was loyal to Tandy for a long time...) Can't recall how much was in the first 386 we had.

My computer's RAM sizes went something like this: 16K (TI-99/4A; 1983), 640K (Tandy 1000; 1990), 4MB (white-box 386SX; 1992), 16MB (486; 1994), 64MB (Pentium II; 1997). It was that last machine that I first ran INTVPC on and I started developing jzIntv on.

I thought about trying to give the Intellivision a truly ridiculous amount of RAM (e.g. 64MB or more) with LTO Flash!, but I decided to save that for LTO Flash 2: Electric Boogaloo! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 4

Have you needed to send them in?

Twice actually. The drive on my original Wii died. So I had to send it back (also found was some internal memory issues, which meant a few saves could not be transferred over).

My son spilled water on his 3DS and killed the touch screen. It too had to be shipped back and was replaced. Unfortunately, all the internal data could not be saved.

It should be noted that Nintendo systems do let you transfer from one unit to another, if both are in working order. The 3DS has had that capability for its entire life and a limit to the number of transfers was lifted in the last year or so. The Wii U is getting that capability in the current system update.

My computer's RAM sizes went something like this: 16K (TI-99/4A; 1983), 640K (Tandy 1000; 1990), 4MB (white-box 386SX; 1992), 16MB (486; 1994), 64MB (Pentium II; 1997). It was that last machine that I first ran INTVPC on and I started developing jzIntv on.

I thought about trying to give the Intellivision a truly ridiculous amount of RAM (e.g. 64MB or more) with LTO Flash!, but I decided to save that for LTO Flash 2: Electric Boogaloo! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Along w/ the HDMI (or will it be 4K or 16K or whatever by then), Mr. Fusion input port, transporter technology, holodeck, and 1149-on-a-chip that unfolds like a Jetson's briefcase!

Twice actually. The drive on my original Wii died. So I had to send it back (also found was some internal memory issues, which meant a few saves could not be transferred over).

My son spilled water on his 3DS and killed the touch screen. It too had to be shipped back and was replaced. Unfortunately, all the internal data could not be saved.

It should be noted that Nintendo systems do let you transfer from one unit to another, if both are in working order. The 3DS has had that capability for its entire life and a limit to the number of transfers was lifted in the last year or so. The Wii U is getting that capability in the current system update.

Dang... A couple months ago I replaced the drive on our Wii, but as far as I know that was the only problem. I'm sure I'd have heard the bleating cries of my children and their friends if any data had been lost. :P

Oh nice. Did I get it right, that the estimated price is about 120$? Sounds fair for me. Sorry for asking, but 14 pages is a bit too much :lol: When did it get released?

Yes, you've heard about it properly. It will be released in September at the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas.

The announcement happened Sunday in a special edition of the Intellivisionaries podcast.

• Like 1

My first computer was Intellivision ECS, I was real good at programing it at the time and the amount of ram I taught was a lot, second computer was a commodore 64, and I learned how to hack games with a program called disector and fast hackem. Then i got the 128, but did not do much as most of the software was for c64 and I was always using the commodore 64 mode. Finally in school we got pc with dos 3.0 but I started to lose interest in computers at this time and my attention focus switch to girls... Hmm how bout LTO Flash 2: Beat Street!

No, everyone who wants one has to come to the CGE. It will never ever be on sale again! That's a true test for the Inty lovers!

War nur ein Scherz. ;)

This is True, the rumor is CMART will be at the event and will buy every cart leaving none for everyone else. He has a new bunker built in Vancouver just for the flash cart. It is imperative that we keep Cmart away from the event. According to intelligence gathering he may be able to get by the 99 levels of security, but the 100th level sheep may stall him, so send Sheep to Vegas,

• Like 2

This is True, the rumor is CMART will be at the event and will buy every cart leaving none for everyone else. He has a new bunker built in Vancouver just for the flash cart. It is imperative that we keep Cmart away from the event. According to intelligence gathering he may be able to get by the 99 levels of security, but the 100th level sheep may stall him, so send Sheep to Vegas,

What about other livestock? Goats, chickens, horses?

• Like 1

My first computer was Intellivision ECS, I was real good at programing it at the time and the amount of ram I taught was a lot, second computer was a commodore 64, and I learned how to hack games with a program called disector and fast hackem. Then i got the 128, but did not do much as most of the software was for c64 and I was always using the commodore 64 mode. Finally in school we got pc with dos 3.0 but I started to lose interest in computers at this time and my attention focus switch to girls... Hmm how bout LTO Flash 2: Beat Street!

We had an ECS, but for some reason I never really considered it a computer. ;-)

I did my fair share of hacking across Commodore, Apple and IBM products back in the day. I just didn't own most of the machines I was messing around on. Spent quite a lot of time at the public library (Apple ///, IBM PCjr), school (Commodore PET, IBM PCjr, Apple //e, Apple ][GS), friends houses (Commodore 64), and at work (PC AT clones), before going off to college.

No no no! I need the early retirement! I just informed the board shop that we'll need eleventy billion LTO Flash! delivered directly to CMART in Vegas. ;-)

Edited by intvnut

No no no! I need the early retirement! I just informed the board shop that we'll need eleventy billion LTO Flash! delivered directly to CMART in Vegas. ;-)

First they need to finish the railyard and adjacent depot. If it weren't for that, we'd have already shipped.

