IGNORED

Project -L

voltron

Oh Good I hope I can afford to buy one maybe I could sell my CC3 or just keep it just incase there might be some games or demo programs or prototypes that won't run on the LTO or keep the CC3 just in case God Forbid the LTO becomes defective. I've had my CC3 for 6.5 years and it still works perfectly, it cost 150 bucks plus 550for the add on Micro SD Card that came with all released, un released games, demos and prototype programs including Spina The Bee (Very Strange Game do not think it would have sold very well in the US if it came out during Intellivision's day in the 80s to strange of a game to appeal to most people) not available anywhere else at the time and also Yogi's Frustration a very fun game that you can get a 6 digit score on fairly easy if set on the easiest setting but gets much harder on any other difficulty setting I like the music it plays when you clear a level.

There is nothing that the LTO Flash! won't run that has been found. All roms known to exist at the moment work on LTO Flash!

The $50 micro SD card with the ROMS on it was unofficial and not sold by the person who created the CC3.

If the LTO Flash! dies, and it is not something the user did, I am sure that Left Turn Only would replace the defective unit if that was the case. Usually with this type of thing, if it works it will continue to work. There are a number that are dead on arrival from the factory, but Joe tests all product when installing firmware.

If the LTO Flash! dies, and it is not something the user did, I am sure that Left Turn Only would replace the defective unit if that was the case. Usually with this type of thing, if it works it will continue to work. There are a number that are dead on arrival from the factory, but Joe tests all product when installing firmware.

I definitely do burn-in testing before selling the boards.

I'll have to set a warranty period (perhaps 1 year from the original date of purchase?), just so I don't have to hold onto spare product forever. But yeah, if an LTO Flash! goes kaput under normal use, I'll repair or replace the cartridge.

These things are being professionally manufactured to a high spec, including hard gold fingers on the card edge, and so on. Truly built to last and to look good doing it.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 6

As we have said already, LTO Flash! will debut at Classic Gaming Expo 2014.

IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY IT MAIL ORDER!

If you intend to attend CGE, and also intend to purchase LTO Flash! at the show, please email

gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

with your name and the number of LTO Flash that you would like to buy. This is not a 'pre-order'. This is just to gauge interest for picking up one at the show. It would be nice to know how many to bring.

If you are interested in getting mail ordering information when available, please email the same address and tell us that you are interested in buying 'x' amount by mail. Again, this is NOT a 'pre-order' but simply expressing interest in the product. You are under no obligation.

You won't 'miss out' if you don't get on the list.

Related question that I could not find in this thread yet (my apologies if it already has been asked and I overlooked it): where do I find ROMs to put on the cart?

I saw another thread where somebody asked about that and was directed to buy the Intellivision Lives disc; however, that only works on Windows and I use only Macs (both at home and at my work).

ROM dumps of non-homebrew carts for most other consoles of this era are readily available (such as the ROMs available for every Atari console here on this very site). Any recommendations?

Related question that I could not find in this thread yet (my apologies if it already has been asked and I overlooked it): where do I find ROMs to put on the cart?

I saw another thread where somebody asked about that and was directed to buy the Intellivision Lives disc; however, that only works on Windows and I use only Macs (both at home and at my work).

ROM dumps of non-homebrew carts for most other consoles of this era are readily available (such as the ROMs available for every Atari console here on this very site). Any recommendations?

The ROM images on the 2 CD's by Intellivision Productions are ready to use on PC and MAC (the emulator for MAC is only for classic). And they cover almost the complete Mattel, Activision and Imagic library.

For other ROMs you maybe should ask Google.

Do you intend to buy an LTO Flash! You might want to grab a D2K or DK Arcade ROM to work with it cheap! They are on sale now and will be discontinued soon! Only $10 US

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/

That D2K cartridge looks cool. Wish I had picked one of those up (but had a lot going on then). The rom image was worth it though.

The issue was already talked about.....if you patch it, the patched version could work.....Joe might be able to have it automagically do it.

What will most likely happen is that if the UI recognizes the ROM as The Dreadnaught Factor, it'll apply the patch when it packages it for deployment to LTO Flash! It will require the .bin format. A .rom (for CC3) would need conversion to .bin + .cfg to validate whether it was properly generated. That could be done by the UI app as well, though it will be below a number of other items on the feature list.

The worst possible scenario is that you, mighty User, edit the .cfg file for your dreadnaught.bin and then put it on LTO Flash! That will do in a pinch.

Edited by intvsteve

What will most likely happen is that if the UI recognizes the ROM as The Dreadnaught Factor, it'll apply the patch when it packages it for deployment to LTO Flash! It will require the .bin format. A .rom (for CC3) would need conversion to .bin + .cfg to validate whether it was properly generated. That could be done by the UI app as well, though it will be below a number of other items on the feature list.

The worst possible scenario is that you, mighty User, edit the .cfg file for your dreadnaught.bin and then put it on LTO Flash! That will do in a pinch.