I think the first time I ran the Intellivision emulator it was on a 386DX 40. I know that it ran well on a 486 though.

Here are some boxes for people to use promoting Locutus.

Cool, it's like the CC3 but even better with USB Support instead the no longer supported or limited support Serial port it has the on screen manuals like the CC3 no need to buy a Micro SD Card and have to keep taking the cartridge out of the Intellivision every time you get a new game or demo program. I do have one question, do you have to have the cartridge plugged into a powered up Intellivision to transfer games to it or will it also allow you to transfer games to it just hooked to the USB Cable and not installed in the Intellivision for those who don't have their PC close by to their Intellivision. Can you put it in Developer Mode (Similar to the way the Intellicart worked) like with the CC3 where you upload a game to it and play it directly from that screen instead of going through the game select screen?

Cool, it's like the CC3 but even better with USB Support instead the no longer supported or limited support Serial port it has the on screen manuals like the CC3 no need to buy a Micro SD Card and have to keep taking the cartridge out of the Intellivision every time you get a new game or demo program. I do have one question, do you have to have the cartridge plugged into a powered up Intellivision to transfer games to it or will it also allow you to transfer games to it just hooked to the USB Cable and not installed in the Intellivision for those who don't have their PC close by to their Intellivision. Can you put it in Developer Mode (Similar to the way the Intellicart worked) like with the CC3 where you upload a game to it and play it directly from that screen instead of going through the game select screen?

• Do you have to have the cartridge plugged into a powered up Intellivision to transfer games to it?: NO. Take it out of the Intellivision, plug it into the USB port, and update the ROMs / menu layout. If LTO Flash! is already plugged into the console, this mode requires the Intellivision to be turned off.
  • Can you put it into Developer Mode to upload a game to it and play directly?: YES. If you're plugged into the USB and a powered up Intellivision, have the GUI running and reset the console, the 'Download and Play' feature in the GUI is available. In this mode, just select a single ROM in the list and click 'Download & Play' (Ctrl+R or Cmd+R).

Joe will certainly clarify where I get this wrong.

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

• Do you have to have the cartridge plugged into a powered up Intellivision to transfer games to it?: NO. Take it out of the Intellivision, plug it into the USB port, and update the ROMs / menu layout. If LTO Flash! is already plugged into the console, this mode requires the Intellivision to be turned off.
  • Can you put it into Developer Mode to upload a game to it and play directly?: YES. If you're plugged into the USB and a powered up Intellivision, have the GUI running and reset the console, the 'Download and Play' feature in the GUI is available. In this mode, just select a single ROM in the list and click 'Download & Play' (Ctrl+R or Cmd+R).

And they are only going to sell it at the CES? That's Not Fair.

It's less then what the CC3 cost and better.

Yep, that's pretty much it. You can leave it plugged into USB all the time if you like. Steve summed it up nicely. I'll reiterate:

• If LTO Flash! is not connected to the Intellivision, or it's connected to a powered-off Intellivision, you can manage your library on the cartridge via USB.
  • If LTO Flash! is connected to a powered-up Intellivision and at the LTO Flash! menu, then you can use the "Download and Play" to download a single ROM for immediate play; however, you cannot manage your library on the cartridge.
  • If LTO Flash! is connected to a powered-up Intellivision and is in a game or other program (not at the LTO Flash! menu), then the USB acts as a serial port under the control of the game/program being run.

And they are only going to sell it at the CES? That's Not Fair.

It's less then what the CC3 cost and better.

I'm launching it at CGExpo. It'll also be available for order afterward.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Yep, that's pretty much it. You can leave it plugged into USB all the time if you like. Steve summed it up nicely. I'll reiterate:

• If LTO Flash! is not connected to the Intellivision, or it's connected to a powered-off Intellivision, you can manage your library on the cartridge via USB.
  • If LTO Flash! is connected to a powered-up Intellivision and at the LTO Flash! menu, then you can use the "Download and Play" to download a single ROM for immediate play; however, you cannot manage your library on the cartridge.
  • If LTO Flash! is connected to a powered-up Intellivision and is in a game or other program (not at the LTO Flash! menu), then the USB acts as a serial port under the control of the game/program being run.

I'm launching it at CGExpo. It'll also be available for order afterward.

Oh Good I hope I can afford to buy one maybe I could sell my CC3 or just keep it just incase there might be some games or demo programs or prototypes that won't run on the LTO or keep the CC3 just in case God Forbid the LTO becomes defective. I've had my CC3 for 6.5 years and it still works perfectly, it cost 150 bucks plus 550for the add on Micro SD Card that came with all released, un released games, demos and prototype programs including Spina The Bee (Very Strange Game do not think it would have sold very well in the US if it came out during Intellivision's day in the 80s to strange of a game to appeal to most people) not available anywhere else at the time and also Yogi's Frustration a very fun game that you can get a 6 digit score on fairly easy if set on the easiest setting but gets much harder on any other difficulty setting I like the music it plays when you clear a level.