Backing up a little bit:

What I plan to offer for Intellivision 2 and ECS compatibility are selectable modes:

• Intellivision 2 compatibility: On (factory default) or Off.
    • When on, bypasses the Intellivision 2 lockout. This is the factory default.
    • When off, LTO Flash does not bypass the Intellivision 2 lockout. This is most useful if you're testing a given ROM's compatibility with the Intellivision 2, either because it's a ROM you're developing, or because you're putting together a ROM compatibility list. :-) It's really an "experts only" feature. Most people will use the factory default.
  • ECS mode: Native Only (factory default), Compatible, and Always On.
    • In Native Only mode, the ECS will be enabled only for games written that are specifically aware of the ECS. Melody Blaster, WSMLB, Mind Strike, etc. will see the ECS ROMs, while non-ECS-aware games will not. This is the factory default.
    • In Compatible mode, the ECS will be enabled for all games that run correctly when an ECS is attached. This includes games like Astrosmash and Baseball, neither of which actually know or care about the ECS. The purpose of this mode is to let you use the "sucky feature" in ECS BASIC to read graphics out of cartridges, or to launch the ECS's built in synth mode.
    • In Always On mode, the ECS always remains enabled, regardless of whether the game selected is known to be compatible with the ECS. This is more of an expert mode, much like the Intellivision 2 compatibility switch.

The Dreadnaught Factor patch discussed above (and, indeed, any patch we might deliver in this form) would not be selectable like this. Rather, if we provide any sort of automatic patching, it'd be a one-time thing when you import the ROM. You won't be able to turn the patch on and off, although you could just put the patched and unpatched ROMs both on your LTO Flash!

The selectable Intellivision 2 and ECS compatibility modes are headline features that I want to be sure work on ship-day. As Steve says, the more general patching facility is a bit further down the feature list, and may not make the cut line for ship day (CGExpo, unless something goes horribly wrong).

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2

Backing up a little bit:

What I plan to offer for Intellivision 2 and ECS compatibility are selectable modes:

• Intellivision 2 compatibility: On (factory default) or Off.
    • When on, bypasses the Intellivision 2 lockout. This is the factory default.
    • When off, LTO Flash does not bypass the Intellivision 2 lockout. This is most useful if you're testing a given ROM's compatibility with the Intellivision 2, either because it's a ROM you're developing, or because you're putting together a ROM compatibility list. :-) It's really an "experts only" feature. Most people will use the factory default.
  • ECS mode: Native Only (factory default), Compatible, and Always On.
    • In Native Only mode, the ECS will be enabled only for games written that are specifically aware of the ECS. Melody Blaster, WSMLB, Mind Strike, etc. will see the ECS ROMs, while non-ECS-aware games will not. This is the factory default.
    • In Compatible mode, the ECS will be enabled for all games that run correctly when an ECS is attached. This includes games like Astrosmash and Baseball, neither of which actually know or care about the ECS. The purpose of this mode is to let you use the "sucky feature" in ECS BASIC to read graphics out of cartridges, or to launch the ECS's built in synth mode.
    • In Always On mode, the ECS always remains enabled, regardless of whether the game selected is known to be compatible with the ECS. This is more of an expert mode, much like the Intellivision 2 compatibility switch.

The Dreadnaught Factor patch discussed above (and, indeed, any patch we might deliver in this form) would not be selectable like this. Rather, if we provide any sort of automatic patching, it'd be a one-time thing when you import the ROM. You won't be able to turn the patch on and off, although you could just put the patched and unpatched ROMs both on your LTO Flash!

The selectable Intellivision 2 and ECS compatibility modes are headline features that I want to be sure work on ship-day. As Steve says, the more general patching facility is a bit further down the feature list, and may not make the cut line for ship day (CGExpo, unless something goes horribly wrong).

So when it is in ECS Compatible mode the games like all Atari Games and Congo Bongo and Magic Carousel will play and not get that black screen when the ECS is attached? It is really annoying having to disconnect the ECS when I want to play PAC MAN or Dig Dug or other Atari Games.

So when it is in ECS Compatible mode the games like all Atari Games and Congo Bongo and Magic Carousel will play and not get that black screen when the ECS is attached? It is really annoying having to disconnect the ECS when I want to play PAC MAN or Dig Dug or other Atari Games.

Exactly correct.

A lot of people think that we get our boxes printed at a Copy Shop or small time printer.

Check out the 3 million dollar printer that prints our boxes!

It is Heidelberg printer from Germany.

The cutter is a Bobst die cutter. also pictured.

Oh yeah, and this is not a proof of the LTO Box, it is one..... :-)

post-31813-0-38852300-1406234617_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-54617600-1406234637_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-57569600-1406234655_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-00353700-1406234673_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-06072100-1406234693_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

A lot of people think that we get our boxes printed at a Copy Shop or small time printer.

Check out the 3 million dollar printer that prints our boxes!

It is Heidelberg printer from Germany.

The cutter is a Bobst die cutter. also pictured.

Oh yeah, and this is not a proof of the LTO Box, it is one..... :-)

Too bad Cmart has been barred from getting any of the games :)